X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fozy View Post
    What is a good printer that won't break the bank if I wanted to get one?
    I'm sure you'll get a bunch of opinions on this. I can't advise because both of mine are out of production now. There are several in the $300 or under range that are more than adequate for hobby work.

Comment

• I have a few flights on my Vulcan now.

So far I have been impressed and have begun to explore the speed envelope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speed.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	374355

That`s 135.566 mph from a 3300mAh 6s. (probably not completely accurate but I will take it.)

Comment

• I'd say it's probably correct. I estimate mines 140 out of a dive or doing a loose pylon course.

Comment

• will a spektrum ar8000 receiver work in the Vulcan ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
            will a spektrum ar8000 receiver work in the Vulcan ?
            Yes.

Comment

• thank you, I can bind a ar6210 but not a ar8000?

Comment

thank you, I can bind a ar6210 but not a ar8000?
                How are you trying to bind it?

Binding has nothing to do with the plane it's in. If you have a radio problem you're better off asking in a radio forum than a jet forum.

Also be aware that there are a LOT of fake AR8000 out there. Where did you get it?

Comment

• Binding with a Spektrum DX-9, holding the bind button down then powering up tx.got ar8000 thru Amazon, but also tried a 2nd ar8000 I had in stock.

Comment

Binding with a Spektrum DX-9, holding the bind button down then powering up tx.got ar8000 thru Amazon, but also tried a 2nd ar8000 I had in stock.
                    AR8000 doesn't have a bind button. You need a bind plug for that receiver, and best if the remote that comes with it is plugged in too.

This REALLY doesn't belong in this thread. Maybe the mods will move it to the "Electronics" forum.

Comment

• I have The Freewing Vulcan 4S 70 mm sport jet and have been enjoying it since 8/3/2022. I now have 300 flights and I am noticing a loss of speed??? I fly on 1" manicured crab grass and right now it's growing fast and the 2" wheels make it tougher to get airborne.
                      However, I also notice a reduction of speed in the air. I have flown on 6 different batteries( 4S 4000 & 5000) and there doesn't seem to make a difference. I removed and cleaned the EDF assembly on my two jets and the other one, a Habu, flew much better. No change in the Vulcan and it was originally much faster than the Habu??
                      I'm wondering if it could be the Motor of ESC???
                      Any Suggestions?​

Comment

• How does the Vulcan compare with Freewing Avanti V2 .Not sure which one to buy .The Vulcan is a lot cheaper but is it better to spend a bit more a go for the Avanti V2 ?

Comment

• My maiden report from Sept 2021. They are different planes and I have kept both an Avanti and Vulcan in my hanger since each were released. The Avanti is a little bit country and the Vulcan a little bit rock and roll to quote an old song.

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          It flies well. I up’ed all the throws and put the ailerons on the outer hole of the servo and @130%. Also had it balanced 5mm behind book. My ailerons were too touchy..

But it flew great and really wrung it out. Bad day with lots of wind and turbulence but it’s good. Also flew the Avanti so I could compare… the Avanti flies nicer… but not much. It is quite fast and surprisingly quiet. Timer was set for 5 but I landed early during a break in the wind and still had 60% on a 5000.

Click image for larger version Name:	5EE63294-FA91-4F76-8E9D-C4568DF91166.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	190.7 KB ID:	323871

Comment

• Hi,

assembled today freewings Vulcan.
                            I am using a Multiplex Cockpit SX12 with RX-7-DR M-link receiver.
                            The egine is running, however all my servo's are dead when hooked up to the inboard Flightline box.
                            When I connect the servos directly to the transmitter they work. With Y-cables I could bypass the blue box.
                            Have not done it yet.
                            I looked today at some assembling videos on youtube, but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
                            My first question would be: Is this receiver working with the Vulcan.
                            Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

John

Comment

• All connectors connected including receiver retract male to male? Maybe all plugs upside down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                All connectors connected including receiver retract male to male? Maybe all plugs upside down?
                                Hi Evan,

Thanks for the advice. Completely forgot about the retract-to-receiver connector. After connecting it to my receiver all good.
                                However this makes me wonder...
                                Because all connectors, except the retract one, that go into the receiver are wired signal-only (no + and -), the retract connector is crucial for the power delivery to all servo's.
                                If during flight something goes wrong with this connector all servos will be dead.
                                Hence my concern.
                                Is not it better to bypass the blue box completely and connect the servos directly to the receiver?
                                Safety/redundancy wise spoken

Thanks for your time
                                Looking forward to taking this bird up in the sky

John

Comment

• There are many thousands of planes with the various blue boxes flying no issue but if you are concerned this is one plane that really has no use for it as there are no lights or sequenced gear.

Comment

• Thanks Evan,

highly appreciate your advice on this 👍
                                    Won't bypass the bluebox and also setup throws as adviced in the manual
                                    Waiting now for good weather in my freetime to take her up into the sky😎

John

Comment

Working...
                                    X