Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size wise this F16 is a better partner than the 90mm version for the F15.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170201_142938.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	72256
      Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
      yes those little thingys on nerf footballs that make the whistling sound that most GE engines make such as the f16 f15 and many other jets. sounds pretty cool.

hey if i already glued the virtical stab this means im too late for adding an afterburner??
      It's not too late for the A/B ring. I did a detailed install in the F-16 mod thread in RCG.

​​​​​https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...read-build-log

Comment

• That looks great!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey be sure to have your volume button handy because it gets a little loud.

Comment

• That is really cool! Ingenious actually!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks aros. The f16 is iconic with this sound.

Comment

• dusmmdb thank you absolutely so much. on my way to purchase the led ring hopefully they are available.....

also when will the missile set be available on motion? i know that castle has them but itll be over $50 and at this point i think ill just make my own.

update:

fan jet usa has them in stock (rc lander 3 color) i have installed these on my mirage 80mm. again thank you.

Comment

• Do you have any videos of the F-16 in flight with the howlers?

Comment

• Also, have any of you successfully set up flaperons before or on the F-16? I've been trying but when I use the flap switch one aileron goes up and one goes down.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
                      Also, have any of you successfully set up flaperons before or on the F-16? I've been trying but when I use the flap switch one aileron goes up and one goes down.
                      ​​​​​​
                      I haven't ,but you need to bypass the board and use a 7 or 8 channel receiver with the airerons using separate channels

Comment

• Mine is ready for maiden and sporting custom graphics from Callie. Stupid windy today when we got out to the field though and so decided to hold off for a slightly calmer day.

Comment

• I maidened mine today.... what a nightmare.... it was all over the sky.. basically a take off and 3 minutes of trying to get it down... trimmed all the way left and still had to hold the stick about 40% over to keep her level.

not sure what was up...

but...got her down and will check everything tonight and try again tomorrow

Comment

• Dusmmdb, I really like your Israeli schemes. Nicely done!

Here are some brainstorm ideas to try, among others:

Check your stabs to ensure they're equal and not inducing a roll. Also check that the ailerons servos' throw are equal to each other. Same for elevator. CG is proven from thousands of customers flying successfully so that shouldn't be a factor assuming you've set it up like our video. Another idea is to check inside the burner can for anything impeding flow, and while you're at it, check for alignment. Finally, check your wings and stabs for any warps or misalignment relative to its opposite. If you find anything structurally defective that needs replacing, call our tech support team and they'll be happy to help you. Hopefully it's something simpler so you can fly sooner.

Your bird is too pretty to die so young. Good luck!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha has great advice (shocker I know)... ;)

I LOVE this bird! Mainly because I have her Big Sister (the HSD 105mm version) and every time I fly that big girl my knees tend to knock. This bird by comparison is a total ball to fly. Check your lateral stability (sometimes something can cause a weight differential from one side or the other) and of course everything Alpha mentioned. Also, I tend to really dumb down my throws and ramp up my expo on scale models especially for maidens. One, it's more scale, two, it's less twitchy that way, especially when you are trying to learn the language that a particular model likes to speak. Good luck and keep us posted!

PS...Bajora, always love your photos!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post

I haven't ,but you need to bypass the board and use a 7 or 8 channel receiver with the airerons using separate channels
                                I bypassed the control board and hooked one aileron to the receiver aux 1 and one to the control board aileron and got it working with only a six channel remote.

Comment

• You have to reverse the other channel. It's hard to describe and also depends on what radio you have. It should be in the mix settings. If it's a two setting switch make them 30%ish throws with 15% and 40%ish for three setting switch. Of course you can adjust for the way you want it. Use the lower setting for take off and full for landing.

another thing. I'm just reading stuff on the forum because I can't sleep. I don't own this plane, but I'm wondering why it's so much more popular than the F-35? I know F-16s are cool and I'll buy one of these some day if I don't get the big one, but the F-35 is absolutely amazing. It's really a steal for the price. Go and get one guys. I absolutely love it. I wasn't an F-35 fan until I bought one of these and now I can't get enough of it. It's gone up to my second favorite plane of all time just because of this model. If freewing were to make it in 90mm and/or made it STOVL capable it would move up to #1 and knock the saber of its perch.

Comment

• Thanks vduniec. The after burner mod looks fantastic check it out.

Comment

• That is so awesome! I have to do that mod! Well done!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjkeith13 View Post
                                        You have to reverse the other channel. It's hard to describe and also depends on what radio you have. It should be in the mix settings. If it's a two setting switch make them 30%ish throws with 15% and 40%ish for three setting switch. Of course you can adjust for the way you want it. Use the lower setting for take off and full for landing.

another thing. I'm just reading stuff on the forum because I can't sleep. I don't own this plane, but I'm wondering why it's so much more popular than the F-35? I know F-16s are cool and I'll buy one of these some day if I don't get the big one, but the F-35 is absolutely amazing. It's really a steal for the price. Go and get one guys. I absolutely love it. I wasn't an F-35 fan until I bought one of these and now I can't get enough of it. It's gone up to my second favorite plane of all time just because of this model. If freewing were to make it in 90mm and/or made it STOVL capable it would move up to #1 and knock the saber of its perch.
                                        The f35 is downright awesome but for rc the f16's flight envelope really shines. I hope to god they finally release a single 90mm f22 raptor done right.

There are some factors i cant point out to why the f35 isnt as popular (very well should be) as the f16 in the rc world. I love the f35 too.

Comment

• Can someone give me the dimensions of the missiles plz?

Comment

Working...
                                          X