Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing Vulcan 70mm EDF Jet Thread

Vulcan High Performance 70mm EDF Sport Jet from Freewing
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	216 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	321817

Introducing Freewing's latest sport jet, the Vulcan 70! Envisioned as a multi-role aircraft for both novice and expert pilots alike, the Vulcan 70 is optimized to deliver the best all-around performance in an economical and everyday flier. Fine-tune every maneuver in the book with the Vulcan 70's precise handling, high power 6S inrunner powerplant, grass-friendly landing gear, and a high visibility scheme that stands out on the flight line at your local RC flying field.
    Sky High Performance

Powered by Freewing's popular 70mm 6S inrunner system, the Vulcan 70 Pro version sports near unlimited vertical climbing capability, aggressive acceleration, and top speeds above 100mph/160kph!
    Daily Flyer

Perfectly sized for everyday flying, the Vulcan 70 delivers the flight stability of a larger-sized model and even fits the common 6S 4000-5000+mAh LiPo batteries used in larger 80mm-90mm EDF jets. While all flight surfaces are easily removable with screws, the Freewing Vulcan 70 is sized to conveniently fit in the backseat of a sedan without any disassembly.
    Computer Optimized

Drawing upon over a decade of EDF jet design experience including popular sport jets like the Stinger 90 and Avanti S, the Freewing Vulcan 70 Pro's design was optimized to be the "latest and greatest" in EDF sport jet design. Powerful, efficient, lightweight, and economical the Vulcan 70's shape was fine tuned with computer-aided simulations for airflow and drag, resulting in a sport jet that sets a new standard moving forward into the next decade.
    Inrunner Power System

The pre-upgraded inrunner power system draws upon its required 6S LiPo battery to propel the Freewing Vulcan 70 Pro to speeds above 100mph. Efficient power delivery and thermal management are hallmarks of this popular EDF powerplant, which is also used in models such as the Freewing F-35 Lightning and Hawk T1.
    Full Suspension Struts

This Pro version arrives with pre-installed full-suspension struts, including mid-travel trailing link main struts for uneven terrain. Soak up rough landings on pavement or short grass runways with these durable all-metal struts and metal reinforced retractable landing gear units.
    Nylon Hinged Flaps

The Vulcan 70 Pro's flaps each feature three nylon hinges to ensure uniform alignment and consistent, bind-free deployment. These deep angle flaps help slown down landing approaches or show-stopping "low and slow" passes over the runway during your sport flying routine.
    Grass Friendly

Operate on short grass fields with confidence! With reinforced landing gear mounts as part of a computer-designed force distribution network, the Freewing Vulcan 70's undercarriage absorbs impacts and side loads better than any other jet in its class.
    Plug And Play

A generous electronics bay is housed under the plastic canopy with adequate space for a range of battery sizes and your receiver of choice. A flat platform is also designed for the placement of a gyro or a gyro-equipped receiver.
    Multi-Role Sport Jet

Freewing's latest sport jet delivers the widest flight envelope in its class. With its tuned wing loading and power system, enjoy flying with the precision of a sport jet, the ease of a trainer, and the speed of a powerhouse. Our team developed the Vulcan 70 to offer both an approachable trainer for first time EDF jet pilots, while still offering veteran Avanti or Stinger 90 pilots an aircraft that brings something new to the hangar.
    Power Up!

Share the thrill of RC electric sport jet flying with the Freewing Vulcan 70!
    Features:
    • Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
    • 115mph airspeed on the stock 2957-2210Kv brushless inrunner and 6S 4000mAh battery
    • Optimized ducting that eliminates the need for a cheater hole
    • Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation
    • Removable wings with quick-disconnect plug
    • 1050mm wingspan and 1180mm length
    • Magnetic removable nose cone with a plastic cap for durability
    Requires:

Flight with commentary:

Flight at the beginning without commentary
    reserved

Comment

Nice one guys. Sport jet in 70mm form factor will keep the guys in the warehouse busy.

Battery bay looks generous for a 70 and EDF sitting quite aft - nice design touch that gives flexible CG options. Be a good candidate for some li-ion packs.

And a new SKU for the struts by the looks of it?

Comment

nice work guys..out of stock already, thats says something 👍

Comment

Does that mean the $299 price goes away being it's sold out?

Comment

Not quite what I had in mind when I suggested a Vulcan for the next offering.

Comment

Saved for future commentary.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Very nice sport jet I am sure they will sell a lot of them. Little disappointed hoping for a new war bird, but as Alpha says something for everyone. I am sure there are more new products coming.

Comment

Great addition, good size, good price point, should sell very well.

Comment

Looks well suited for grass ops.

Comment

Yeah, with shorter trailing link gearno cheater holes on the bottom it might be ideal for the dirt roads I often fly from too. A bush jet!

Comment

Its in stock they just had to get it all in the computer

Comment

This is probably a "filler". There's something outstanding ready to roll soon............

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                            Not quite what I had in mind when I suggested a Vulcan for the next offering.
                            I know right! 😉

Comment

Having modified my rebel with similar suspension and 6 s in-runner I will pass on this but it is good to see a well thought out flying model.to rival the viper jet but with grass friendly gear. No doubt the rebel will be discontinued before long. Also I prefer the look of my Avanti S but then it depends on the depth of your pockets and we all need deeper ones at the moment !!!!
                              In the blurb it says 5 channel rx, min, should it not say 6, ailerons, elevator, throttle, rudder, gear, flaps .adds up to 6.

Comment

Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                Having modified my rebel with similar suspension and 6 s in-runner I will pass on this but it is good to see a well thought out flying model.to rival the viper jet but with grass friendly gear. No doubt the rebel will be discontinued before long. Also I prefer the look of my Avanti S but then it depends on the depth of your pockets and we all need deeper ones at the moment !!!!
                                In the blurb it says 5 channel rx, min, should it not say 6, ailerons, elevator, throttle, rudder, gear, flaps .adds up to 6.
                                Flaps optional? Or tied to gear channel?

Comment

Well after 8 plus months of waiting for freewing release, there she is. I will take a pass. all my best.
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Or just a typo...

I have to say if you compare this to the 70mm or 80mm Avanti it has some very good points at a good price (the $299 "sale" price). When I ask people on line or at my field why even consider the 70mm Avanti over the 80mm FreeWing Avanti every reason (except one) is negated by this plane. The one not negated is the surprising reason that a lot of people simply don't know that Motion or FreeWing exist.

Comment

Flaps servos included in specs, need 1/2 flaps for grass take off so flap/gear link wont work. I think somebody forgot to count the throttle channel to make the six. I am sure James will see this and reply

Comment

I think I will convert the nose section of my Avanti to get an 80mm Vulcan sport jet

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF4F7FCC-9A18-472C-98BF-6EEAB45976E7.jpeg
Views:	2887
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	321914

Comment

Working...
                                        X