Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That gets it into the same price range as the FW 80mm EDFs. Now it's a direct comparison on how well the plane is designed and executed.

Comment

C'mon slow boat...having withdrawals already...need Phantom now!

Comment

If this one drops below $400 I am all over it... FMS had said that there were a lot more jets coming and I am sure that Eflite made some of their own changes to it. But FMS had done a good portion of the work most likely... The FMS Hawk is a fabulous plane!! I don't see Eflite having to do that much work to get the F-4 any better than they already did...
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Horizon has said several times that the F-4 and the last fret jet releases were done by FMS for the Eflight brand. That’s not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
            Horizon has said several times that the F-4 and the last fret jet releases were done by FMS for the Eflight brand. That’s not a bad thing.
            Just not a fan of FMS.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Just not a fan of FMS.

Mike
              The older FMS stuff was no good.. But if Eflite is willing to put their name on it then it has to be good right? Their new releases have been pretty dang awesome! My F-18 and Hawk have hundreds of flights on them and are all stock. No issues at all...
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

To be honest I think FMS does the foundry work for both the Freewing & Eflight F-4. They just do it under the guidance of Freewing or EFlight respectively. In my opinion Freewings guidance is better, as in my opinion their standards are higher. Case in point the Freewing has it's belly painted. Eflight will leave bare foam bare anytime white is in the color scheme. I personally find the quality of Eflights no better than any. They are the kings of having the cheapest push rods, control horns, and clasps money can buy. But if you want a bind and fly model, Eflight's probably the only game in town.

It's not easy to install your own radio, rig your own controls with the new programmable radios with a high level of confidence. I have to admit, I even select a bind and fly model some times, just because I don't want to spend the time to make sure everything is right and works well. Then there is the Gyros, Eflight provides planes with everything to go, out of the box. Setting a gyro up incorrectly will kill your brand new PNP plane in a heart beat, guaranteed.

I think the choice is up to the individual. If you have the skill set to prepare the Freewing for successful flight, and can afford it, It is clearly the best and highest quality model available. If you can not do this confidently I'm sure the Eflight is a nice model too, and you can always paint the underside your self. I guess I'm saying it's pretty much up to you. LOL

For me, I don't have to even think about it. Freewing for sure, as I just love tinkering and setting one of these up. My setups are frankly quite superior to the Eflight setups, but took me a while to get there.

As for Horizon Hobby. You would think when you consider all the Horizon Hobby stuff, Motion RC sells, and Horizon Hobby knowing full well this Model is a heavy hitter for Motion, they may have considered just leaving this one alone. But then that would leave all people that like the Bind and Fly option out in the cold. Business is war, and I kinda think Motion has been taking it on the chin of late.

Best Regards
                Woody

Comment

I disagree that FMS is making FreeWings planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    I disagree that FMS is making FreeWings planes.
                    I'm with you on this. I posed this question years ago on the other forum and someone "in the know" (apparently close to these businesses) posted that one had little to do with the other.
                    I don't have any Freewing plane boxes laying around, but do they have their address printed somewhere on the box? How do they compare?

It's easy to find out that the address for FMS is ...............................
                    Building B, 3rd Industry Zone, Matigang, Dalingshan Town, Dongguan City, China 523810

Comment

Let me be 100% clear about this: Freewing and FMS are and have always been *completely* different factories/owners/entities. They don't do any "foundry work" for each other, nor do they have any collaboration with each other, whatsoever. FMS produces planes under its own brand and also produces for other resellers under those resellers' brand names. Freewing doesn't produce planes for other resellers. Both factories have their own development teams, different supply chains for various key components, etc.

Neither a better approach, just a different approach. As I've said many times before, there's plenty of airspace for everyone to share.

Carry on. :Cool:

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Just as stated above... I don't see Freewing and FMS being anywhere near each other. I do remember back in the days that there were models made by fms under a different name on Nitro Planes... but that was a while ago.

Comment

If you have assembled/built a FMS and FW plane, it is really easy to see they are designed and built very differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Let me be 100% clear about this: Freewing and FMS are and have always been *completely* different factories/owners/entities. They don't do any "foundry work" for each other, nor do they have any collaboration with each other, whatsoever. FMS produces planes under its own brand and also produces for other resellers under those resellers' brand names. Freewing doesn't produce planes for other resellers. Both factories have their own development teams, different supply chains for various key components, etc.

Neither a better approach, just a different approach. As I've said many times before, there's plenty of airspace for everyone to share.

Carry on. :Cool:
                            Nice to hear Mate. Thanks for the info. It's good to be wrong at times.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                              Just as stated above... I don't see Freewing and FMS being anywhere near each other. I do remember back in the days that there were models made by fms under a different name on Nitro Planes... but that was a while ago.
                              They were re-branded as Airfield on Nitro Planes and DuraFly on Hobby King.

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I'm in. I pre-ordered. Now someone is going to have to talk me through stripping the markings so I can paint it in my old squadron colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rock3.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	183868

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing her in your livery!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

btw I was checking out the eflite spare parts and there is a 23g servo which I assume is the elevator servo...the rush to put out advertising sometimes misses the facts
                                    hey curly that red lighting bolt on the tail sure offsets the flat gray on the rest of the plane... I was in a reserve P3 sq out of new orleans in the mid 70's and we had a red crawfish crushing a sub in its craws but had to make it flat gray … kinda ruioned it artistic wise lol

Comment

I really noticed the prices of the parts...

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                      btw I was checking out the eflite spare parts and there is a 23g servo which I assume is the elevator servo...the rush to put out advertising sometimes misses the facts
                                      hey curly that red lighting bolt on the tail sure offsets the flat gray on the rest of the plane... I was in a reserve P3 sq out of new orleans in the mid 70's and we had a red crawfish crushing a sub in its craws but had to make it flat gray … kinda ruioned it artistic wise lol

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Just not a fan of FMS.

Mike
                                        I have three FMS airplanes and find the quality to be "variable." Different qualities in different components for no apparent reason. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I know there are complaints about cost and all, but to be able to be flying in a matter of a few hours?? And the ease of repairs in foam?

Sign me up. I built when I was a teenager. I'm old. I don't want to live at the bench. I want to see these things zipping by me. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of builders. Just not what I want to do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by curlyculp View Post

I have three FMS airplanes and find the quality to be "variable." Different qualities in different components for no apparent reason. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I know there are complaints about cost and all, but to be able to be flying in a matter of a few hours?? And the ease of repairs in foam?

Sign me up. I built when I was a teenager. I'm old. I don't want to live at the bench. I want to see these things zipping by me. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of builders. Just not what I want to do right now.
                                          I think they were referring more to the cost of parts for FMS models vs Freewing models both being foam models. Because there already is a really nice Freewing F-4 Phantom model except it is 90mm incase you were unaware.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Comment

Working...
                                          X