X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project... Boredom is a curse... Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=60CgYmNb2a8 I plan to build one of these with power 15 or equivalent motors to run on 4s and be about 60". I plan to give it split rudder and everything. Obviously also a gyro stabilizer as well. Should be fun. Even retracts..

Good luck man, that sounds like an awesome project! Will be keeping my eye on this thread. I always wanted the do the bigger YB-35, but never got around it.

Comment

Absolutely and thanks, I'm starting my parts sourcing now. :)

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Comment

Right on unique is the answer here good luck please share your progress !!

Comment

Absolutely, I'm stoked

Comment

I'm thinking about using the 12x8 props from the upgraded power system of the FL P38

Comment

I wish you every success with it. I've flown several flying wings and they fly very well, certainly the ones I've flown have.

Martin.

Comment

Absolutely, I've got one that I love flying. I just want one on retracts and actually lived in history. :)

Comment

I love flying wings! Jack Northrop really had a thing for them too. ;) Glad he was able to see plans of the B-2 Spirit before he passed.

Good luck on the build!
                    Pat

Comment

Much agreed and thanks!

Comment

Well a slight change in my power system plans, I'm going to go with the complete high performance system made for the flight line p38. I figure if the work is done why mess with something that works.

Comment

Got my 3 views and all the full scale plane data, now it begins

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

I've been working (slowly) on a Horton 229 for some time. Other than the twin jets there is an amazing similarity. Hmmmm, I wonder how that happened. The Germans might have been real B******s, but they sure knew how to design planes. I hope this thing will fly, even with a gyro. I'm sure it will be a hand full with no verticle stab. Good luck with your project! Doc

Comment

Same to you my friend, crap if we weren't across the state of Texas from each other it would be an awesome formation flight!

Comment

Yeah... talk about fun! Researching and trading ideas on getting a couple of flying wings in the air! I'm working on an A-10. Just realized the A-10 EDF's and nacells might be perfect to build a Horton 229 around. I just read that the stealth bomber design wasn't even started until the Horton brothers' designs and experiments were studied extensively. Really interesting stuff! Doc

Comment

Oh I know, those brothers were top of their game. And I was thinking that the a10 necells would lend itself perfectly to the Horton design as well. Man as mater of fact I can completely see them locked in.

Comment

Just a matter of building around them while keeping it, at least close to scale.:Confused:Doc

Comment

Indeed. Always a kink in the line somewhere..
                                        I guess that's part of the fun.... And flusteration

Comment

Working...
                                        X