Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It flies nice. The stock CG point is horribly nose heavy (who would guess?). I have it 5/8” aft of the marks and it would be better even further aft. The full span ailerons work great. Tailerons are okay too. Flies well, super smooth landing. Unlimited vertical on 6s.

Comment

Did you land on grass or pavement? If grass, with or without landing gear? Did you fly with any kind of gyro/stabilizer? I can believe the unlimited vertical with 6S in a 64 mm jet.

I've been looking for a good jet that I can hand launch and land on grass, a jet that I can actually practice aerobatics with so it has to have a good rudder, and flies well with lots of power. The Banshee may be the plane I need.

Comment

Off pavement. No gyro. The Banshee may fit your needs, but I think the Stinger 64 does too.

Comment

I guess some things are screwed together but it looks like the servos are glued in? And is the fan bolted down? From your pics it looks like the foam just clamps it down.

Comment

Servos are glued. Fan is screwed.

remember, swapped the stock fan for a 6s set up. In the picture I posted I hadn’t screwed it down yet.

I disagree that the Avanti is tippy, some do have sloppy nose steering. This is not tippy but if you do tend to drag a tip you may want a steering gyro. I don’t have any kind of gyro in mine and even in the crosswind we’ve had lately I have yet to touch a wing tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              The F-16 has a different motor and fan surprisingly. My F-16 is also converted to 6S, same as the Banshee now. I also added two servos to have separate ailerons and elevators. Love the F-16.
              Evan,

Which 6S units are you using?

Comment

Oops, looks like I lightly touch a wing tip today...

John, Arrows Mig29 one. I have the other "spare" in the new FW F-16. Turns both into rocket ships.

Sure would be nice if FW had some optional mini retract units for these.

Comment

Hasn’t been difficult for me. But we all have different colors we see better.

Originally posted by Drav8r View Post
                  Is it difficult to see in flight?

Comment

My Avanti does have a sloppy nose wheel and I can't see any way to tighten it up more. But maybe it's the mains also, they're not as solid as I'd like. I recycled all 3 from a crashed predecessor so maybe I just need to invest in a whole new set. That all definitely adds to the tippiness (if that's even a word.) But it is definitely tippy.

I also fly an eflite Havoc 80 and in comparison that plane makes the Avanti look bad. It takes a lot to make the Havoc drag a wing, don't think I ever have but the Avanti ... wingtip drag city if you're not extremely careful. But with the slop in the wheels, I often have to over correct to keep it on the runway and then over it goes. I do my jet flying at the Johnson County airport in Mountain City, TN and they have a nice 75' wide runway but it's still not enough sometimes. :) One other thing I just thought of. I fly the Avanti with 2, 4500 25C 6S roaring top batteries stacked one on top of the other. I get 7+ minutes of flight time. The extra weight up high would make it more prone to tipping.

Comment

Okay but while the Banshee may look a bit like the Avanti it's not and isn't tippy in my opinion. It's not a Havok either, or an A-4, or a T-33...

Do you have a nose wheel brace on your Avanti? it helps.

Comment

yep. Nose wheel brace on both the Avanti and the Havoc. Really helps if you get into the grass. Banshee is looking like a pretty good little jet. It's on my "gotta get one" list along with the Black Horse Viper but the Viper is just a couple of bucks more expensive so I think I'll be flying a Banshee long before the Viper.

btw, nice bike.

Comment

Thanks! I have 26 flights on it now and all my little tweaks ironed out. Really nice flying absolute screamer how I have it. Not going to fly it tomorrow to give other planes some flight time…

Comment

Finally flew mine. First time trying edf after being in RC for many years. All I can say is wow! Super fun. Flew perfectly with no trim required!

Comment

When performing the ESC/Radio Calibration (step 2) does the throttle trim have to be moved or in a position other than center ? My ESC will not calibrate to my Spektrum radio .... I never get the long beep as noted in the last step. Perhaps I got a bad ESC ?

Comment

I keep my throttle trim centered. After cal you may have to reduce trim or even sub trim to get the ESC to bind. Then re cal it with the trims centered..

Comment

More important do you have the reversing wire plugged in? It won’t work unless you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    More important do you have the reversing wire plugged in? It won’t work unless you do.
                                    Thank you very much Evan .... that was the problem !!!

I purchased the Banshee strictly as a hand launch plane so I could fly it at the clubs I belong to where they keep the grass on the high side. Figured I didn't need to plug the reversing wire in since I removed the landing gear and all my landings will be belly landings in the grass.

Thanks again !

Comment

What happen to Alpha, hope the Covid didnt get him

Comment

The banshee doesn’t have a steerable nose wheel does it ?

Comment

It does.

Comment

Working...
                                          X