Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't mean combat curley just some real naval action...it was pretty boreing being ships company at a training command base for 4 years. in the middle of the Vietnam war( of course if I had of been on ship id probably have complained about how hard we had to work...the grass is always greener buddy)

curly I had just a national defence for 4 years then a few years ago I had to get my local congressman to work on a good conduct medal sence I was in the weekend warriors p3 sq out of new orleans for another year...so took me over 40 years to get two medals lol Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0775 (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	193318

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Eflite F4 Painted.jpg
Views:	1366
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	193501 Congrats Ron, thanks for your service!

Purists...close your eyes!

I made some visibility additions... I took off wing insignia to paint and it tore so I ordered a new one. I also ordered another pilot so I can have a RIO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Congrats Ron, thanks for your service!

Purists...close your eyes!

I made some visibility additions... I took off wing insignia to paint and it tore so I ordered a new one. I also ordered another pilot so I can have a RIO.
        I'll take being able to see it over scale accuracy every time.

I'm doing a "stand way back" variation of the Bicentennial F4. No measuring, just looking at the pictures of the plane and applying the paint brush.

I recently repainted a Dynam P-51 (approaching 5 years old and looked like it had been through 3 wars) that has some Tuskegee influence with red rudder and nose, invasion stripes on the fuselage, but not the wings and the stars n bars insignia from an Air Force Dynam T-28. It looks good, but no full scale airplane ever looked like that.
        Then I added LED lights all over the airplane for night flying.

They don't have to be scale masterpieces... they're foamies. They have to please their owners. 90% of the people who see them will have no clue that we are not actually following the color scheme from a full scale aircraft.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Forgot to attach!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great!
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
              I didn't mean combat curley just some real naval action...it was pretty boreing being ships company at a training command base for 4 years. in the middle of the Vietnam war( of course if I had of been on ship id probably have complained about how hard we had to work...the grass is always greener buddy)

curly I had just a national defence for 4 years then a few years ago I had to get my local congressman to work on a good conduct medal sence I was in the weekend warriors p3 sq out of new orleans for another year...so took me over 40 years to get two medals lol Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0775 (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	193318
              Well, despite it being "peacetime" we did manage to kill a lot of people and crash airplanes. I'm not being glib. It's just aircraft carrier and tactical aviation stuff.

Comment

• Noticed in mine that at about 80% power it's at top speed. Going higher increases the noise but not the speed. At least not noticeably.

I'm also back to using all the ailerons it'll give me. Guessing it needs it because they're relatively inboard compared to most models.

Having a ball with this thing. ;)

Comment

Name:	image_39469.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	193798Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39470.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	193799Click image for larger version  Name:	image_39468.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	193797​ Coral Sea Aggressor Squadron

Comment

• looks good russ,,, I am relaying on the pilot and rio's red helmets for vis on mine lol

Comment

• Just wish I could get a break on weather to fly again :(

Comment

Name:	f4 52.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	195810 just finished a install on the gooniac33 center burner in my F4.. took probably 15 min to do the job as I kept the wire puller from the A4 lol...hardest part is hideing the wires..highly recommend this burner as its very bright and works off the balance plug with no extra batteries.... Click image for larger version  Name:	f4 50.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	195808Click image for larger version  Name:	f4 51.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	195809

Comment

• Nice Ron, I have my telemetry plugged into my lipo charging plug so I would have to hard wire it in so the lipo cables or charging plug wire. Lets see a video of it now :)

Comment

• your killing me Russ..the F4 is in line behind the L39, eflite viper, stinger 90, and the A4 right now...

Comment

• So far I am way happier with this E-Flite than I was the Freewing even though it's smaller. The Freewing was like trying to fly a kite in a soft wind at this altitude.

Comment

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	198408 Interesting correlation!

Boy, did FMS get this F-4 right though. I have flown this one and seen the 90 Freewing 6S version F-4 flown at our field and I prefer this one. I really thought I would like Freewing better since I'm a loyal FW Fan but the little smaller size makes it more nimble and maneuverable and I just love it! Now that I have gotten the Ele/Flap mix right on the money, the landings are a thing of beauty. I've got to get with some buddies at the field to get some video soon. This is about the smallest EDF that I fly (not true just bought the new FW F-35 ver 3) and can SEE well although I did have to "enhance" the paint job ;)

I got a couple of flights in last Sunday and it looks and sounds great...and performed great too! I got several comments at the field how good it sounded. Also, from a previous F-4 Driver who said he couldn't believe that it actually dropped the nose when flaps were deployed (without ele mix) because that's just what the real thing does. It does great verticals on 6S-5000 50C lipos. It is fast on landings though on pavement so have plenty of room to land. I use full flaps on last leg of landing to help with rollout. I use half flaps for takeoff to help get it unstuck from the ground quicker. It does need some room to takeoff too.

My favorite EDF at the moment :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	198408 Interesting correlation!

Boy, did FMS get this F-4 right though. I have flown this one and seen the 90 Freewing 6S version F-4 flown at our field and I prefer this one. I really thought I would like Freewing better since I'm a loyal FW Fan but the little smaller size makes it more nimble and maneuverable and I just love it! Now that I have gotten the Ele/Flap mix right on the money, the landings are a thing of beauty. I've got to get with some buddies at the field to get some video soon. This is about the smallest EDF that I fly (not true just bought the new FW F-35 ver 3) and can SEE well although I did have to "enhance" the paint job ;)

I got a couple of flights in last Sunday and it looks and sounds great...and performed great too! I got several comments at the field how good it sounded. Also, from a previous F-4 Driver who said he couldn't believe that it actually dropped the nose when flaps were deployed (without ele mix) because that's just what the real thing does. It does great verticals on 6S-5000 50C lipos. It is fast on landings though on pavement so have plenty of room to land. I use full flaps on last leg of landing to help with rollout. I use half flaps for takeoff to help get it unstuck from the ground quicker. It does need some room to takeoff too.

My favorite EDF at the moment :)
                                  What paint did you use for you "enhancements"?? Mine likes to disappear too...

Comment

• I installed a Gooniac Afterburner system and it looks great! Take a look!

Russ

Comment

• Just a heads up everyone.

Check your servo connections in the wing root for the problem the Havoc is having since it is the same type of system. I lost my Phantom the exact same way as they are describing happening to the Havocs after about a dozen flights, and I haven't taken the wings off since I assembled it.

I submitted a ticket with Horizon so we'll see what they say.

For the record I absolutely loved this Phantom and it was a breeze to fly.

Comment

• Got a video of my buddies F-4 with my afterburner unit installed. take a look!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Picked up a used F4 in a trade for a bearcat. Swapped out spektrum reciever for frsky s6r...wow what a nice flyer. Double ugly is airborne.

Comment

Working...
                                          X