Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like this? ;) Although I'm hoping we can cut away some of the stock gear door to close up the wheel pocket some more.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Like this? ;) Although I'm hoping we can cut away some of the stock gear door to close up the wheel pocket some more.
      Hmmm....sounds like a tough job.

How about a similar mechanism like in fms t28 Trojan main gear?
      u have to make a temporary arm-like thing under the door to connect a steel wire and the other end connect to the wheel well wall.

u get what I mean?

Comment

• Like this.....

Comment

Like this? ;) Although I'm hoping we can cut away some of the stock gear door to close up the wheel pocket some more.
          That’s awesome! I’m definitely going to add that to the mods. I haven’t even had a chance to fly mine yet. I was in the first batch :Confused:

Comment

• Another part to improve the airflow ahead of the fan. It goes to the forward facing side of the wing spar. Two are needed.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Since my maiden was successful, I think I'll start the 3D Pups for the cockpit. One question. How do I remove the existing cockpit and do I need any of the existing bits for the printed one?

Tom

Comment

• Remove the existing coming. Just pry it up. Leave the rest of the plastic tub. Unscrew and pry out the pilot. Remove the HUD frame from existing coming to use on the 3D printed part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  Another part to improve the airflow ahead of the fan. It goes to the forward facing side of the wing spar. Two are needed.
                  Great timing! I was just getting ready to print another trailing edge piece and then cut to fit. This will save me some cutting!
                  Pat

Comment

Great timing! I was just getting ready to print another trailing edge piece and then cut to fit. This will save me some cutting!
                    We aim to please. The part is not only revised in width, I reduced the chord as well to achieve a bullet like shape with the front and rear fairings fitted.
                    No chance to test those mods here, temperatures below freezing... :Cold:

Comment

• Anyone have a link for the magnets used in the weapons bay?

Comment

• If you can't scavenge them from something, these are about the closest 3rd party that I can find

CMS Magnetics offers Bar Magnets, Neodymium Bar Magnets, Rare Earth Bar Magnets online at www.magnet4sale.com also Block Magnets, neodymium magnets and rare earth magnets

Comment

• I modified STL to be printed as one piece so no need for screws, no seam on doors and made magnet slots fit my magnets from loews. It fits on the Prusa MK3 build plate at a 41 degree angle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Printed and painted

Comment

• Those turned out really good Brian.

Comment

• They turned out nice.

Comment

• Now design some open bay doors for the bottom.. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      Now design some open bay doors for the bottom.. ;)
                                      I was thinking more of operational bay doors for those up close flybys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

I was thinking more of operational bay doors for those up close flybys.
                                        Wow! Even better!

Comment

• Here is the main gear LED housing. I realize the FS does not have lights on the mains but made them for better visual on landings I have them on mine but currently disconnected.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X