Clear All

For this shot I added the missle bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181224_101826.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	168370

Comment

Looks fantastic Steve. Nav lights, operable canopy, cockpit upgrade and rocket launch bay....all look super cool!! Merry Christmas and I got my wish, the Seahawks won and I ordered the Raptor today.

Comment

Hey Alpha,

Since we have 3DPUP parts for a detailed cockpit and opening canopy, can we get a crew ladder too like we did for the F-4? Pretty please? :)

Pat

Comment

All, as soon as I can sort out one thing I will post my files for the opening canopy mod here.

Comment

Awesome Steve, thanks!
            Pat

Comment

Pitot tubes and intake FOD covers!
              Pat

Comment

Very cool !! Strange that the do not remove wording on the FOD covers is properly reversed for each side but not the F 22 Raptor logo.:Thinking:Were those made from Alpha's files?

Comment

I made my own decals for Remove Before Flight, they are not part of the .stl file.
                  Pat

Comment

One thing I should mention for anyone wanting to do the intake FOD covers. I had to do a bit of sanding to the edges to get it to sit in the intake properly. Not much, just really needed to round off all the sharp corners so they would not dig into the foam.
                    Pat

Comment

Got in a couple flights on mine today at TIA and the canopy stayed closed with no issues. George got video of the second flight where I close the canopy before the take off roll and then open it back up after the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        I really like the looks of that Pat. Very nice!

Comment

I made my own decals for Remove Before Flight, they are not part of the .stl file.
                          That explains why they weren't reversed while the logo was. Thanks also for the explanation on the slime lights.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            Got in a couple flights on mine today at TIA and the canopy stayed closed with no issues. George got video of the second flight where I close the canopy before the take off roll and then open it back up after the flight.
                            Saw the video on FB. Looked great! You said you used a 90mm F-16 elevator servo for the opening mechanism? I think I have some lying around.
                            Pat

Comment

Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

That explains why they weren't reversed while the logo was. Thanks also for the explanation on the slime lights.
                              I'm playing with it in Fusion360. I don't really know how to use it, but maybe I can self-teach. I did that with Qcad pretty much.
                              Pat

Comment

I have gotten some help with Fusion360 and now have a starboard inlet cover file as well as the issue resolved that I was needing help on. Will post files up tomorrow. Can .stl files be directly uploaded without any issues? I assume so but never tried it. If it doesn't work I will try to post them to Thingiverse.

Comment

Alpha was able to post them, so I don't see why not. Good on ya Steve for fixing the starboard cover. Looking forward to the files!
                                  Pat

Comment

Here are the .stl files I have created to be able to make the opening canopy mod like I did it. Could the parts be improved upon? Absolutely. I was able to make a slight change to the tab on the underside of Alphas canopy frame to make for a stronger attachment with the pivot arm I designed. I am still learning Fusion 360 and had to have some help from a friend who is more skilled at it than me to make the change to the canopy frame and create the missing inlet cover but we both learned a lot in the process. I will try to put together a mod thread with more pictures and videos to help make it easier for anyone who wants to give the opening canopy a go. I have also included the missing Starboard Inlet Cover below. All together, with the 3D printed cockpit parts, stock pilot figure and a 17 gram metal gear servo the mod added just under 4 ozs. total to the stock canopy/cockpit tub. I did have to shift my batteries (8S) back a little more to get it to CG but it did without much effort.

Steve

F-22 Canopy Arm Plate Right.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Arm Plate Left.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Arm Plate Support.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Arm.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Servo Mount.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Frame Modified.stl
                                    F-22 Canopy Pushrod Clevis.stl
                                    F-22 Starboard Inlet Cover.stl

Comment

CMP, Nice touches. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3669AAFD-0C5D-46B0-BB9D-9C234C656F73.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	168772Click image for larger version  Name:	9D376C5B-FF3A-4707-812D-009C21FD1A8D.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	243.2 KB ID:	168773

Has anyone designed a nose gear brace like the one designed for the Avanti? On my 7th take off the set screw right above the wheel came loose and my wheel popped off and the gear plowed into the ground. No real damage, but the mount is loose now. My 3D printed Avanti brace works great, figured a similar design for this jet would be very helpful as the gear doesn’t have the added “softness” of the trailing link.
                                        Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3669AAFD-0C5D-46B0-BB9D-9C234C656F73.jpeg
Views:	1058
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	168772Click image for larger version

Name:	9D376C5B-FF3A-4707-812D-009C21FD1A8D.jpeg
Views:	989
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	168773 Has anyone designed a nose gear brace like the one designed for the Avanti? On my 7th take off the set screw right above the wheel came loose and my wheel popped off and the gear plowed into the ground. No real damage, but the mount is loose now. My 3D printed Avanti brace works great, figured a similar design for this jet would be very helpful as the gear doesn’t have the added “softness” of the trailing link.
                                          I only see a receiver shelf for the F-22 at this time on Thingiverse but if there is a need someone will make one soon. I can give it a go once I clear some stuff off my plate.

Comment

Working...
                                          X