Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, that didn't end well. Apparently I stalled her and she did a death spiral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
      Welp, that didn't end well. Apparently I stalled her and she did a death spiral.
      :(:Straight-Face::Scared::Not-Talking: So sorry Bro....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

:(:Straight-Face::Scared::Not-Talking: So sorry Bro....
        Thanks Bro!
        I've come to the realization that I have issues with full moving elevator planes. I have problems with my Freewing F-15, my HSD F-16 and now the Freewing F-4. What do they all have in common? Full rotating stab. I fly the snot out of my Stinger, my Freewing A-10, my Freewing Avanti, my HSD 105mm Super Viper.
        I'm thinking I'm going to have to fly full rotating planes on low rates until I can calibrate my thumb(s).

Comment

• Flash Jorden, I feel for ya.SO SAD

Comment

• Goose it looks great!! I’m in the early stages of my Sundowners by starting the mottling effect. My first time trying this effect.
            Oh my F-4 drag chute came today but I don’t think it’s gonna fit! :Silly:LOL
            Click image for larger version

Name:	69FB4E5E-B9C4-4514-A7E6-BB7BB7B10EC9.jpeg
Views:	463
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	135346Click image for larger version

Name:	BBDBAAC4-EB37-43A5-8969-831E65B65E4D.jpeg
Views:	562
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	135345Click image for larger version

Name:	32003413-CC95-453D-AA76-8150CE5E2649.jpeg
Views:	528
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	135347

Comment

• Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	135312Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	135310Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	135311 Will be picking her up tomorrow WOW! Over the top check out the panel lines and weathered.
              Awesome! Go Navy!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Helmsman52;n135344]Goose it looks great!! I’m in the early stages of my Sundowners by starting the mottling effect. My first time trying this effect.
                Oh my F-4 drag chute came today but I don’t think it’s gonna fit! :Silly:LOL

Thank you please keep me updated on your airbrushing I really dig your mottling effect.looking forward to seeing your version. Goose:Cool::f4phantom

Comment

• So, i picked up the 90mm F16 afterburner ring and while testing it outside the airframe all I am seeing is a deep red on the LEDs, any idea what Is wrong here, I simply Y'd it into throttle channel

Comment

Thanks Bro!
                    I've come to the realization that I have issues with full moving elevator planes. I have problems with my Freewing F-15, my HSD F-16 and now the Freewing F-4. What do they all have in common? Full rotating stab. I fly the snot out of my Stinger, my Freewing A-10, my Freewing Avanti, my HSD 105mm Super Viper.
                    I'm thinking I'm going to have to fly full rotating planes on low rates until I can calibrate my thumb(s).
                    Yes, the "flying stabilizers" can be unexpectedly effective.

But also the fighters have higher wing loading than the sport (not scale models) EDFs and thus you might be trying to make the heavy birds perform like the lighter loaded ones. A heavy airplane needs more speed and larger radius turns.

A-10 is a bit of a special case because the wing shape makes it more forgiving in a stall.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                      So, i picked up the 90mm F16 afterburner ring and while testing it outside the airframe all I am seeing is a deep red on the LEDs, any idea what Is wrong here, I simply Y'd it into throttle channel
                      That's pretty much what I remember mine doing. What are you powering it with and what were you expecting it to do?

Comment

• there is only a single lead coming from it, so I assume its getting power and control from there, I was expecting it to be more of an orange hue, like is demonstrated here

Comment

• Are you guys using the flap to elevator mix settings as called out in the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneDoc View Post
                            Are you guys using the flap to elevator mix settings as called out in the manual?
                            I did, ended up needing a little more because I fly mine a little nose heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneDoc View Post
                              Are you guys using the flap to elevator mix settings as called out in the manual?
                              absolutely

Comment

• goosekiller1 - That looks fantastic! I am normally not a big fan of pronounced panel lines but it really works on that livery. Beauty!

Flash Jorden - Ah man, that sucks. Sorry to see that! Looks totally repairable though, yes?

PlaneDoc - I added a bit more elevator trim than the manual called for and it is locked in.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• If it's the AB ring for the FW F-16, It's a single color(red) ring. The "Cyclone" brand , is the 3 color ring(blue-orange-red) and JetMang's "Centerburner" is an orange/red color, just changes in intensity.

Comment

• Very sorry to see that, Flash....seeing how I have yet to maiden mine:Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Flash Jorden - Ah man, that sucks. Sorry to see that! Looks totally repairable though, yes?
                                      She's already fixed and ready to fly again, but only because I had a spare fuse and wing set on hand because of my failed first maiden attempt.

Comment

She's already fixed and ready to fly again, but only because I had a spare fuse and wing set on hand because of my failed first maiden attempt.
                                        Awesome! Way to stick with it. Just remember to carry a little more throttle.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Awesome! Way to stick with it. Just remember to carry a little more throttle.:Cool:
                                          Oh yeah most definitely! I let myself get discombobulated because of my proximity to the pits. Was still trying to feel her out after the maiden flight, overshot a turn at the end of the runway and was about to fly too close to the pit area. Reduced speed too much, while turning, and the rest was history.

Comment

Working...
                                          X