Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing F9F-8 Cougar 80mm EDF Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing F9F-8 Cougar 80mm EDF Jet Thread

F9F-8 Cougar Super Scale 80mm EDF with Gyro from Freewing - PNP & ARF+ -
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3731
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	376776

​The Grumman F9F/F-9 Cougar is a carrier-based fighter aircraft for the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps. Based on Grumman's earlier F9F Panther, the Cougar replaced the Panther's straight wing with a more modern swept wing. Thrust was also increased with the installation of a newer, more powerful engine.

The Freewing F9F-8 Cougar is a next-gen 80mm EDF jet loaded with amenities and details normally reserved for 90mm class jets. This PNP version of the Cougar includes an E52 gyro, ultra-scale CNC landing gear, quick disconnect wings, thrust-reversing ESC, newly designed 12B EDF, scale LED light package, and a new powerful inrunner motor all coming together for a terrific new generation 80mm EDF jet brought to you by Freewing and Motion RC.

Visit the Official Freewing F9F-8 Cougar Super Scale 80mm EDF with E52 Gyro Product Page here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...o-pnp-fj22011p
    Quick-Install/Release Wings

The Freewing F9F Cougar PNP includes a screwless quick-release wing design that makes field assembly quick and easy.
    Super-Scale CNC-machined Landing Gear

The Freewing F9F Cougar comes with the most scale CNC-machined gear ever produced in the 80mm class, accentuating the scale details you will find throughout the model.
    Powerful Performer

With the 3658-2150Kv 80mm inrunner motor the F9F Cougar has the power and performance to take you to the type of heights you desire in a new gen EDF jet.
    E52 Gyro Pre-Installed (PNP Only)

For the PNP version, an E52 gyro is pre-installed for your convenience. Tackle the skies with the added insuarance a quality gyro can offer you.
    6 LED Lights with Controller

The Cougar comes pre-installed with 6 scale LED lights with controller so you can configure your lighting the way you prefer.
    Newly Designed 12-Blade

A newly designed 12-Blade EDF was developed for efficiency, improving performance with the smooth jet whine you've come to enjoy in modern EDF jets.
    Features:
    • NEW! E52 gyro included in the PNP version
    • NEW! Quick-Install/Release wings make assembly at the field quick and easy
    • NEW! New, super-scale CNC-machined and painted landing gear (First 80mm jet with ultra scale landing gear)
    • NEW! 90mm detail level in an 80mm jet - Highly scale details are included on this 80mm jet that are normally reserved for 90mm jets
    • NEW! A more powerful 3658-2150Kv 80mm inrunner motor
    • NEW! A newly designed 12-Blade EDF for better thrust, sound, and efficiency
    • Fully enclosed servo operated landing gear doors
    • 10 metal gear servos (the most of any 80mm jet)
    • 6 scale LED lights with LED light controller
    • 100A Thrust reversing ESC with 7A BEC
    Includes:
    • Freewing F9F-8 Cougar Super Scale 80mm EDF with Gyro - PNP
    • Servos, motor, ESC pre-installed
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1 Hour
    Scale 1/10
    Wingspan 1050mm / 41.3in
    Length 1436mm / 56.5in
    Flying Weight ~2420g / 85.3oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 106mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
    Power System 3658-2150Kv Brushless Inrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 100A ESC with EC5 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 80mm EDF with 12-Blade Fan
    Servos
    • 9g digital metal gear standard with 200mm lead : right gear door, left flap, right flap - MD31093-200
    • 9g digital metal gear reverse with 200mm lead : left gear door - MD31093R-200
    • 9g digital hybrid metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron, rudder - MD31093-300
    • 9g digital hybrid metal gear standard with 400mm lead : left elevator, nose gear steering - MD31093-400
    • 9g digital hybrid metal gear reverse with 400mm lead : right elevator - MD31093R-400
    Landing Gear Super-scale CNC-machined and painted landing gear
    Required Battery 6S 22.2V 4000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
    Required Radio 7+ Channel
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights Yes
    Hinge Type Nylon
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

I'm in ! Thank you MRC! This is a dream come true. I'm one of the guys that have been begging and whining for this plane for several years. Bravo Zulu !
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

WHEN???

Comment

I'll need a second canopy for fpv gear. I've been waiting for this since I started back into edfs.

Comment

YES...its about time

Comment

Home run boys! Home Run!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Was hopeing 4 zero o well,,, not really familiar with f9f but love the look and scheme,, gota say the 4 or 4and half min flight times sound good.. according to wesley .. 3 mins on some jets not enuf 4 me.. and those clip on wing r an awsome idea.. so after retiring my mig 17 ,, this could b the next reason to get just one more plane,, looks bit similar!,, till that zero comes

Comment

I would have like the clip on wing releases to be on the bottom of the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I would have like the clip on wing releases to be on the bottom of the wing.
                  Wonder why they would put that on top like that, bottom would have been better as for looks, no big deal, look at us complaining already, I have moved on into the 120mm EDF jets now so this will be another one I pass on, but it does look very nice and scale and seems to have great performance, a lot of guys have been asking for this one for sure and its finally here, looks great and the sound is really good to. Good job Freewing but can you start designing some 120mm size EDF's next.....

Comment

Glad To See Another New EDF Release In A Larger Size.

Keep 'em coming, MotionRC.

Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Great to see a new release of a Cold War era jet.
                      I’m going to need one of these!

Comment

The cold war was '47 to '91 so there are a lot of choices.

Comment

According to the video the ESC is capable of reverse thrust. I was looking at the manual and I see nothing on how to implemented it. Plan to use an 8 channel Spektrum receiver, AR8020T. How is it done is it similar to the AVIAN ESC's? Do I need a ESC programming card.

Comment

Answered in the other spot.

Comment

Finally.......... been a long wait..... on order and waiting for delivery.

Comment

I presume that the 100A Thrust reversing ESC with 7A BEC can be used on any 80mm-90mm EDF?

The TR feature could come in real handy on my Hornet.

Inquisitively, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Yes! One of my favorites! On order, awaiting delivery.
                                  Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

On repair bench: ASM F7F Tigercat, GP Ryan STA-M, BH P-40C Tigershark

Building HK 60cc T-6 Texan, VQ P-82 Twin Mustang

Comment

On order. Now do a Panther

Comment

Join us Tuesday May 9th at 12pm EST Live on YouTube for an unboxing, assembly, more flight footage and Q&A. It will be at this link:

Comment

Ordered. I hope Tuesday's video has more info on gyro set-up.

Comment

Working...
                                        X