Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What models would you like to see made in the future ???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

I think the technical issues involved in six pusher motors and 4 pod-mounted DFs in one plane are beyond reasonable mass-production capabilities. At least within any reasonable price point...

I would like to enter the third vote for an He-111. You just don't see those very often modeled... oh, and the bigger, the better (2m minimum).
    Typical way to model the B-36 is to turn the props (sometimes just 2 powered with 4 freewheeling) for power and hang the dummy turbine nacelles for looks.

We get far higher power:weight than the full scale with ease.

They tacked on the jet engines for the B-36 when they found out it couldn't carry a full bomb load to desired operational altitude on the power of the props. (and the extremely long takeoff run fully loaded wasn't very practical either)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Typical way to model the B-36 is to turn the props (sometimes just 2 powered with 4 freewheeling) for power and hang the dummy turbine nacelles for looks.

We get far higher power:weight than the full scale with ease.

They tacked on the jet engines for the B-36 when they found out it couldn't carry a full bomb load to desired operational altitude on the power of the props. (and the extremely long takeoff run fully loaded wasn't very practical either)
      Here is another way...
      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I still like the idea of the B-36. It would be quite a site to see at the flying field!

Comment

• How about a C-130? Make it where the rear cargo hatch would open and release some paratroopers or cargo.

Comment

• A friend of mine scratch built a 3700mm (that's 12 feet for us Imperialists) B-36D using just six Suppo 22mm motors, and dummy jet pods. It flies great! I'm sure a 2200mm or so version would not be hard or expensive to do.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              A friend of mine scratch built a 3700mm (that's 12 feet for us Imperialists) B-36D using just six Suppo 22mm motors, and dummy jet pods. It flies great! I'm sure a 2200mm or so version would not be hard or expensive to do.

That would be very cool. At that size, or bigger hint hint, it would be grass friendly too!:)

Comment

• I see a couple of other hungry pilots would love a Cessna 337 Skymaster, a Beech 18D, & the Dornier Do335 Arrow. 1400>1700mm W/S. I'd jump all over any one or all three of these.

Denny
                *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

• Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
                  I see a couple of other hungry pilots would love a Cessna 337 Skymaster, a Beech 18D, & the Dornier Do335 Arrow. 1400>1700mm W/S. I'd jump all over any one or all three of these.

Denny
                  X2 Dornier Do335 Arrow!!!
                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I hope whatever they offer, they will offer a BARE FOAM (no paint or decals applied) version.

Save a little on manufacturing cost and save those of us wanting to custom paint a lot of paint stripping.

Comment

• Please please please can we have a 78 inch wingspan Lockheed constellation? You could use many aspects from the B-24 such as motors ESC‘s to cut costs. I always fill the lucky constellation was one of the most beautiful aircraft ever made I would love to have one made by you boys.

Comment

• Convair 240/340 in USAF trim
                        C-119 Flying Boxcar (Flight of the Phoenix)

Comment

• A larger hellcat.

Comment

• Beechcraft Kingair!

Comment

• I just need a nice 109 around 1600mm. ;)

Comment

• How about The Canadian Avro Arrow that never did go into production past the test stages

Comment

• A largish classic propeller twin would be nice. The Beech 18 has already been mentioned. Along similar lines, what about a Cessna T50 Bobcat; or an Airspeed Oxford; or even an Avro Anson,

On the warbird front - I'd love to see a 1700mm Douglas SBD5 Dauntless with working flaps, dive brakes, retracts, and bomb-drop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauntless View Post
                                    A largish classic propeller twin would be nice. The Beech 18 has already been mentioned. Along similar lines, what about a Cessna T50 Bobcat; or an Airspeed Oxford; or even an Avro Anson,
                                    Along the same lines, a Grumman Goose would also be a fantastic choice.!

Comment

• Airliners, classic and rarely seen: Ford Trimotor.

And the guys who love the deep panel lines in their molds should love it. Its covered in corrugated metal. Its ALL panel lines.

Comment

• Maybe it's my age (79) but along with all the "me-too" prop and EDF warbirds, would like to see more golden age and later civilian aircraft. Examples: Ryan Navion, Ercoupe, Bellanca Cruisair, Fleet Biplane, Red Baron Pizza Super Stearman Biplane.

Comment

• I would like to see something that I didn't have to spend a $100 just to put in one , 1, however you want to word it , battery in to fly !!!!!!!!! Much less think of doing it more than once in the same trip to the field

Bryan
                                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                                          X