X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I have no idea how MRC's ranking algorithm works (or even if it's anything but pure marketing), but the Vulcan comes in #2 in the best selling list, and fairly high in "top trending" for RC jets.
    It's not marketing, it's legit and goes by a 90 day period (90 days from each day). The Vulcan has been selling great as its a solid aircraft at a good price that nearly any pilot at any level can enjoy. And trending goes by product page views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
      Here’s a quick update on my Vulcan. Waiting on Callie before I can finish the paint on wings and tail. Ignore the messy garage.
      Looking really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

It's not marketing, it's legit and goes by a 90 day period (90 days from each day). The Vulcan has been selling great as its a solid aircraft at a good price that nearly any pilot at any level can enjoy. And trending goes by product page views.
        I look upon spin and win as entertainment, it brightens up the day, its nice if you win but I always assume I won`t, a bit like the lottery really but with better odds

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Very good. I'll probably get one for myself when I free up some room in my basement (42 models in there right now, soon to be 43 when the F-14 arrives later today).

Comment

• hello: decent work guys.out of stock as of now that is says something: nether portal calculator

Comment

• Someone wrote to me that his Vulcan had a slightly different size rear end than the one I created the nozzles for, so I designed a slightly bigger one to fit his plane. It's #5b in the set on Thingiverse, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Nozzles for the Freewing 70mm Vulcan sport jet. Set printing parameters as needed for weight distribution. Nozzles designated "b" are 1mm larger in diameter to better fit some fuselages.

(I don't have a Vulcan of my own so I made these according to dimensions people sent me).

Comment

• it looks like a nice upgraded Rebel with a better colour scheme, my rebel runs a 6s lipo with a wemotec fan, it flys great as im sure this new jet will

Comment

• Finished the repaint on the Vulcan. Thanks Kallend for the nozzle! Shooting for maiden next weekend
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finished the repaint on the Vulcan. Thanks Kallend for the nozzle! Shooting for maiden next weekend
                    Very Nice colour scheme with great graphics and colour balance.

Comment

• I like it!

Comment

• Just got an email announcing the new Vulcan 4S. Looking forward to some video of this plane. 4S power is a great idea. Not everyone wants to make the move to 6S especially when there are plenty of examples of 4S designs pulling off very capable higher performance flight. Good move by Freewing.

Comment

• Sky5900 - Flew great today! I'll have some footage to share on our Friday live show. After flying the 6s, I was definitely expecting a slower model, but was pleasantly surprised at how quick it still was and the verticals I was able to get. This version is really a perfect 1st/trainer EDF.

Comment

Finished the repaint on the Vulcan. Thanks Kallend for the nozzle! Shooting for maiden next weekend
                            You're welcome.

Comment

• ​​​Hello all!

I had received a Vulcan for my b-day (today) from my incredible family, and being at a mile up in altitude I wanted to improve the performance but still be able to transfer it (college student) in the box (no external parts), so I spent far too long making an inlet duct splitter! Essentially it goes over the stock splitter (seen when you take the wing off) and it should improve airflow to the EDF. I put one in my 90mm F-22 and there was a very noticeable performance increase so I'm hoping this one goes well!

I'm attaching the stl as well as the link to my thingiverse as it's my first published thing on there! It requires no raft/brim or supports (if printed with "top" side on print bed), and any settings work fine. On standard, it took me about 3 hours to print. I hope others who print this out enjoy it and that my 4-hour fusion 360 binge helped not only myself!

An inlet duct splitter for the Freewing Vulcan. Great performance increase with very low weight cost. Feel free to print on any setting you prefer. Supports unnecessary (if you print it with the top on bottom). Around a 3 hour print, give or take settings. Installation is easy. The "Top" goes towards the top of the aircraft, and the whole part fits around the old splitter with ample space for glue. I used foamtac with no issues. I hope this helps!

Thank you all for your consideration and attention!
                              -Chris

(also I still need to maiden it. It's my first sport jet, and I've been flying scale for 7 years, but I love it so much already)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6180[3433].jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	330308Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	330309

Comment

• At 70 flights on mine I have had to do my first "maintenance" item. The set screws on the mains needed tightening... Love this plane.

Comment

• Is the Freewing 3 Axis Flight Stabilizer / Gyro with my Futaba Fasst a good way to go for seamless setup and reliability in the Vulcan? I guess you can't use Sbus with this gyro...

Comment

• I don't use many gyros but I do have this in a few planes. It came stock in my 90mm F-104, The one in my first F-104 (yeah, I know) is in my 1600 Spitfire (reduce the tail wag) and another is in my Hobby King 1700 FW-109 (tail wag) and another in my 70mm Yak-130 (tail wag).

It is a great, simple gyro that you can adjust each axis individually or turn it off. It also has two outputs for ail, ele, and rud to save on Y's.

As far as the Vulcan... well, after 70+ flights I have to say if you need a gyro this fits the bill but the Vulcan is very stable and really doesn't need a gyro.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DaFlyingSnek;n330306]​​​Hello all!

I had received a Vulcan for my b-day (today) from my incredible family, and being at a mile up in altitude I wanted to improve the performance but still be able to transfer it (college student) in the box (no external parts), so I spent far too long making an inlet duct splitter! Essentially it goes over the stock splitter (seen when you take the wing off) and it should improve airflow to the EDF. I put one in my 90mm F-22 and there was a very noticeable performance increase so I'm hoping this one goes well!

I suppose you will not know how well it works unless you fly it stock first

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                        I suppose you will not know how well it works unless you fly it stock first
                                        Yeah tooootallly did that. Definitely didn't put it on and maiden it with it ;)

In all reality, I know some guys with Vulcans so I'll compare them

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post
                                          ​​​Hello all!

I'm attaching the stl as well as the link to my thingiverse as it's my first published thing on there! It requires no raft/brim or supports (if printed with "top" side on print bed), and any settings work fine. On standard, it took me about 3 hours to print. I hope others who print this out enjoy it and that my 4-hour fusion 360 binge helped not only myself!

An inlet duct splitter for the Freewing Vulcan. Great performance increase with very low weight cost. Feel free to print on any setting you prefer. Supports unnecessary (if you print it with the top on bottom). Around a 3 hour print, give or take settings. Installation is easy. The "Top" goes towards the top of the aircraft, and the whole part fits around the old splitter with ample space for glue. I used foamtac with no issues. I hope this helps!

Thank you all for your consideration and attention!
                                          -Chris

(also I still need to maiden it. It's my first sport jet, and I've been flying scale for 7 years, but I love it so much already)

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6180[3433].jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	330308Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	330309
                                          Interesting. I fly mine stock in Denver and it has no issues with performance. After about a dozen flights now, I'm loving it more and more. Can't think of anything with better performance for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                          X