Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the old F4 by FMS and Airfield. HH just tweaked the old molds and upgraded the edf. A bit high on the price but less than the FW. But really not comparing apples to apples now are we.

Also that gear looks like grass will eat it up. Surprised that a 64mm model did not come out for the toss and boss crowd.
    Anyways, waiting to see what's what so the RC budget is getting healthier....

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
      Looks like the old F4 by FMS and Airfield. HH just tweaked the old molds and upgraded the edf. A bit high on the price but less than the FW. But really not comparing apples to apples now are we.

Also that gear looks like grass will eat it up. Surprised that a 64mm model did not come out for the toss and boss crowd.
      Anyways, waiting to see what's what so the RC budget is getting healthier....
      No chance the old FMS F4 and this new "Eflite" F4 have any relation besides they are both modeled after the same full scale plane.

Comment

There's plenty of airspace up here for all of us, friends. :Cool:
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Ha Ha, I'm not going to get into what is going on here, I'm pretty much going to leave everyone to their own theory and such. But I will say this. If and when I do pull the trigger on an F-4. It will be a "Freewing F-4" with much certainty. I'll leave it at that.

There are more aircraft that could be perspective modeled in RC to shake a stick at, that would be profitable. Not just an F-4. These are just a tiny few.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please carry on.

Best Regards
          Woody

Comment

Just enjoy the hobby and be glad that other manufacturers are stepping up to the plate to make a better product.
            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

I always say "the more the merrier" and in this country I get to choose !

Comment

bought the eflite f4 with as3x for 449...a little more then I planned to pay but still so much cheeper then the fw f4 and it has a reciver/gyro in it...got my income tax back so a lot less painfull lol... I really like the 80mm size as I have a smallish car

Comment

With already having an 8S 90mm F4, I would have 100% bought this if it were a 70mm in the less than $300 ballpark. Call me crazy but I seem to have more fun with the 70's as the risk isn't as great. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my 90's and 80's but am a little bit more conscious of the $$ when flying those and tend not to take chances like low inverted passes, 4 point rolls, etc.

I do hope it does well for eflite though and hope that everyone that gets one enjoys it! The more well-made, popular models out there the better it is for all of us IMO.

I will say that the price was a bit higher than I expected. I was guessing $385/400.

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                    With already having an 8S 90mm F4, I would have 100% bought this if it were a 70mm in the less than $300 ballpark. Call me crazy but I seem to have more fun with the 70's as the risk isn't as great. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my 90's and 80's but am a little bit more conscious of the $$ when flying those and tend not to take chances like low inverted passes, 4 point rolls, etc.

I do hope it does well for eflite though and hope that everyone that gets one enjoys it! The more well-made, popular models out there the better it is for all of us IMO.

I will say that the price was a bit higher than I expected. I was guessing $385/400.
                    I'm right there with you I/P. I personally think Eflight Gooned it here. For those of you that know the slightest bit about me know I always like it when new planes, (FROM ANYONE) hit the market, especially a Phantom of all things. The Eflight Phantom is a good plane if what your looking for is a bind and fly. I personally think the PNP version is D.O.A.. My reasoning is simple, the price is too close to the Freewing version, which is pretty much perfection in this class of plane. So, "I KNOW FOR ME" I wouldn't usually mind spending an additional 60 to 80 bucks to get the original, "Perfection, IE Bigger, Better Done, and Proven", (You wont find any bare unpainted foam on any variety of the Freewing Phantom) Than what I consider smaller lessor quality, (the entire underside of the Eflight is bare unpainted foam). Now, I don't mind unpainted foam too much in a sports model, it kinda goes with the turf. So the mere attempt to ignore this little thing like painting the belly might not matter to many of you, I get it, K. But it matters to me, and my wallet. If I broke it down to the simplest terms, it's worth the extra money to me to have a Phantom that is all painted, with no bare foam showing.

I also, like many here am very comfortable with mounting my own radio receivers and rigging my planes, I kind of focused on this, trial and error, and serious study of this for more than a few months. It took a while for sure, and I think more than a few good pilots have yet to master this. For this reason I'm thinking the AS3X Bind an fly model will be pretty successful for Eflight.

But I think the PNP version is going to be a bit of a bust for Eflight. I just think they are focusing on the Bind and fly market, as always.

Best Regards
                    Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I'm right there with you I/P. I personally think Eflight Gooned it here. For those of you that know the slightest bit about me know I always like it when new planes, (FROM ANYONE) hit the market, especially a Phantom of all things. The Eflight Phantom is a good plane if what your looking for is a bind and fly. I personally think the PNP version is D.O.A.. My reasoning is simple, the price is too close to the Freewing version, which is pretty much perfection in this class of plane. So, "I KNOW FOR ME" I wouldn't usually mind spending an additional 60 to 80 bucks to get the original, "Perfection, IE Bigger, Better Done, and Proven", (You wont find any bare unpainted foam on any variety of the Freewing Phantom) Than what I consider smaller lessor quality, (the entire underside of the Eflight is bare unpainted foam). Now, I don't mind unpainted foam too much in a sports model, it kinda goes with the turf. So the mere attempt to ignore this little thing like painting the belly might not matter to many of you, I get it, K. But it matters to me, and my wallet. If I broke it down to the simplest terms, it's worth the extra money to me to have a Phantom that is all painted, with no bare foam showing.

I also, like many here am very comfortable with mounting my own radio receivers and rigging my planes, I kind of focused on this, trial and error, and serious study of this for more than a few months. It took a while for sure, and I think more than a few good pilots have yet to master this. For this reason I'm thinking the AS3X Bind an fly model will be pretty successful for Eflight.

But I think the PNP version is going to be a bit of a bust for Eflight. I just think they are focusing on the Bind and fly market, as always.

Best Regards
                      Woody
                      I agree that the Eflight F-4 best unique selling feature is its AS3X and SAFE Select of the BNF model for those that want to fly a Phantom but don't have much experience flying EDF's of this caliber.

Comment

Before you push the preorder button, please compare the Fw and Eflite releases. I down loaded the manual to get a closer look. Weight is 6,25 to 6.62 my FW F-4 weights 6.25, with out battery. I would hope that Eflite's F-4 is with a battery, but specs don't say. We a talking a slightly smaller plane then the FW. The specs. call out a 13 gram servo for elevator, SINGLE, with FW's having a 30 gram. No where in the manual does it call out a elevator neutral position, which is very important on a flying stab. I have to say, a nice scheme, but you don't have any options there. So look over the manual, specs, and compare it to the Free Wing F-4 before you spend your hard earned money.
                        Just my 2 cents !!!
                        -

Comment

But... "
                          The best handling high-performance F-4 Phantom EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet"

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            But... "
                            The best handling high-performance F-4 Phantom EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet"
                            Reminds me of the BH claims of all their jets (F-117, SR-71, etc) "Excellent for beginner!"

:Thinking:
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                              bought the eflite f4 with as3x for 449...a little more then I planned to pay but still so much cheeper then the fw f4 and it has a reciver/gyro in it...got my income tax back so a lot less painfull lol... I really like the 80mm size as I have a smallish car
                              Let us know how you like your F-4, Ron!

Thanks for reminding me to do my taxes. New planes is a good incentive!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I agree that the Eflight F-4 best unique selling feature is its AS3X and SAFE Select of the BNF model for those that want to fly a Phantom but don't have much experience flying EDF's of this caliber.
                                I hope by now people realize that you can buy a hobbyeagle gyro for around $30 that performs the same functions as the safe and as3x, and you don't need a 15 dollar programming cable to adjust it. So you're not locked in to just eflite planes if you need the electronic training wheels

Comment

Keep in mind EFlite has optimized programming you can load into your spectrum Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini
                                    Keep in mind EFlite has optimized programming you can load into your spectrum Tx.
                                    I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying here. Do you mean that you can get that particular TX SPM file so that your TX knows which switch and buttons (and sticks) do their appropriate jobs? As for "programming" in the RX, I always thought that the AS3X functions, SAFE, etc, are all done in the receiver and once done, cannot simply be pulled out of that plane and put into another plane without adjusting the programming to suit the next plane. In that case, you do need either the cable and a smart phone or PC or you need the Bluetooth device so your TX can transfer the information to the RX.
                                    I've stopped using the Spektrum RX's, especially the 636 due their unreasonable cost and complexity of use when compared the the relative low cost of a Lemon/Admiral RX and HobbyEagle gyro. I may still buy from time to time an Eflite model in BNF simply for ease of getting the plane in the air. However, if and when I'm done with the plane, I generally keep the RX's as ornaments as I find them too "messy" to reprogram for other planes. I currently have 4 of them just sitting there doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Let us know how you like your F-4, Ron!

Thanks for reminding me to do my taxes. New planes is a good incentive!
                                      Alpha have you guys thought about doing something similar to e-flites bind and fly? I personally really enjoy having a receiver and gyro all set up and ready to go.

Keep up up the good work!

Comment

hh admits its build by fms don't see the problem there myself

Comment

I bought the BNF version but never intended on flying Spektrum 'cos I have FrSky setup and want to continue that with all of the telemetry, etc. A buddy of mine offered me $80 for the AS3X receiver when I get it so my $449 (no tax) is suddenly only $369...Win/Win!

Comment

Working...
                                          X