First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbaumer
    replied
    Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    On the Mig-21 thread on RCG I saw where someone added some small block's of wood under the nose gear mounting flanges to give it a little more positive incidence. They claim it makes a difference getting off of grass. You might want to look into it. I use half flaps and yes it takes a good distance to get airborne.
    For anyone having difficulty on grass fields I can attest to the effectiveness of this method. I printed up some shims on a 3d printer, at about 5mm thick, which increased the incidence about 1 degree. It created no issues with the gear operation, and I took off in about half the distance of my previous best effort under similar conditions. You do need to get some longer screws, #4 x 3/4" phillips flat heads did the trick.

Not that it's any great feat of engineering, but if anyone is interested in the .stl file for 3D printing, drop me a private message.

Leave a comment:

• RAPHAEL_CINTRA
    replied
    Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
    unless you are carrying it on a motor bike the wings will be the least of your problems its not very wide at all, the length will be the problem(never thought I would ever say that in public:)
    :):):)
    It´s not a motor bike but my car is so small that is almost a Harley ....
    Regarding the length , no big deal actually, the jet will go in the passanger seat as usual..

Wings still a concern.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jay bennett
    replied
    unless you are carrying it on a motor bike the wings will be the least of your problems its not very wide at all, the length will be the problem(never thought I would ever say that in public:)

Leave a comment:

• RAPHAEL_CINTRA
    replied
    Good morning to all,
    I order my Mig21 today (will take some time to arrive) and it´s seems dificult to disassemble the wings for a easier transportation (it´s really very dificult to disassemble?); so i´m planning to use a MPX conector (cutting the servo wires) and conect both sides inside the fuselage (opening the window below the plane , where is possible to acess the ESC, conect the wires and close everytime)...my question is if it´s possible to pass the conector throug the fuselage hole normally where the servos wire are inserted?
    I can also glue the MPX conector on the fuselage and on the wing but specially the wing servos, will need to be cut very short and honestly i don´t want in case something wron i´ll need to change the servos.
    Thank you guys!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sky Wolf
    replied
    Got the opportunity to see my first Freewing Mig-21 up close and in the sky. Here's a video of it.

Leave a comment:

• Evoman
    replied
    If any one is interested in getting to know the fishbed better from the pilots seat what better way than through a flight simulator when your not at the airfield.
    I have found that the DCS simulator a great way to become more familiar with a particular aircraft's capabilities and limitations with out risking your own RC plane.
    DCS is free to download and it includes an Su-25T and TF-51D. But additional aircraft can be bought and added and one of which is the Mig-21bis.
    The main reason I am mentioning it now is because there is currently a 50% off summer sale going on till July 24.
    So if you have a PC that meets the minimum requirements specs I highly recommend it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ules/mig21bis/

Leave a comment:

• racerx600rr
    replied
    She's definitely quick but I think the F-5 might have it beat, just because she's a smaller framed girl ;)

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    How fast do you think the MIG is? My buddy thinks it is the fastest 80mm he has seen so far on a stock setup... I was flying in 15 mph plus from the north, so the downwind passes were smoking!!
    Well over 100mph. Not sure what happened with the guy above but it is in the 110mph range easy. It is super quick!

Leave a comment:

• jay bennett
    replied
    not as fast as you may think my stinger 90 was way faster I doubt the mig was near 90 mph mine wont get up speed unless its in a dive

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    How fast do you think the MIG is? My buddy thinks it is the fastest 80mm he has seen so far on a stock setup... I was flying in 15 mph plus from the north, so the downwind passes were smoking!!

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Even on a paved runway with half flaps, I have had to give her a hard bump of up elevator to break the nose wheel off the ground.... And it is not nose heavy at all. CG is spot on...

Leave a comment:

• RCjetdude
    replied
    On the Mig-21 thread on RCG I saw where someone added some small block's of wood under the nose gear mounting flanges to give it a little more positive incidence. They claim it makes a difference getting off of grass. You might want to look into it. I use half flaps and yes it takes a good distance to get airborne.

Leave a comment:

• bbaumer
    replied
    Hey fellas, was out out the field today ( grass ) and had an extremely difficult time getting this into the air, are you guys half full or no flapping this thing into the air? I've had it up before, but had a nice headwind, today was calm and it felt glued to the ground. Field is well manicured and smooth, another pilot with the Meteor and A10 has no problem getting up though.

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    I use this on almost every warbird and EDF. Full throws on everything, and then 45% Aileron, 60-65 Elevator, depends on the airframe, and 20% rudder, unless the ground handling is very sensitive, then go up from there, It works for me. Some guys say the elevator is too mushy in the corners, but you don't stall the tail with up stick.... And if you want to go crazy, or need more up, just pull!!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    I'm flying mine on low rates with 30% expo on everything.

Leave a comment:

• hotdogx
    replied
    Just finished assembling my Mig-21. What expo settings are you guys using? Manual calls for none but I know at least the ailerons will need some.

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by bbaumer View Post

looks great, I wonder why this plane gets so many custom schemes? Probably because so many are available I suppose.
    Introduced in 1959 and used by 60 countries and in production practically for- ev- er.....
    you could purchase one if you had a couple hundred thousand and a good mechanic! :Silly:
    There was one parked with the gen aviation planes at Rickenbacker for a few months, I saw it four times a day!

Leave a comment:

• bbaumer
    replied
    I have had this done since February, but I thought I would post a pic of the North Vietnamese camo. I like how it turned out, but like the way it flies even better. Did the maiden in 15 mph gusting, but it was exactly up and down the runway! :-) Love the plane! The downwind passes were fast! LOL
    looks great, I wonder why this plane gets so many custom schemes? Probably because so many are available I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Wolf
    replied
    I painted it!! One little patch at a time. LOL Thank you so much! It took about two days of work a while, have a beer, repeat as necessary!! I used Tamiya acrylics and an airbrush.
    My hat's off to ya! Great job!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    I painted it!! One little patch at a time. LOL Thank you so much! It took about two days of work a while, have a beer, repeat as necessary!! I used Tamiya acrylics and an airbrush.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X