Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about putting new wheels with brakes when I get my F4. Does anyone know the size of the main wheels & axels ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FB111A View Post
      Thinking about putting new wheels with brakes when I get my F4. Does anyone know the size of the main wheels & axels ?
      :Sleeping: Yes, we do.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, a couple questions about the weathering paint usage you discussed last month in this posting. The Ammo brand paints you used for top main color shading, are you saying you cut each of them with 10% white (made them lighter), thus using the stock paint as the darker colors? If so, what brand white did you use (i.e., did you get Ammo white of some sort, or is another brand compatible for mixing)? And are you saying you then went over them again with full-strength (no white) to blend this? And this was all on top of the panel line "grime" treatments?

Other than the three photos in the above referenced posting, are there any other photos of that plane?

Modelers in the US should be aware that if they order the Mig Jiminez Ammo brand paints (they are in Spain), they may be required by the EPA via the shipper (FedEx, in my case) to fill out a Toxic Substance Control Act Certification form. The catch here is the form requires info only the producer is equipped to answer about, but the regulation requires the consignee (YOU) to fill out the form, OR to also submit a document (not an email) stating that you authorize the producer to fill out the form on your behalf. The good news is that the Ammo people have the form and know how to fill it out, so at least that part's not too bad. Government bureaucracy... :Angry:

Comment

• Modelers in the US should be aware that if they order the Mig Jiminez Ammo brand paints (they are in Spain), they may be required by the EPA via the shipper (FedEx, in my case) to fill out a Toxic Substance Control Act Certification form. The catch here is the form requires info only the producer is equipped to answer about, but the regulation requires the consignee (YOU) to fill out the form, OR to also submit a document (not an email) stating that you authorize the producer to fill out the form on your behalf. The good news is that the Ammo people have the form and know how to fill it out, so at least that part's not too bad. Government bureaucracy... :Angry:[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, I get the Ammo paint from Sprue Brothers or Mega Hobby and have had no issues with paperwork. Also, isn't it strange they make you do that since the paint is water based?? Go figure!!! Hope this was helpful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Just FYI, I get the Ammo paint from Sprue Brothers or Mega Hobby and have had no issues with paperwork. Also, isn't it strange they make you do that since the paint is water based?? Go figure!!! Hope this was helpful!
            Ack, you mean I went through all that for nothing? :Angry: Don't know how when I went looking for that paint that I didn't find a domestic supplier.

Well, not for nothing: Sprue Brothers - Out of Stock. Mega Hobby - Out of Stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post

:Sleeping: Yes, we do.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Thank You PikeStaff

Comment

• You certainly are welcome, Aardvark brother! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  The wing spar in the F-4 is also the same as used on the 1600 FL Spitty.
                  I'm looking for a spar of about this size for a project.
                  Would someone please tell me what the OD and length is in millimeters.
                  ANYONE ????
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

ANYONE ????
                    OD of the bigger one is 10 mm length 400
                    OD of the the smaller one 8 mm, length 350 mm
                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Regarding the Ammo Paints, the underside color was dead on, the lighter green is acceptably close, I had to add a lot of "mahogany" to get the tan anywhere close, and the dark green isn't close at all. I ordered two through Mega Hobby, and apparantly got the last one, as one is now backordered.

Funny story, Paypal flagged and held my payment for 2 days due to "government regulations" , apparently they thought I was buying ammunition for a Mig.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

OD of the bigger one is 10 mm length 400
                        OD of the the smaller one 8 mm, length 350 mm
                        Thanx Bill :)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Ack, you mean I went through all that for nothing? :Angry: Don't know how when I went looking for that paint that I didn't find a domestic supplier.

Well, not for nothing: Sprue Brothers - Out of Stock. Mega Hobby - Out of Stock.
                          Rick, still good to know what you have experienced.

Comment

• Latest progress on the chute mod. After molding the tail cone with silicone and laying up fiber glass in each half I started whittling away at the foam trying to figure out how I planned to do this as I went. I ended up fiberglassing the two halves I made together and formed an Estes BT-55 body tube into a 2" long rectangular box to fit inside the tail cone. I did cut off the FG tube that helps secure the tail section to the fuse and will use it to anchor the chute cord. Also relocated the rear hard point. The pictures kinda speak for themselves. Next, I will add a hinge to the bottom of the hatch and think further on how to latch it. I have some ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180326_075136.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	125355

Name:	IMG_20180326_125713.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	125356

Name:	IMG_20180326_130854.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	125357

Name:	IMG_20180326_182304.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	125358
                            ​​​​​​

Name:	IMG_20180326_182631.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	125359

Name:	IMG_20180326_204512.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	125360

Name:	IMG_20180326_211310.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	125361

Name:	IMG_20180326_212937.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	125362

Name:	IMG_20180326_213048.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	125363

Comment

• That's awesome Steve! Can't wait to see it done and in action.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                Successful maiden and second flight today! Maiden was done with the full load out, and the second was done with just the Sparrows attached. I am extremely pleased with the JF90 and HET 700-68-1680 setup on 8S. I get a solid 3 minutes with lots of full throttle, and 22-25% left in the packs afterwards. Without the ordnance on she's pretty fast with excellent vertical performance.

To finish this model off, I did the panel lines with charcoal pencil and a hard bristle brush to blend them, added some dirty wash underneath, and sealed with Testors Dullcote. I used most of the decals from the kit, but ordered the set of Col. Olds' SCAT XXVII from Callie. Her decals came out perfect!

Didn't get to use flaps today as we had a pretty stiff breeze down the runway. Also no video as I had nobody on hand to run the camera. So you'll just have to settle for still pics on the ground for now.
                                Hey Crxmanpat What did you use to make your panel lines on your phantam look black?

Comment

• Looks awesome Steve. Hope she’s ready by Joe Nall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Hey Crxmanpat What did you use to make your panel lines on your phantam look black?
                                    First I take a charcoal artist pencil and sharpen the tip, then draw in the lines. Then I take a small hard bristle blending paintbrush to soften up the lines and even out the charcoal. Finally I spray the model with a coat of Testers Dullcote. The Dullcote helps seal the weathering, and also knocks the shine off the decals. I use so much of it that I bought a 12-pack off Amazon.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                      Looks awesome Steve. Hope she’s ready by Joe Nall.
                                      Hey Anthony, should be ready by then. Things will go quickly once I get the cockpit and drag chute sorted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                        Looks awesome Steve. Hope she’s ready by Joe Nall.
                                        Hey Sky Wolf are you coming to Joe Nall this year as well? Looking forward to meet you if so. Following your comments on Squawk. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          First I take a charcoal artist pencil and sharpen the tip, then draw in the lines. Then I take a small hard bristle blending paintbrush to soften up the lines and even out the charcoal. Finally I spray the model with a coat of Testers Dullcote. The Dullcote helps seal the weathering, and also knocks the shine off the decals. I use so much of it that I bought a 12-pack off Amazon.
                                          Thx Crxmanpat you guys really know how to scale these Freewing EDF!! LOL:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X