X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
    I would love to see a V2 of the Flight Line F4U-1A/D Corsair The only thing missing is the Folding wings I would buy one in a heart beat. I have spent the last two weeks of Sub Zero weather here in the Black Hills of South Dakota Scaling out the Bird Cage version Not quite done yet. Our weather is looking up. By the end of next week I should be ready to test fly the Corsair. I can't wait Please a V2 Corsair with Folding Wings
    You aren't the only one Wildman that would be all over a Corsair with folding wings but I'm not gonna hold my breath because the cost for those types of features just skyrockets the final product price.
    The Banana still sells (when they keep it in stock LOL) the folding wing Corsair ( LX/BlitzRCWorks F4U Corsair) which is normally $500 and that is for a 1200mm sized airframe.
    I can imagine that a FL 1600 Corsair would have to be in the $600 range and that just creeps into the out of range pricing for the majority.
    I can remember when 1450 sized aircraft at $300 was hard to swallow but as the bar was raised by Flight Line to the 1600 sized $400+ warbirds, that became the new pill to swallow.
    When does the pill size start to choke the modeler out
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm really jonseing for a nicely done Italian fighter. Would love a Macchi MC.202 or .205, or a Fiat G.55. I doubt that we'll ever see any of them in foam, but if one were released, I'd be slinging elbows to get to the front of the line to get one.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You aren't the only one Wildman that would be all over a Corsair with folding wings but I'm not gonna hold my breath because the cost for those types of features just skyrockets the final product price.
        The Banana still sells (when they keep it in stock LOL) the folding wing Corsair ( LX/BlitzRCWorks F4U Corsair) which is normally $500 and that is for a 1200mm sized airframe.
        I can imagine that a FL 1600 Corsair would have to be in the $600 range and that just creeps into the out of range pricing for the majority.
        I can remember when 1450 sized aircraft at $300 was hard to swallow but as the bar was raised by Flight Line to the 1600 sized $400+ warbirds, that became the new pill to swallow.
        When does the pill size start to choke the modeler out
        I'd love to see Alpha design a Folding wing Corsair! I'd absolutely, positively purchase one or two. That is my favorite airplane of all warbirds. Motion RC, if you build it they will come! Eventually, they will break down and purchase it. It's like a Rock Star drink in the vending machine. Even though, they know it's $1.38 at the store. If a person wants one, they will spend $3.00 to get a cold one out of the vending machine. In time, everyone will get what they want. Just an example of how people work.

Comment

• We all need to let this sink in (The one from the other man. sells it if you can get one! they always run out of Stock) Look at Free Wings F-14 Tom Cat With the Swing wings, I believe that is one of their best selling EDF's The way I look at it ( it's only a few more Dollars LOL!!! just don't tell the old Lady

Comment

We all need to let this sink in (The one from the other man. sells it if you can get one! they always run out of Stock) Look at Free Wings F-14 Tom Cat With the Swing wings, I believe that is one of their best selling EDF's The way I look at it ( it's only a few more Dollars LOL!!! just don't tell the old Lady
            Tell her WHAT............. that ya are spending lots of moolah on models or ya called her old
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by hirth90 View Post
              Hi Alpha How about a 90mm EDF version of the SAB Avio, M169 Havok

Who wouldn't want that in their hangar
              Not me, I've seen ugly before but that thing is beyond that.........

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Not me, I've seen ugly before but that thing is beyond that.........
                OK, it is pretty funny looking, but out of curiosity I looked up the plane, and found a video of some amazing flying:

SAB Avio ANTARCTICA M169 HAVOK / K175 DRAKE RC turbine 3D VECTORED THRUST JETSThe sensational new vectored thrust jets from SAB displayed at Weston Park Inte...

Comment

• It's been a while, so what is next Alpha? I'd love to give you guys some money for the next great plane.

​​​​​​

Comment

• I am still waiting to here they are working on a 2.1 m B-17 or larger Come on Man bring it on LOL!!!!

Comment

• Where's my twin 80mm Su-57 with full flying vertical stabs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                        Where's my twin 80mm Su-57 with full flying vertical stabs?

Complete with aero-braking function, I presume?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I am still waiting to here they are working on a 2.1 m B-17 or larger Come on Man bring it on LOL!!!!
                          I’m still hoping for a 2.4m+ B-29. A Lancaster or Mosquito would also be great to see.

Comment

• A shiny new toy has been announced in the General Aviation forum:
                            https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...cussion-thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
                              A shiny new toy has been announced in the General Aviation forum:
                              https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...cussion-thread
                              Looks like a nice plane, and am looking forward to seeing it on the lake with floats.

Now, THIS is a Bison Click image for larger version

Name:	bison-Miasshchev-M-4-nuclear-soviet.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	305530

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Sence a bit of sarcasme there alpha... hopeing things r good we all looking 4 a new motian product.. if we buy it or not, it keeps us all thinking motian.. good 4 u guys .... back to the thread a6 m zero.. e flights 190, p51 vids r week as water.. motian can do better than that

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

As long as it had working LEVCONs and full flying stabs (horizontal and vertical) I think I'd be happy!
                                  (And TV nozzles of course, even if they are separately available)

The 57 doesn't have a dedicated airbrake after all (uses the conventional surfaces for that), so that should make it easier!
                                  The jet has drag-chutes though, but I think we could leave that for the mod crew...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Su57.png Views:	0 Size:	733.1 KB ID:	305601
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20934751_10155787961416564_9003271722823259843_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=BNkkP2528roAX9ZNvLh&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&oh=d0b66fed223d1a301bf6bebb60543728&oe=6081C85C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	305602
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	9630683966_f96dca4af0_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	305603
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	9627453023_7a05ea9eed_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	305604
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	9630683850_b964e98c3b_b.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	305605

She's such a beauty sitting like that with all those huge control surfaces deflected...

And now that Freewing has twist and turn retracts for 80mm sized birds... gotta put them to good use!

Comment

• At the very end of the live show today, Alpha wrote “Gustav :)”. My guess is Gustav Rödel and his -109

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                                      At the very end of the live show today, Alpha wrote “Gustav :)”. My guess is Gustav Rödel and his -109
                                      Ohhhh don't tease me....
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	11ggsv.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	305924

Comment

• Bf-109 would make sense, to be fair.

Comment

• B-17 FLYING FORTRESS. 3 meters

ALPHA nothing is out there.The ones currently flying
                                          are cheaply made. I've been looking for the last 3 years. I own 2 of the 80mm FMS A10 and the quality you guys hit it out of the ball park awesome plane. If
                                          you guys make a B-17 like you did with the 80mm A10 you will OWN the market. Their is a great deal of interest out there for a good quality B-17. Bombay doors that open, turrets that turn, props that you can replace one blade, nice sturdy landing gear, good powerful electric motors, lights that will light it up like a Christmas tree. Can you imagine the upgrades people are going to do if this existed. Come on guys show your interest. If the cost is an issue. Make a good quality shell than offer the upgrades so they can be added on later for completions. B-17 FLYING FORTRESS lets go guys let Alpha know

Comment

Working...
                                          X