Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of the navy single eng. fighters or bombers , Japanese fighters, Togo, Raiden, George I would be interested in purchasing. Hopefully they will give us a X-MAS suprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
      Lota people waitin on a zero( my corsair for one) but if you watch the regular show ,,, james said they wont make one.... mmm. Long memory i think... so for a single prop fighter.. a p47 not in the fms livery.. yuk or p51 lota nice liveries to choose with either of those.. i do like a hellcat,, but not sure if it would sell enuf.. gota make financial sencehf18:
      L
      Oz, I am so ready for a foamie 1600mm Zero fighter.

Obviously, I don't where the BEP is or how quickly that needs to happen for MotionRC to consider a model successful, so it's moot what I think.

I have looked long and hard at the NEXA version and it is nice at 1580mm, so it doesn't take an MBA to figure why Motion won't do a foamie version.

I am considering going with a NEXA, but once I commit I figure FlightLine will release one anyway.

Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Oz, I am so ready for a foamie 1600mm Zero fighter.

Obviously, I don't where the BEP is or how quickly that needs to happen for MotionRC to consider a model successful, so it's moot what I think.

I have looked long and hard at the NEXA version and it is nice at 1580mm, so it doesn't take an MBA to figure why Motion won't do a foamie version.

I am considering going with a NEXA, but once I commit I figure FlightLine will release one anyway.

Best, LB
        Elbee he said (they) wont do one,, sounds like they asked.. moot point again... not to be contriversial wrong spelling again im sure,, ive been lucky enuf to buy 4 new planes this year(hanger growing) the 1400 pitts was sooo close to being a 1400 fms zero.. but same 4 me ,, i thought sure unuf then they will do one.. but thats earlyi this year.. and its an old model . Nothing woul b as scale as fwing havent done a balsa since the 80s so only time will tell b safe lb

Comment

• f4u ausie,

I checked the MotionRC website and most, if not all, Nexa Warbirds in 1580mm are sold out.

I think I knew that, but I've slept since I last looked at the Nexa products.

I requested "notify me when back in stock", so time will tell.

Besides, I have an F-14a to build, that B-25 project calling my name, weathering on my Corsair, plus wiring of all the extra lights to an aux battery.

So it's not like I have nothing to do.

Though it is good to plan ahead, right?!

Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Still hoping for a new 1.6m Mosquito and 2.0m B-17.

Comment

• Still Looking for a 1600mm BF 109 or FW 190. The Spitty needs an adversary and the EFlight FW 190 is a clown show.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman Best, Steve
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hugh, I'll second those two 1600s and get a bit more specific. Fliteline on both. Great scale fidelity. Bf-109F or G. Fw-190D9, 11, 13, any! It seems like they've been done over and over, but that's not really true. Not in foam and not in any accurate scale. The D9 especially has not been done in this size and was considered by many to have been the best fighter of the war. Yeager for one. Hyperion did a decent wood ARF back a few years, but the scheme was off as was the fidelity to scale. Also, get the undercarriage​ right on the money. Get the props right. These are prominent features on both. Too many companies spent so much time running sales numbers, they forget about scale accuracy. And, they won't sell too many models if that isn't right.

Oh, I mentioned scale props. I know manufacturers want to keep costs down. But... There is a real need to at least put out an option for higher pitch on any scale prop. Us high altitude guys would appreciate it! 😉
                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                    Hugh, I'll second those two 1600s and get a bit more specific. Fliteline on both. Great scale fidelity. Bf-109F or G. Fw-190D9, 11, 13, any! It seems like they've been done over and over, but that's not really true. Not in foam and not in any accurate scale. The D9 especially has not been done in this size and was considered by many to have been the best fighter of the war. Yeager for one. Hyperion did a decent wood ARF back a few years, but the scheme was off as was the fidelity to scale. Also, get the undercarriage​ right on the money. Get the props right. These are prominent features on both. Too many companies spent so much time running sales numbers, they forget about scale accuracy. And, they won't sell too many models if that isn't right.

Oh, I mentioned scale props. I know manufacturers want to keep costs down. But... There is a real need to at least put out an option for higher pitch on any scale prop. Us high altitude guys would appreciate it! 😉
                    Aces High actually made a nice wood 65" wingspan FW-190 "Red Tulip" that was sold here in the US by Extreme Flight. I bought one of the last they had (guess their warbirds didn't sell well since they specialize in 3D planes). It flies incredibly stable and I added a ton of weight with the Model Sound system with 2 3" heavy speakers, one under the cowl and the other underside mid-fuselage, which are much louder than the transducer speakers for foam. I get almost 10 minutes on an SMC HiV 5900 pack. Problem is there are no spare parts and the landing gear and wheels are quite funky. I was able to finally find the correct 3 blade black spinner with the white swirls on it somewhere in the Netherlands and just put in on. It was the last in the world. The right 3 blade 15X7 wood props (although also uses a 2 blade) were also nowhere available in the US, so I got ahold of my contact in China with Xoar and she made and shipped me 4 3-blade wood props painted matt black. The 3 blade 15X7 Master Airscrews were unusable for this. Got a German warbirdspilots.com pilot 1/10 scale with moving head, but couldn't quite fit it in the cockpit (although it does fit in the Eflight FW190, or so they claim), so that's sitting around waiting for a ride.

Still would like a 1600mm BF-109/FW 190 in foam I could crash around with that has parts available and I could put the lighter sound system in. This current one is only one of my usual stupid moves away from never flying again, like a porcelain doll. Without spare parts available for me, it's a short flying season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220601_114924.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	390974 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220708_224705.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	390975

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                      The D9 especially has not been done in this size and was considered by many to have been the best fighter of the war. Yeager for one.
                      I'd trust the pilot who flew more WW2 aircraft of all nationalities than any other, Eric "Winkle" Brown. He flew more aircraft types, 487, than any other person in history, and was the only allied pilot to fly an Me163 under rocket power.

According to Brown, who should have known, "there was not a whisker between” the Spitfire Mk. XIV, Fw-190D and P-51D. Next came the Grumman F6F Hellcat, then the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero and Nakajima Ki.84 Frank. He deemed the Zero probably the best fighter in the world for the first three years of the war, although its lightweight agility was gained through a frightening indifference to pilot survival. He considered the Messerschmitt Me-109G inferior to the Spitfire Mk. IX and the P-51C, but added that pilot quality would always win out.

The P-57 Thunderbolt Brown judged as good for ground attack, the P-38 Lightning best suited to reconnaissance. Conceding that the P-38 had succeeded as a fighter in the Pacific, he explained that he felt this was partly attributable to the poor quality of Japanese pilots by that late stage of the war.

Brown entered the jet age in the summer of 1944, flying a Gloster Meteor. He found its tremendous speed and perfect visibility a revelation, although its poor takeoff performance made it unsuitable for carrier operations. A Bell P-59 Airacomet, acquired by Farnborough in exchange for a Meteor, he considered “a terribly ponderous aeroplane,” before deciding that the de Havilland Spider Crab, later Vampire, seemed the best of the lot. Brown would score a historic first with a Vampire, making the first-ever landing on a carrier of a pure jet aircraft on HMS Ocean on December 3, 1945. However, the type never entered naval service due to inadequate fuel capacity and poor engine pickup.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                        According to Brown, who should have known, "there was not a whisker between” the Spitfire Mk. XIV, Fw-190D and P-51D.
                        So, again, the D9 was a great aircraft. And, I'd still like to see a great scale model of it done because there hasn't been one.

Comment

• I wouldn't say any plane that is made in the 1600ish size would sell, but this is a size I wish there were more to offer. 1600mm warbirds are such great planes, they hold my interest as much as EDFs.
                          Also, something to consider is for example the Spitfire I own and fly the 1600 and the 1200. If there were a Dora in both sizes I would fly both. Or a BF109, a Zero, a Hellcat, a Bearcat, a Dauntless, a big TA152. All of those, I would own and fly both sizes. I often will fly 1200s and 1600s in the same flying session.
                          The Eflite Fw190 looks good, has some decent rc plane attributes, but is underpowered. The paint scheme is not great but easy to fix. The wingtip system is OK but I often just take the wing off if I'm traveling loaded up and need space. So easy wing removal is key. BTW, it looks like the P51 is discontinued. A shame, it's a better plane than the FW. Harder to land without a ground loop but it's made me a better pilot.

All in all, more 1600s please! A Dora please!

And a Hawkeye! The Hawkeye first!!!

Comment

• The P-51 may come back with changes, it’s how HH does things.

Comment

• Virtue = C17

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                The P-51 may come back with changes, it’s how HH does things.
                                In that case flightine, motion need to get there aaarrrse !!! Into gear,, release a qaulity 1600 b4 the hh re release of the 1500 p51 zeek still ok byme but cant c that unless freewing changes its mind

Comment

• If it's gotta be another 51 then at the very least do a B model. Or, if they HAVE to have those D model sales, maybe do a turtle-deck "click-on" kinda like the A-4 hump. They could sell it as two planes in one. Do it all in aluminum and you have to add the decals. That way the color choices would be endless. Get the exit ramp correct as well as the forward retracting tail wheel. Heck, another P-51 better have everything exactly right!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	317085478_519751420194990_5318458049573603958_n.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	392072
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	317085478_519751420194990_5318458049573603958_n.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	392075
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Version 2 Lippisch, like how they did the Panther. Redesign for the 4S 64mm 12 blade EDF.

Comment

• I am wondering what the next 80mm twin will be? I was hoping a big twin F-22.

Comment

Working...
                                          X