X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPC View Post
    Hi....Based I'm what I'm reading, it looks like you guys really like the V2 F-16. I'm an experienced prop warbird flyer and I'm now considering the V2 F-16 for my first EDF.

Can I please get your advice on the choosing between the 4s or 6s version. Although airframe & battery price is a consideration, I'm not as much interested in blazing speed as I am in overall "friendly" scale flight performance. i.e.

1. Does the lighter weight of the 4s pack significantly reduce flight times?

2. Does it allow for shorter take offs and slower landings.?

Or should I consider another scale jet for my first EDF........F-86?

Thanks....RPC....
    The first EDF I got was the Stinger 64. Belly lands nicely and can give good practice for flaring with EDFs from my experience. I'm using it to practice before I maiden my F-16. I transitioned straight from an E-Flite Apprentice to the Stinger 64 with no problem. Others have said it's not floaty enough to have as a first EDF but my experience with it has been great. Durable construction and easy to assemble. Just my thoughts, but I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject.

Comment

• Sure do wish the Arctic camo version was available. Slick. I now have just about everything in place: strut mod package, weapons, Lemon Pro stab combo, wireless lights, 2200kv 14blade with 125 amp esc from edfhobbies. Now all I need to do is order the Arf+ and I'll be in high cotton. LOL
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Sure do wish the Arctic camo version was available. Slick. I now have just about everything in place: strut mod package, weapons, Lemon Pro stab combo, wireless lights, 2200kv 14blade with 125 amp esc from edfhobbies. Now all I need to do is order the Arf+ and I'll be in high cotton. LOL
        I am actually thinking of painting mine the blue color....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16-Aggressor-Nellis-AFB.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	78880

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Got my upgraded struts locked and loaded...Just waiting to fly her after work. Feels much better taxi'ng around.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I am actually thinking of painting mine the blue color....

Name:	F-16-Aggressor-Nellis-AFB.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	78880
            I love it. Similar to how I did the blue tan camo Mig-21. Great idea.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I love the blue camo look...... I went with the newer splinter type, but I like the colors on the original better

Comment

• That looks sweet dusmmdb...
                Took mine out but the landing suffered terribly from distraction thanks to some folks that rolled up the runway and starting talking to me while I was trying to land. :Angry:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Wow, nice vid Aros. that thing looks like it tracks on rails! Might have to consider it for the hangar LOL
                  Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• Thanks! Oh yes, the only thing that flies even more like it's on rails is the Avanti S. But both are outstanding models. So crisp, clean and smooth to fly. I would swear both have built-in gyros. :)
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks!!

watching your video brings back memories....I lived in Portland for 10 years and that was how we typically flew....off a street by a field

of course ...with the beautiful green scenery

Comment

• I got a lot of good flights on sunday. I only recorded a couple though so here you go...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Like a squirrel, I've been gathering all the components needed for this plane. So today I finally ordered the Arf+ . Could not hold out for an Artic Camo livery. I'd be waiting for the cows to come home. In normal MRC fashion, the plane will probably arrive in a couple of days . If all goes according to Hoyle, I'll maiden this weekend along with my new twin 80mmn A-10. Looking forward to having a speed wagon like the F5

Comment

• Just paint that sucker arctic!! Actually a pretty easy paint job to pull off........

I did the top half of my HSD 16 in arctic the other day... took just a few hours

Comment

• Here is a pic..... ordered the markings from Callie, taped up the tail and canopy.... then sprayed right over the stock paint and markings

Comment

• What paint did you use? In rattle can? Looks good !

Looked at Callie's offerings . Is this plane 1/15th scale? Looked like she has two stock versions

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  What paint did you use? In rattle can? Looks good !

Looked at Callie's offerings . Is this plane 1/15th scale? Looked like she has two stock versions
                                  Rattle can is an easy option. She's actually 1/12th scale.

Comment

• I used rattle cans and detail brushes for the touch ups on mine...

Name:	fin2.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	81159
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Black and white? Krylon?

Comment

• I used flat white, flat black and flat grey. Any hardware selling enamel rattle can brand will work. When I was all done I hit it with mini wax poly satin.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well what have we here? :)

Freewing F-16 V3 Aggressor Arctic Camo High Performance 70mm EDF Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21125P Version Info: This is the High Performance V3 version which comes with a 2957-2210Kv Inrunner motor, 80A ESC thrust reverse function, upgraded Shock-Absorbing struts, 70mm 12 blade EDF and several other upgrades (see f
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X