You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What models would you like to see made in the future ???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What models would you like to see made in the future ???

I have not found any topic like this one here in the forum so I thought I would stir the pot a bit. I hope the moderators and the MotionRC staff would look this topic over and use it as a gimme tool to get a feel for what the community would like to see and be willing to purchase for their next model aircraft. " hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. ;) So let's all have fun and share what is on our own wish lists.

I ask as a courtesy to all and to the moderators that everyone who responds to this topic present their ideas in some kind of identifiable format and try to limit the inclusion of variations of aircraft that are already in production. For example, the FreeWing F-16C Falcon and the F-16 XL Scamp. I will use my wish list as a mere example and hope everyone will come up with something that they themselves would be comfortable with to convey their information in a easy to relate to format.
    { note: when I include two types of aircraft variations in my listing here as identified by the / marks..... I would be content to see one model made from either variant but not both }

EDF model jets:

WWII era:
    Glostor Meteor in twin 70mm

Korean War era:
    F-80 / T-33 Shooting Star in 90mm
    F-84 Thunder Jet in 80mm
    Mig-15 in 80mm

Viet Nam era:
    F-100 Super Saber in 80mm
    F-105 Thunder Chief in 90mm
    B-57 Canberra in twin 64mm or twin 70mm
    Mig-19 in 80mm

Modern era / 4th Gen:
    A-7 Corsair II / F-8 Crusader in 80mm
    Sepecat Jaguar in 80mm or 90mm super scale
    Panavia Tornado in 90mm super scale
    F-111 Aardvark / Raven in 90mm super scale
    Mig-23 Flogger in 80mm or 90mm
    SU-25 Frog foot in 70mm or 80mm
    Mig-25 Fox bat / Mig-31 Fox hound in 90mm

Propeller models:

WWI era:
    Fokker D-8 Razor in 1120mm wingspan

WWII era:
    A-20 Havoc / B-26 Marauder in 1400mm wingspan
    B-24 Liberator in 1400mm or 1500mm wingspan
    B-29 Super Fortress in 1500mm wingspan

There's a whole forum page dedicated just to new product requests:

;)
    Pat

Comment

Not sure this thread is so much a product request as it is a little day dreaming among ourselves. I can play along with that.

In prop planes, I'd like to see some nice sized (1300 to 1500mm) WW I fighters, like a Sopwith Camel and Fokker D VII.

The one prop plane I'd really like to see would be a 1400mm Cessna 337/O-2, which could satisfy both military and GA wants, and I think there is pretty good demand for a nice OV-10 Bronco also.

In EDFs I'd like a nice A-4, F-4, F-106 and Mig-25 all in the 70 to 90mm size range.

I'd also like to see some high quality business jets, like the Learjet 60, Cessna Citation (larger and higher quality than Dynam's), Beechjet Hawker or even the new Honda HA-420.

And, since foam plane design and technology is improving so we can now have some larger planes, how about some 1800+ mm multi engine planes like a C-130, Lockheed Constellation, B-29 or, dare I say it, a B-36.

Edit: Thinking of cool and unique planes that technology may allow in the near future, with flight controllers making it possible to fly about anything, maybe we can even speculate that someday we will be flying big scale foam XB-35 or XB-49 flying wings at the local RC club;-)

After all, we're just dreaming here, right?

Jim
      Last edited by wvrailfan; Sep 30, 2016, 04:16 PM. Reason: After thought

Comment

Hello Jim,
        I too can play along with your thoughts of this being more of a dream thread rather than a product request especially when you speculate about an OV-10 Bronco.
        Over on the RCG thread "Next 1500mm FMS Plane" , I see that you similarly posted.
        I too posted there, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=106 in hopes that some of the newer releases move on from the World War's niche and give the Nam era prop jobs some recognition. I totally would scarf up a foam Bronco and/or O-2.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here's a beautiful model that no one makes....the Lockheed Vega.

Denny

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Yes, and it was so ahead of its time. Flown by a lot of pilots during the Golden Age of Aviation, Amelia Earhart, Howard Hughes, Roscoe Turner just to name a few.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
              In EDFs I'd like a nice A-4, F-4, F-106 and Mig-25 all in the 70 to 90mm size range.
              Couldn't agree more!:cool:

Comment

A younger Elle MacPherson ? 😜
                If your pack's not swellin, you're not gellin ...

Comment

New on this forum, but will make a suggestion here, not so much about a particular model, but a request on consideration of this Great Motion RC company

How about Motion RC, getting together with a manufacturer and creating their OWN LINE of Aircraft ??

That way , they could really consider their own customers needs and desires when they create aircraft parts / etc etc

I know one can not satisfy everyone...but seriously, so many companies continue to re-do model after model
                  and they really get redundant ......and Great companies like Motion get flack because they sell those companies models.

Just a thought, but would be a great reality.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. Check out the FlightLine aircraft. Motion works directly with Freewing to produce these.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

I'm sure I am in the minority here but I would really like to see a FliteLine BF 109g with the Erich Hartmann paint scheme made in the 1100 to 1200mm class. I know it's not new and out of the box so to speak but there isn't any thing out that fits in this category. I have the Dynam 109 and that's as big as prefer. I'm anxious to see what MotionRC comes out with in the FlightLine brand in the future just hoping they don't abandon medium size aircraft.

Comment

Hey Farm, now that you mention it, the tulip petals on the front would look good, but did you know that it got to the point that he let a rookie pilot fly that plane and he'd fly one with stock markings? Seems that the Russians caught on to the fact that an ace many times over flew that plane and would avoid it!
                        Anyway, speaking of Me 109's, I'd love, for once to see a good rendering of a ME109E, in either Adolph Galland or Werner Moelners colors. The Emil doesn't seem to be well represented in foam by anyone.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

I didn't own one but I always thought the old Parkzone 109 was a beautiful airplane. Besides you can't have a Spitfire without a 109 to chase it.

Comment

All of them...
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'd like the current ones to be upgraded so they aren't marginal at 5000'

Comment

There are quite a few aircraft that the model industry has not seen in a mass produced format, or in a scale that is appealing. I would offer these up for speculation..

The XB-70 Valkyrie and the B-1B Lancer would be my bomber choices in the jet age, and the B-52 runs a very close third.

The B-29 would be a beautiful WWII era choice, as well as the Avro Lancaster.

For the fighters, how about an F-106 Delta Dart, an F-105 Thunderchief, an F-4E Phantom II(has to be the E model!!), and of course, what collection could ever be complete with out the A-7 Corsair II??

There are others, the SR-71 Blackbird, the U-2 Dragonlady, and the Bell X-1

Pipe dreams and wishes!! There are so many airplanes out there that have either never been modeled, or made nice or affordable, that you could write a list longer than Santa's!!

Comment

Couldn't have said it better! Would love to see all of those models, especially the F-106 and XB-70, except I would prefer an F-4C/D personally. In Robin Olds colors, with a gun pod, drop tanks, and pylon mounted AIM-9s!

Comment

Hey all! New guy here, just bought my first plane from Motion... a Freewing 70mm yak 130, scheduled for for delivery this Thursday!!! So excited!!!
                                    Anyways... I would Love to see some of the golden age racers come to market, not the geebee but the art Chester goon the Keith rider planes, a caudron c450, Crosby cr4, folkerts sk3 all around 1000mm? Maybe some of the f1 planes too!?!

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Welcome, JZgoon! What battery do you plan on using in your new Yak-130?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                        X