Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirHead you've got the hands of a surgeon!! You can "operate" on any of my birds!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

AirHead an absolutely outstanding paint job. I can't even begin to imagine how you did it or how much patience it took. OK, now I'm dying to know how, did you hand paint the stripes (no way, they're too uniformly unique with sharp edges), or use an air brush or use trim tape (unlikely). Just how the heck did you do such a great job?
      Awsome Hugh, call it the TigerKing II Or The Real TigerKing.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

• The old CZ T-28 got a much needed makeover.

New pilot. Lined gatored cockpit with plastic. Tinted canopy with Tamiya TS-71 smoke. Airbrush work done with the new Benchcraft PC110 Compressor kit. Graphics were what I had in the parts drawers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-281.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.1 KB ID:	260139Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-282.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	260140Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.3 KB ID:	260141Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-284.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	260142Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-285.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	260143Click image for larger version  Name:	RAF T-286.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.6 KB ID:	260144

Comment

• NICE The Brit camo will be a great compliment to my SAE version and Chris's BA
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
            The old CZ T-28 got a much needed makeover.

New pilot. Lined gatored cockpit with plastic. Tinted canopy with Tamiya TS-71 smoke. Airbrush work done with the new Benchcraft PC110 Compressor kit. Graphics were what I had in the parts drawers.

Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-281.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.1 KB ID:	260139Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-282.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	260140Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.3 KB ID:	260141Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-284.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	260142Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-285.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	260143Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-286.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.6 KB ID:	260144
            That looks awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
              The old CZ T-28 got a much needed makeover.

Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-281.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.1 KB ID:	260139Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-282.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.8 KB ID:	260140Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.3 KB ID:	260141Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-284.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	260142Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-285.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	260143Click image for larger version Name:	RAF T-286.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.6 KB ID:	260144
              Very impressive work. Looks fantastic.....

Comment

• About halfway done on my Israeli paint scheme on freewing 70mm f-16

Comment

• Fsr045 Welcome to Hobby Squawk! The repaint looks great. Love your choice of colors (see above)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fsr045 View Post
                    About halfway done on my Israeli paint scheme on freewing 70mm f-16
                    F0, Looking good so far. Keep posting those pictures, Great work, Sir and Welcome to "The Squawk"!! Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Twowingtj I have a CZ T-28. I’ll bet that’s amazing in person. The size of the plane has so much presence. Great work!

Comment

• My latest repaint. Dynam Bf-110 in afrika corp colors.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5552.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	263115Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5553.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	263114Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5554.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	263112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	263113
                          I finished my 2000mm, FMS DeHavilland DHC2 Beaver in the RCAF Patrol Beaver scheme which once existed. Flying amongst the classic Northern bush fires and doing reconnaissance in the North. I glued a small beaver on top so that a beaver can actually fictitiously feel what it's like to fly!....lol...

Comment

• AirHead OMG, that is spectacular. The detail on the floats is first class. We used to have a fly in cabin east of Lake of the Woods in Ontario and an outfit called Northwest Flying Services in Nestor Falls would get us into our cabin and usually we flew in a Beaver, my favorite plane. We must have also use about 30 Beaver loads of material to build the cabin and all our fuel oil for the generator had to be flown in on either a Beaver or Twin Beach. I got to know the bush pilots so well over the 30 years that they used to let me fly it occasionally, but not to take off or land. They also had an outpost fishing camp north of the tree line on Dubawnt Lake that I'd go with them every year to and we usually took a Beaver (a 12 hour trip from our cabin). One year, the starter on the Beaver went out and the pilot had to stand on the floats and hand prop it while I worked the throttle. What a recipe for disaster!

Seeing you're Beaver brings back so many great memories. Although that scheme gives me chills because it is very similar to what the Lands and Forests agents would fly in on us to see if we were up to anything not quite legal, which of course we never were.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                              AirHead OMG, that is spectacular. The detail on the floats is first class. We used to have a fly in cabin east of Lake of the Woods in Ontario and an outfit called Northwest Flying Services in Nestor Falls would get us into our cabin and usually we flew in a Beaver, my favorite plane. We must have also use about 30 Beaver loads of material to build the cabin and all our fuel oil for the generator had to be flown in on either a Beaver or Twin Beach. I got to know the bush pilots so well over the 30 years that they used to let me fly it occasionally, but not to take off or land. They also had an outpost fishing camp north of the tree line on Dubawnt Lake that I'd go with them every year to and we usually took a Beaver (a 12 hour trip from our cabin). One year, the starter on the Beaver went out and the pilot had to stand on the floats and hand prop it while I worked the throttle. What a recipe for disaster!

Seeing you're Beaver brings back so many great memories. Although that scheme gives me chills because it is very similar to what the Lands and Forests agents would fly in on us to see if we were up to anything not quite legal, which of course we never were.
                              Well Thank You again Hugh for your praise and your fabulous fishing stories. Obviously, Canadian achievements are fewer and farther between. The Beaver is one of our oldest achievements and has served everyone well for decades. For many people, it made the impossible, possible! I did this scheme before on a Flyzone Beaver. That plane was good, but discontinued. No parts, etc. So, I had to do another rendition of the RCAF version in yellow. They also had a silver and white scheme at one time. Anyway, I think this plane could pull a good sized fish out of the water. I wouldn't attempt such a feat, but it would give a new meaning to the term; "Fly Fishing"....lol...😎

Comment

• Just finished a repaint of the Eflite 1.2m Twin Otter. Went looking for an interesting military version with camo. It turns out that Ecuador operates a Twin Otter In South East Asia camo like the USAF used in Vietnam. Used a combination of latex samples from Home Depot and rattle cans. Used our craft cutter to produce the vinyl markings.

Decided to camo the floats as well, just for fun.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                                  Just finished a repaint of the Eflite 1.2m Twin Otter.
                                  T2, Great repaint, Sir. Lovin' the Camo on a float plane. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Not exactly much painting, but since it's been windy and raining for the last week and a half, finally got around to fixing up the cockpit in my 1700mm FMS P-51. This bird is at least 5-6 years old and I must have almost 100 flights on it, but recently the right cockpit panel came loose about 8 flights ago, maybe from a few dogfights I had with the vultures, but every time I'd go inverted, the panel would come loose and end up sitting on the pilots head by the time I landed. So with a little time to spare, I decided to spruce up the cockpit with a few extra gauges and paint and get rid of the outrageous gatoring of the foam with some silly putty. I think the foam used back then is no where near as good as the current mix. Additionally although FMS did have some decent cockpit detail, the pilot they stuck in the 1700mm birds was the same that came in the 1400mm ones, so he looked like a 12 year old that couldn't even see over the dashboard. I was going to replace him completely, but just decided to set him on a booster seat so he could at least see where he was going. Finished it this morning so it's going out to the field tomorrow along with the Corsair. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200726_173046.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	265520Click image for larger version

Name:	20200726_205634.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	265521Click image for larger version

Name:	20200727_145119.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	265522Click image for larger version

Name:	20200106_133028.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	265523

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman , Quite the stable, Sir, and nice fix on your 'gatoring issue'. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59343.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	266081 My first repaint, FlightLine OV-10A Bronco (CAL FIRE)
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	CE5A13D3-4F2A-4D52-AC21-0556EBBAF374.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	266083Click image for larger version  Name:	EE5AC666-B051-40AD-8CBE-88857015AAF1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	266082

Comment

• Originally posted by Moki38 View Post
                                          ] My first repaint, FlightLine OV-10A Bronco (CAL FIRE)
                                          M3, Great idea and beautiful execution. I also caught James 'shout out to you yesterday on MotionRC Live. What a great show that was. Very nicely done. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X