X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

He is stretched pretty thin right now. The manufacturers/distributors apparently love his lengthy unboxing videos, as everyone is sending him everything right now. So it is getting kind of hard for him to cover everything he is receiving, including the Rafale. And now he is showing an early release of the new E-flite FW190. His YT page has a live stream unboxing video of it scheduled.
    I don't think that's what Cap. Moron was getting at. The old saying, "You can tell more from what someone DOESN'T say than from what he said", applies here. Rich is trying to be as diplomatic as he can (for reasons that are obvious to most people) and of course, he's being a "pitch man" for the company where the products came from. You can tell when something isn't a good or desirable thing, he doesn't say anything or he says it in such a way as to redirect what he really thinks about it. You can also tell a lot from the tone of what he says. It's like listening to and watching a politician on TV. It's got nothing to do with being "stretched thin".

It's somewhat like his review of the Banana Hobby V-22. I'm on my 3rd one because I love the concept and I try to stay away from the idiosyncrasies (and there are lots to hate). In reality, for most pilots, that V-22 is odd, problematic and is really a piece of junk, yet you didn't hear him say anything of the sort. He was trying to sell them for Banana (and he gets a small cut of the action) and he has a certain obligation to them to not trash the product (like car reviewers on TV auto shows). They get these things for free and if they trash one, they won't get many more from that company. Since that review Rich put out about the V-22, Banana sold out very quickly - that was the intended purpose and what all parties were hoping for. Before this review, V-22's sat in the Banana warehouse for months, doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

. Rich is trying to be as diplomatic as he can (for reasons that are obvious to most people) and of course, he's being a "pitch man" for the company where the products came from. You can tell when something isn't a good or desirable thing, he doesn't say anything or he says it in such a way as to redirect what he really thinks about it. You can also tell a lot from the tone of what he says. It's like listening to and watching a politician on TV. It's got nothing to do with being "stretched thin".

It's somewhat like his review of the Banana Hobby V-22.. . .. He was trying to sell them for Banana (and he gets a small cut of the action) and he has a certain obligation to them to not trash the product (like car reviewers on TV auto shows). They get these things for free and if they trash one, they won't get many more from that company. Since that review Rich put out about the V-22, Banana sold out very quickly - that was the intended purpose and what all parties were hoping for. Before this review, V-22's sat in the Banana warehouse for months, doing nothing.
      EXACTLY.

There are several individuals who post supposedly impartial reviews but we know perfectly well that they are infomercials. We saw a lot of those for the MiG29 early on, then they stopped coming when the MiGs started crashing. Another hint that you're watching an infomercial is that they are always pushing the viewer to click on a link or subscribe to their YT channel.

Comment

• I think the fact that all the reviews from different reviewers are released at the exact same time tells you who’s really in charge.

Comment

• Exatly XVIPER

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

EXACTLY.

There are several individuals who post supposedly impartial reviews but we know perfectly well that they are infomercials. We saw a lot of those for the MiG29 early on, then they stopped coming when the MiGs started crashing. Another hint that you're watching an infomercial is that they are always pushing the viewer to click on a link or subscribe to their YT channel.
            EXACTLY! It's a marketing free for all. He's basically the Howard Stern of RC. Many failing radio stations used Howard to attract listeners and inject life into their dying market. Kind of a "shill" for the marketers and distributors out there in the hobby marketplace. They need to lure us and sell us "the new girl in town". Unfortunately, many of these products are faulty; possibly by design and then the price goes up and you end up with a wanker of an airplane....That ain't know ripper of a party mate....It's a Doovalacky....

Comment

• He didn't say holy smokes enough. Perhaps the flight time was so short he only got a few in.

I actually wish the "reviewers" would do a fourth or fifth flight review. Where we.can see the strengths and weaknesses of the given plane. Instead of the initial unveiling maiden flight of a new product to showcase.

It's like the written reviews of planes that say, "this plane is the best plane I've ever owned, I can't wait to take it fully out of the box fly it for the first time."

Uh, fly it for a day, then tell us what you think...

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                He didn't say holy smokes enough. Perhaps the flight time was so short he only got a few in.

I actually wish the "reviewers" would do a fourth or fifth flight review. Where we.can see the strengths and weaknesses of the given plane. Instead of the initial unveiling maiden flight of a new product to showcase.

It's like the written reviews of planes that say, "this plane is the best plane I've ever owned, I can't wait to take it fully out of the box fly it for the first time."

Uh, fly it for a day, then tell us what you think...
                To his credit, it seems to me like he usually does do more than just a quick two minute flight with a new model? E.G.the new V3 big FMS Corsair ... he videoed multiple flights and then swapped out the motor and prop, etc. I am sure he will have more flights and more to say about the Rafale. He is just trying to give a little attention to each of a lot of different products that have come flooding his way.

Comment

• True, you're right. He does do a lot of planes justice with fixes and fully wringing out some planes. He does a great job. And motionrc does as well.

Comment

• Jon has flown and reviewed a lot of edfs over the years from 50mm on up. I trust his opinion. He gives us the straight skinny.

Of course,with everything, there are trade-offs and compromises. We all want this new Rafale to check off all the boxes: Quality, flyability, ease of assembly, looks, speed, durability, flight time, vertical, value for price paid,etc. I'm sure there are a few things that will be lacking for some. Happens with all of them.

I guess you have ask yourself what the " must haves" are for you. No one likes unwanted surprises. That's what makes a buying decision difficult in a pre-order situation. It's a crap shoot.

I'm willing to gamble that the Rafale has far more plusses than minusses. FMS has done a good job in the Edf category in the last few years.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I just wish manufactures would stop putting these fantasy paint on military jets. When I buy a warbird I want it to look like a frontline fighter with a paint scheme that replicates an actual Air Force. At least, give us a base grey version so we can paint and customize.

Comment

• Well said Flanker. The colour scheme on the Rafale put me off buying it. Yes I know the paint scheme is from an actual Rafale but I like it to look like a front line fighter. I expect there others that love it.Be interesting to know how many other people have been put off my the Rafale paint scheme?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                          True, you're right. He does do a lot of planes justice with fixes and fully wringing out some planes. He does a great job. And motionrc does as well.
                          I just wish these professional reviewers (a) told us up front whether they accept stuff from the manufacturers/distributors, (b) actually had some verifiable credentials other than having a YT channel (c) could speak in complete sentences without saying "you guys" every few seconds.

Comment

• Kallend +1 Amen. Unbox, Whoopdee doo. 8 screws. Next ? Took over three hours on YT. On the livery, at first, I too was really turned off by it. It's grown on me and with my aging eyes, the yellow is a good thing.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I just wish these professional reviewers (a) told us up front whether they accept stuff from the manufacturers/distributors, (b) actually had some verifiable credentials other than having a YT channel (c) could speak in complete sentences without saying "you guys" every few seconds.
                              "Professional reviewer"?!

Pretty sure there is no such thing. At least IMO.

Comment

• Model Aviation Magazine is trying something a little new and has released a digital “First Look” at this model. A more through review will still appear in in the magazine in an upcoming issue. A video is also embedded in the linked article below.

Comment

• Your photography is always amazing.

Comment

• +100000 %!!!

Comment

• I went ahead and cancelled. Just not enough info flowing about this plane and a complete lack of enthusiasm coming from HH. A 7.2 lb 80mm with a few 2:30 min demo flights. Hung in there as long as I could hoping it would be something it's never gonna be. I'll wait and see how it turns out. I wish it well.

Not in a dire need of a new plane though I like to start the season off with something new. Have many of the Freewing 80's and a few 90's. I'll probably buy a Mirage V2. Simple , straight forward. Fast

Comment

• There is not a lot of info on the Rafale coming out. Even RC Informer is quite. To me that tell me a lot 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                          There is not a lot of info on the Rafale coming out. Even RC Informer is quite. To me that tell me a lot 🤔
                                          If he crashed it, he may be quiet for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                          X