You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Freewing AL37 Airliner Livery Pictures!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee Thanks for the kind words! This was my first attempt and I was a little nervous. Going to add ship number 5150 to the nose gear doors and paint the nose the same color as the winglets.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by StillJoe23 View Post
      Elbee Thanks for the kind words! This was my first attempt and I was a little nervous. Going to add ship number 5150 to the nose gear doors and paint the nose the same color as the winglets.
      Awsome pics and livery.... waiting 4 my callie decals also got some flight questions ,, thats 4 different thread..

Comment

• Been doing some aboriginal art) to the best i can, waiting for callie qantis logo and fiddly bits etc on the wunala dreaming 747 qantas livery,, one thing i hav noticed with livery research.... u need to pik a point in time,,, have watched the resto of the memphis belle,,, and they had to decide what time frame,, pics etc to restore to..... anyway heres couple progress pics oh and hav clearcoat fuse Click image for larger version

Name:	16907057204475126809773063694859.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	383142Click image for larger version

Name:	16907057860016470060819933081703.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	383143

Comment

• f4u ausie Absolutely-Fabulous work, Sir. Can you tell me, are you painting all the Aboriginal Art so far? Looks amazing. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I finally added red to the nose, forward/aft entry doors (can't say thank you enough to Callie Graphics), and ship number on nose gear doors...I may actually be finished! Now all that's left to do is to fly it.

Comment

• StillJoe23, Outstanding work, Sir.

Great lookin' livery.

Time to pour yourself a shot (or two) of Santo Puro Mezquila Tequila and admire your work.

Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                f4u ausie Absolutely-Fabulous work, Sir. Can you tell me, are you painting all the Aboriginal Art so far? Looks amazing. Best, LB
                So far yes im not indiginous(myself) but been watching aton of vids on it and lotsa practice (bit of a fan of aboriginal art find it interesting) so hopefully between callie animal figures and bits and peices,, will look ok(time will tell) then maiden time,, will be nervlous,, only jet ihad trouble with so far was 70mm f35 hopefully no tip stall like ive seen a couple of and thank you kind sir

Comment

• f4u ausie, I don't have this jet, though I understand she is a joy to fly. You'll be fine, Sir, of this I have little doubt. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey guys hope it not getting boreing...... but im havin fuuun another arvo after work with a brush in my hand.. coooooooll so far

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                      Hey guys hope it not getting boreing...... but im havin fuuun another arvo after work with a brush in my hand.. coooooooll so far
                      F4, This is BEFORE you are adding Callie's graphics??? Outstanding, Sir. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Its in need now of some ,,i will call them( callie roos) and the small bits( can never spell that word nomeclature??) ozzy flag etc

Comment

• I am ready to maiden my AL37 painted as Thai Airlines. Has anyone tried installing wheel brakes to slow/stop the landing roll? If so I'd welcome your recommendation for quality brakes. My field has a 300x30 foot asphalt runway and the other person in the club with this airplane says the runway is too short for this A/C (he uses a larger grass field for this A/C). Comments?

Comment

• Hi LM84,
                            First…consider installing a gyro. In any turbulence at all, she gets the wiggle tails. A gyro stops this.

To address your question, I did Google Earth measurements of the hard surfaces I fly off of. The shortest is 320 ft. But none are 30 ft narrow. With no headwind, my landings end with a wide “J” turn to bleed off the last of the energy. This requires about a 100 ft wide landing area. Measuring on GE the straight plus “J” turn distance, I typically use 350 ft.

A 300 ft by 30 ft is gonna take a headwind and some good piloting skills to get her stopped. I’ve done it with wind and no “J” turn, but would not try it on a maiden flight. I’ve flown the AL37 a TON, so heed the advice of this post and the other person at your field.

Note: If you try and fail and damage the landing gear by running off the end into the rough, it is a tricky repair to get back right. You will not be happy that you failed and damaged the gear.

My suggestion…don’t try it until you become well skilled in flying her….AND have a headwind. Or…after installing reversing ESCs or brakes.

-GG

PS There is an official AL37 forum. You posted in the AL37 livery forum. Unless you are only posting photos, you should make future posts over there.

Updated Vids and Pics 11/11/2019. *This is the pre-order for the Freewing AL37 Airliner 70mm Twin EDF Jet - PNP. The current expected arrival date is early December 2019. Visit the product pages below first for any updates Freewing AL37 Airliner PNP w/Decals pre-applied: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Comment

• letterman84 Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great to have you onboard.

GliderGuy has given you some very good advice.

Your patience will be rewarded, I think.

Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My 11 year old grandson did most of the work, but does all the flying. Just finished, can't wait until spring. This is his 17th airplane

Comment

• Triker, Very nicely done, Sir, Beautiful livery and a great model. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                  X