X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looks fantastic Evan! Love the Blue Angels. Welcome to HobbySquawk by the way neighbor.
    You guys should get together and do a BA tribute formation flight. Your A-4 and Evan's F-4 . How cool would that be ?
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Need a Bearcat and F-18 and... (forgot what else they used)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
        Ready to maiden this weekend.
        Semper Fi!
        Awesome!!

Comment

• I don't post much,however, just thought I'd share this, being a Vietnam Vet, Air Force, 90% of our aircraft at that time were Camo, Grey, White , Grey and White or bare Metal for the proper reasons. The Navy and Marines always had the best looking aircraft at that time. I received this order from MOTIONRC a couple weeks ago, unboxed it and discarded the box. So I had the pieces laying around it my man cave for several days, I wasn't going to assemble it until the the 3D printer parts became available. The wife comes in several times and looks at the parts each time, and says " that camo is ugly!" . I was going to do an Air force livery from Clark AFB that my brother worked on, saving that now for the 8s version. Choose this Navy version to do instead, which is not so ugly, no more complaints from the wife! Much Thanks to MOTIONRC and FREEWING for producing another fine model, and to Callie Graphics for the exceptional custom graphics on many of my models. MOTIONRC, how about a 90mm F-100, F-101, F-102 :)

Comment

• I am so impressed with everyone's custom paint and liveries. Well done gents!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwatson217 View Post
              I don't post much,however, just thought I'd share this, being a Vietnam Vet, Air Force, 90% of our aircraft at that time were Camo, Grey, White , Grey and White or bare Metal for the proper reasons. The Navy and Marines always had the best looking aircraft at that time. I received this order from MOTIONRC a couple weeks ago, unboxed it and discarded the box. So I had the pieces laying around it my man cave for several days, I wasn't going to assemble it until the the 3D printer parts became available. The wife comes in several times and looks at the parts each time, and says " that camo is ugly!" . I was going to do an Air force livery from Clark AFB that my brother worked on, saving that now for the 8s version. Choose this Navy version to do instead, which is not so ugly, no more complaints from the wife! Much Thanks to MOTIONRC and FREEWING for producing another fine model, and to Callie Graphics for the exceptional custom graphics on many of my models.
              Thank you for your service to our country!

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Pics of my repaint, thanks to Callie for the graphics.
                Wait a minute! Only TWO posts?!!!!

...rookie.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_222605.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	135233Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_222535.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	135232
                  Making progress and I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. Awesome work by Callie Graphics. (As usual.) Tried a new weathering technique tonight that I'm pretty happy with although it still needs some refinement. Am using a very diluted mixture of acrylic Burnt Umber and Black. Just brushing it on and wiping it off in the direction of the airflow. It's a Semi-Gloss finish on the plane so most of it wipes off easily. I'm not sure if it would work as well on a Flat finished subject. Hoping to have it completed by Sunday, or at the very least, flyable. The weathering effect never shows in photographs but it's slightly more pronounced IRL. I try to avoid the over-done look.

Comment

I don't post much,however, just thought I'd share this, being a Vietnam Vet, Air Force, 90% of our aircraft at that time were Camo, Grey, White , Grey and White or bare Metal for the proper reasons. The Navy and Marines always had the best looking aircraft at that time. I received this order from MOTIONRC a couple weeks ago, unboxed it and discarded the box. So I had the pieces laying around it my man cave for several days, I wasn't going to assemble it until the the 3D printer parts became available. The wife comes in several times and looks at the parts each time, and says " that camo is ugly!" . I was going to do an Air force livery from Clark AFB that my brother worked on, saving that now for the 8s version. Choose this Navy version to do instead, which is not so ugly, no more complaints from the wife! Much Thanks to MOTIONRC and FREEWING for producing another fine model, and to Callie Graphics for the exceptional custom graphics on many of my models. MOTIONRC, how about a 90mm F-100, F-101, F-102 :)
                    I hope this never sounds redundant but thank you for your service first and foremost. It's such an honor to have so many Squawkers actual current serving and military veterans. I am truly humbled to be a part of this community even though I never served.

As a fellow RC enthusiast who loves to repaint my planes, I am totally flabbergasted by the widespread talent and awesome liveries I've seen in this thread. Some amazing work for sure!

I still can't get over how gentle and "*****cat-ish" this model is. At this size? A Phantom?? Never would have thought it possible just a few years ago. Warms my heart to see all these fine repaints, paying homage to the real deals.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      Need a Bearcat and F-18 and... (forgot what else they used)
                      The Grumman F-11F !!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Making progress and I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. Awesome work by Callie Graphics. (As usual.) Tried a new weathering technique tonight that I'm pretty happy with although it still needs some refinement. Am using a very diluted mixture of acrylic Burnt Umber and Black. Just brushing it on and wiping it off in the direction of the airflow. It's a Semi-Gloss finish on the plane so most of it wipes off easily. I'm not sure if it would work as well on a Flat finished subject. Hoping to have it completed by Sunday, or at the very least, flyable. The weathering effect never shows in photographs but it's slightly more pronounced IRL. I try to avoid the over-done look.
                        Love it! Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Looks fantastic! Very nice livery.

Comment

• It's awesome seeing all of these models come together! For those of you who have used our graphics, I'd love to post pics of your planes on our product pages! Feel free to send pics you'd like posted to me at info@callie-graphics.com

Comment

The wife comes in several times and looks at the parts each time, and says " that camo is ugly!". I was going to do an Airforce livery from Clark AFB that my brother worked on, saving that now for the 8s version. Choose this Navy version to do instead, which is not so ugly, no more complaints from the wife! )
                              Mwatson217, Your F-4 is outstanding. Really like the CAG color scheme. Planning one myself. My Phantom is still in its brown box and 'she who's authority exceeds my rank' has said: "Why is this box not open?" She never met an unopened box she could not conquer. Bravo Zulu, sir. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I don't post much,however, just thought I'd share this, being a Vietnam Vet, Air Force, 90% of our aircraft at that time were Camo, Grey, White , Grey and White or bare Metal for the proper reasons. The Navy and Marines always had the best looking aircraft at that time. I received this order from MOTIONRC a couple weeks ago, unboxed it and discarded the box. So I had the pieces laying around it my man cave for several days, I wasn't going to assemble it until the the 3D printer parts became available. The wife comes in several times and looks at the parts each time, and says " that camo is ugly!" . I was going to do an Air force livery from Clark AFB that my brother worked on, saving that now for the 8s version. Choose this Navy version to do instead, which is not so ugly, no more complaints from the wife! Much Thanks to MOTIONRC and FREEWING for producing another fine model, and to Callie Graphics for the exceptional custom graphics on many of my models. MOTIONRC, how about a 90mm F-100, F-101, F-102 :)
                                Exquisitely done sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
                                  Ready to maiden this weekend.
                                  The white accents really set that off. Looks soooo good!

Comment

• Paul Helms (Helmsman52) where is that Sundowner??? Too busy making drag chutes to finish your own bird? LOL

Comment

• Ground attack weapons set anyone? With some AGMs and GBUs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                        Ground attack weapons set anyone? With some AGMs and GBUs.
                                        If you have a 3D printer, here are some:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	135312Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	135310Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	135311 Will be picking her up tomorrow WOW! Over the top check out the panel lines and weathered.

Comment

Working...
                                          X