Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the files Steve, and your work to get these mods done. Printing now!
    Pat

Comment

Good deal Pat. Isn't this stuff cool?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Good deal Pat. Isn't this stuff cool?
        Yes, yes it is! Still painting and detailing, but looks much better now!

Still also working on the cockpit 3DPUP parts, and now printing the opening parts.
        Pat

Comment

Looks great Pat! You are fast!

Comment

F-22 Canopy Frame Modified.stl Here are the .stl files I have created to be able to make the opening canopy mod like I did it. Could the parts be improved upon? Absolutely. I was able to make a slight change to the tab on the underside of Alphas canopy frame to make for a stronger attachment with the pivot arm I designed. I am still learning Fusion 360 and had to have some help from a friend who is more skilled at it than me to make the change to the canopy frame and create the missing inlet cover but we both learned a lot in the process. I will try to put together a mod thread with more pictures and videos to help make it easier for anyone who wants to give the opening canopy a go. I have also included the missing Starboard Inlet Cover below. All together, with the 3D printed cockpit parts, stock pilot figure and a 17 gram metal gear servo the mod added just under 4 ozs. total to the stock canopy/cockpit tub. I did have to shift my batteries (8S) back a little more to get it to CG but it did without much effort.

Steve
            Steve,
            many thanks for publishing those files, but the download is not possible. When clicking on one of the files published by Alpha in post #2, a subwindow opens with the choice to save the respective file. In addition, there is an icon left of each file plus the file size. Your attachments look different. When clicking on one of your files, nothing happens. When using the save option via the right mouse button I'm just getting an error message. Did anyone else succeed in downloading these files?

Frank

Comment

And here are the picture files I used for my instrument panel. The first is for the 5 main glass panels, and the second is for the glass panel in the center bottom. I didn't like my painting skills on the top center display for the radio settings, so I sanded down the face and used the third pic to show the detail.

What I did was take these pics and copy them to a Word doc. Then I sized them to fit the panel, printed them out, and glued them on. For the glass panels I first put on a couple layers of Minwax Polycrylic Gloss to give them some shine.
              Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                Try these.
                Thanks, Pat!
                Printing...

Comment

And here are the picture files I used for my instrument panel. The first is for the 5 main glass panels, and the second is for the glass panel in the center bottom. I didn't like my painting skills on the top center display for the radio settings, so I sanded down the face and used the third pic to show the detail.

What I did was take these pics and copy them to a Word doc. Then I sized them to fit the panel, printed them out, and glued them on. For the glass panels I first put on a couple layers of Minwax Polycrylic Gloss to give them some shine.
                  Pat, thanks for posting these images- I'll be using them. :Cool:
                  Tom

Comment

Finishing the final little details on the F-22 today... I opened the box on December 8th, and had one little delay after another. And of course Christmas and all that entails, as well as a cold and a gout flare-up! But to top it off, I had an intermittent short in one of the wiring harnesses and finally found it!! Glad it was on the ground and not at 100 mph and 200 ft AGL...:Scared: I didn't add lights to the wings, but I did nav lights and strobes and a beacon on the fuselage. It looks pretty cool! Looking forward to a smooth maiden... A pic or two to follow later today. Happy New Year to everyone, and I hope your Christmas was blessed with joy and love and lots of family and friends!!! Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Steve,
                      many thanks for publishing those files, but the download is not possible. When clicking on one of the files published by Alpha in post #2, a subwindow opens with the choice to save the respective file. In addition, there is an icon left of each file plus the file size. Your attachments look different. When clicking on one of your files, nothing happens. When using the save option via the right mouse button I'm just getting an error message. Did anyone else succeed in downloading these files?

Frank
                      I just tried to individually upload them to the thread. Never done it before so wasn't sure how it would work. I sent them separately to Pat so how did you upload them Pat? I want to know how to do it right in the future.

Comment

Will the glass panels and increments actually light up?

Comment

I just tried to individually upload them to the thread. Never done it before so wasn't sure how it would work. I sent them separately to Pat so how did you upload them Pat? I want to know how to do it right in the future.
                          Steve,

To attach, click on the button that looks like a piece of paper with a paperclip. It's on the right hand side. Then just choose the files to attach.
                          Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post

Will the glass panels and increments actually light up?
                            I thought about doing that, but it would have required carving out some foam as there is a solid wall right behind the instrument panel. But I did test it before installing, and yes light will shine through the paper, making them look illuminated.
                            Pat

Comment

Sorry to ask this again....
                              Alpha,

when can we expect the .stl file of main gear door to be uploaded?
                              can't wait to install it to mine.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Steve,

To attach, click on the button that looks like a piece of paper with a paperclip. It's on the right hand side. Then just choose the files to attach.
                                Thanks Pat. I did that individually instead of as a group. Not sure how that would have mattered but, live and learn.

Comment

Thanks Pat. I did that individually instead of as a group. Not sure how that would have mattered but, live and learn.
                                  Steve,

On your original post it looks like you did the "Post Link" option (which is right next to the "Share Photos" button and also looks like a paperclip) instead of the "Upload Attachments" option which is on the right next to the Advanced Editor and Smilies buttons. Probably too late to go back and edit your post as the forum only allows you twelve hours to do so. But no worries, we have them attached now.

And once again, thanks for creating and sharing these files!
                                  Pat

Comment

To give a little more detail about which pictures I used for what, I outlined them in red. For the armament panel (bottom center) I had to stretch it sideways just a bit to make it fit. I'll post up a PDF shortly that will have the correct sizing so that all you have to do is print and cut.
                                    Pat

Comment

Here's the PDF file. When printing, choose "Actual Size" from the print options list.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Pat

Comment

• Thanks, Gentlemen. Here is a small contribution from my side, the "nose gear brace".

Frank
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X