Clear All

• Official Freewing 64mm F-16 EDF Jet PNP Thread

F-16 64mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ11111P

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	2834
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	348934

The mighty F-16 has finally come to Freewing's 64mm class of EDF jets. The clean lines, classic profile, and scale details are all captured in this exceptional 64mm EDF Jet F-16C Fighting Falcon from Freewing Models. Simplicity and durability were major design factors with this model. The airframe has been refined with a simplified control and gear structure that reduces the overall weight and wing load. The ailerons and elevators are joined by two servos for a flying delta configuration. An updated V2 40A ESC includes a reverse thrust function to help slow the jet on the landing roll out. Quality electronic components come pre-installed so you can be in the air in less then one hour.

Features:
    • NEW! 40 Amp V2 Electronic Speed Control has reverse thrust functionality
    • NEW! Ailerons and elevators are joined by two servos for a flying delta configuration
    • Comes with 12-Blade EDF with 2836-3300Kv Brushless Motor
    • 4S LiPo capability for High Performance Flight
    • Scale details including painted pilot and cockpit, panel lines and landing gear
    • 3x 9g digital gear servos come pre-installed
    Includes:
    • Freewing F-16 64mm EDF Jet - PNP
    • Servos, motor, fan unit and ESC are all pre-installed
    Requires:
    • 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 4 Cell 14.8V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22004PROX6
    • 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
    Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1 Hour
    Model Scale 1/15 Scale
    Wingspan 680mm / 26.8in
    Length 1050mm / 41.3in
    Flying Weight 730g (without battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) 81mm from the leading edge of the wing root
    Power System 2836-3300Kv Brushless Motor
    Speed Control 40A, internal SBEC with XT60 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 64mm 12-Blade EDF
    Servos
    • 9g digital reverse gear with 100mm lead : nose steering - MD31091R-100
    • 9g digital standard gear with 100mm lead : ailerons, elevators - MD31091-100
    • 9g digital standard gear with 600mm lead : rudder - MD31091-600
    Landing Gear Fixed main landing gear, steerable nose gear.
    Required Battery 4S 14.8V 2200mAh with XT60 Connector
    Required Radio 4 Channel 2.4ghz radio
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

My group saw that drop at about 3pm eastern and we all like it... While only 4s it has the upgraded 12b fan unit. One of the newer 6S system would be great in it. No retracts and F-16's are easy to hand toss. Looks like a winner!

Comment

Yeah I was thinking it would make a nice belly lander! Love the upgraded 12B, should be fun to toss into the skies!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

While I am a big fan of Freewing 64mm jets, ( i have the 64mm F-22 and F-18) This F-16 is a little bit of a disappointment.
        1.I would have liked to see "scale" landing gear similar to the F-22 & F-18.instead of plain wire struts
        2.Also would have like to see full flying stabs on the elevators, again similar to the F-22 &F-18
        other than those two glaring items it looks great just like the 70mm F-16 Falcon,

Hopefully, Freewing will come out with 64mm F-15 and have scale landing gear and full flying stabs like the F-22 & F-18

Comment

This will appeal to a lot of people, people that don't care about either of your points (though FFS and retracts would have been nice but very costly additions). That a new plane can come out at $10 and $6 CHEAPER than those planes is a feat in these days of rising prices, well done FW and Motion.

And this has a rudder that the others don't

Originally posted by flyjets305 View Post
          While I am a big fan of Freewing 64mm jets, ( i have the 64mm F-22 and F-18) This F-16 is a little bit of a disappointment.
          1.I would have liked to see "scale" landing gear similar to the F-22 & F-18.instead of plain wire struts
          2.Also would have like to see full flying stabs on the elevators, again similar to the F-22 &F-18
          other than those two glaring items it looks great just like the 70mm F-16 Falcon,

Hopefully, Freewing will come out with 64mm F-15 and have scale landing gear and full flying stabs like the F-22 & F-18

Comment

I've had bad experience with belly landing other small f16s. The battery in the nose causes the nose to crack and eventually break the fuselage.

A twin64 F15 would definitely get my juices flowing.

​​​​​

Comment

Do you mean the intake lip? yes on many F-16's that had oversized, non scale intakes it has been a problem. Same with the F-8.

A twin 64mm F-15? It would be big, kinda like the "soon" to be released twin 50mm E-Flite F-14. Big plane. Way different target group for that...

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
              I've had bad experience with belly landing other small f16s. The battery in the nose causes the nose to crack and eventually break the fuselage.

​​​​​

Comment

LoL, YET ANOTHER F-16...

No full flying stab either...

Comment

If they did one side they'd have to do the other too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

​​​​​
                    Twin 64mm F-15 is already a reality, from Arrows Air, I have that plane also, its uses 6s batteries, its a great plane

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      This will appeal to a lot of people, people that don't care about either of your points (though FFS and retracts would have been nice but very costly additions). That a new plane can come out at $10 and $6 CHEAPER than those planes is a feat in these days of rising prices, well done FW and Motion.

And this has a rudder that the others don't

I didnt say retracts, I said FFS and "SCALE" like landing gear same as on the F-22 and F-18, It is nice that the motion came out at that price point, but the motor is a 3900kv as compared to the
                      F-22 & F18 3300kv. while adequate power they are a bit sluggish, so I replaced mine with FMS 3150kv motors, the performance difference was like a rocket ship

Comment

I know, I added retracts because I could care less about scale fixed gear. :)

Can you explain the kV/ motors you are talking about? The low power F-22 is a 5b 2627 4000kV on a 30A ESC. The high power is the same 12b 2836 3300kV on a 40A ESC as this F-16.

What has a 3900 and why would you say the 3300 is more sluggish than a lower kV 3150? Unless of course you are changing the fan too, which I assume you are. If you want the next step put in a 6S EDF from the Arrows Mig or F-15, those are awesomr.

Originally posted by flyjets305 View Post

I didnt say retracts, I said FFS and "SCALE" like landing gear same as on the F-22 and F-18, It is nice that the motion came out at that price point, but the motor is a 3900kv as compared to the
                        F-22 & F18 3300kv. while adequate power they are a bit sluggish, so I replaced mine with FMS 3150kv motors, the performance difference was like a rocket ship

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I know, I added retracts because I could care less about scale fixed gear. :)

Can you explain the kV/ motors you are talking about? The low power F-22 is a 5b 2627 4000kV on a 30A ESC. The high power is the same 12b 2836 3300kV on a 40A ESC as this F-16.

What has a 3900 and why would you say the 3300 is more sluggish than a lower kV 3150? Unless of course you are changing the fan too, which I assume you are. If you want the next step put in a 6S EDF from the Arrows Mig or F-15, those are awesomr.

the F-22 performance model is a 12b 3300kv it flew okay, but others suggested i put in the fms 11b 3150kv. ( I still cant get a straight answer regarding kv -so lets not go there lol AND I thought i saw it said 3900kv, they must have changed it or i misread it it now says 3300kv
                          but all I know is when I put the 3150vk 11b in the F-22 it was like a different plane, the verticals were going out of sight.
                          I as said I have the arrows twin 64mm 6s, and it is an awesome bird, .
                          I was suggesting that FW make a single 64mm F-15 4s just like the F-22, F-18 to keep in that under $200 price range

Comment

If it flys anything like the 70mm arctic camo one that I have .. I want one.. for 169 bucks it looks like a cool little plane that you can charge 3 or 4 4 cell battery’s in a half hour and go fly, not to worried about the scale features that no will even notice as your zipping across the Sky!!

Comment

Any video/review of this jet out there ? Looks interesting 🧐

Comment

Got one on the way. Can’t wait to get it to the field. The 64mm size should be a blast to sling around the sky. I especially like that it has a rudder, unlike some other 64mm offerings.

Comment

Got one coming today. Cannot wait to get it in the air as well. Rudder is life LOL, they need to keep the rudders on all of these planes with landing gear, so much fun to land in crosswinds. ;-)

Comment

Got mine in, unfortunately it'll be in a box for about 2 weeks before I can build and fly. Can't wait to see vids of how it fly, not a huge fan of the single servo for elevator and elevator but we shall see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220701_114934.jpg
Views:	1928
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	349474

Comment

Assembly was quick and easy. My only question is with the receiver installation. The kit came with one Y-connector which I assume is for the rudder/steering servos. However, there are two servo wires marked as Aileron and nothing for elevator? Plug one in channel 2 for aileron and the other in channel 3 for elevator? Is there a mix involved? I’m scratching my head on this one.

Comment

Enable elevons in your radio. One "aileron" plug in aileron and one in elevator on the receiver. You may need to reverse the servo direction or swap the plugs around to get the correct movement or if your radio has wing types of elevon A and elevon B try that to get directions correct.

Comment

Working...
                                        X