• Show
Clear All

• Okay.

I have an Asphalt Runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted7rns View Post
      Okay.

I have an Asphalt Runway.
      Take off distance, you should be OK. You asked if it will be nose heavy. Why don't you just put one of those batteries in and see if it'll balance at the CG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted7rns View Post
        Okay I have read through all 34 pages, and I think I'm more confused then ever... lol.

I have Roaring Top 5000mAh 45c batteries 755g..... will they work? Or is it too nose heavy?

thanks for the help.
        As mentioned above it may be hard to get it to rotate off of grass. But on a paved runway I have had no issues at all with even the heaviest packs that I have. I am stuck on a 6s 35c 5800mah pack which is light for its size but heavier than the 4000s. The plane required just a lil bit of up trim but didn't fly much different. Just barely longer take off and roll out. If you are flying from a paved runway the 5000s will work just fine.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
          As mentioned above it may be hard to get it to rotate off of grass. But on a paved runway I have had no issues at all with even the heaviest packs that I have. I am stuck on a 6s 35c 5800mah pack which is light for its size but heavier than the 4000s. The plane required just a lil bit of up trim but didn't fly much different. Just barely longer take off and roll out. If you are flying from a paved runway the 5000s will work just fine.
          That's great. I'll buy it this week then. Thank you.

Comment

• My First test f-16

Comment

• Nicely done. Great vid!
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hi, I'd like to know the battery tray dimensions. I wonder if I can fit a 4000mah 6S battery with these dimensions: 52X51X146mm. Thanks.

Comment

• I fly mine with a Admiral 4000 Pro 6S and it fits fine with room to spare. Welcome to the Squawk!

Comment

• I've started working on the F-16 again. Haven't crashed it but it just didn't fly very well.the first few outings. . Think she was too cluttered up blocking air flow to the fan So, she's been a hangar queen for about a year. Changing out the power to a 6S Dr. Mad Thrust 11b 1900kv setup: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-t...00watt-6s.html

Should be enough power right ? watts and thrust ?

Specs:
                    EDF Inner Diameter: 70mm
                    Outer Diameter: 72mm
                    Construction: Alloy
                    Weight: 230g
                    Max RPM: 46000
                    Motor Type: B2850 1900kv
                    Max Power: 1900W
                    Continuous Power: 1700W
                    Max Voltage: 22.2V (6S)
                    Max Amps: 74A
                    Max Thrust: 2.1kg
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• That should be nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by jfrinconc View Post
                        Hi, I'd like to know the battery tray dimensions. I wonder if I can fit a 4000mah 6S battery with these dimensions: 52X51X146mm. Thanks.
                        Battery tray dimensions are 77mm wide. 200 plus long, more like 220 when using all of the space to the rear of the cockpit, and the height at it's shortest where the battery could side to the rear of the fuse for balancing is 46-47mm, so you are good on two dimensions. It will depend on the battery weight if it will work...The Admiral Pro 4000 is 50 x 42 x 142mm... So it is smaller than your battery described... Hope that helps.

Comment

• Well I'm looking at either getting this or the 80mm F86 for my second edf. I'm planning on sticking with my 4500mah packs. Just liked how both jets perform.

Comment

• Heck I may just get both. Lol

Comment

• I can't answer for the F-86, as I don't have one, but the F-16 is a great flying bird. If you're flying from a fairly smooth surface, the 4500mah batts should be fine. I fly from grass, with a 4000mah pack. I also have the upgrade gear, and they help smooth things out. Flight times are decent if you back off the throttle some. The F-16 was my 2nd EDF and had no problem flying it comfortably. A clubmate flys large turbine F-16s and coached me on keeping a high aplha approach and landing. That's the ticket.

Comment

• Right on! I really like that setup, and it just looks so cool I gotta get one at least

Comment

• In the process of rehabbing my F-16.Sorting through the thread.

Anyone program Flapperons? I’d like to use a 3 way switch on the Dx9 . 1st position- Flapperons . Middle position- Neutral. 3rd position- Spoilers. Possible?

Comment

• dahawk. My F-16 is set up for flaperons. With the DX9 it's very easy to set up by selecting the proper wing type(flaperon wing). I see no reason why you should not be able to set it up the way you want by using the flap set up menu. Mine is set with take off flaps and landing flaps. With take off flaps deployed it take off by it's self(hands off) when it reaches flying speed. I also used Flight modes to give me separate trims for the ailerons and flaps. Give it a go you will be pleased with the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                                      dahawk. My F-16 is set up for flaperons. With the DX9 it's very easy to set up by selecting the proper wing type(flaperon wing). I see no reason why you should not be able to set it up the way you want by using the flap set up menu. Mine is set with take off flaps and landing flaps. With take off flaps deployed it take off by it's self(hands off) when it reaches flying speed. I also used Flight modes to give me separate trims for the ailerons and flaps. Give it a go you will be pleased with the results.
                                      I should be able to do flaperons using my DX6 shouldn’t I?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I should be able to do flaperons using my DX6 shouldn’t I?
                                        DX6 (all versions) will do Flaperons. Some versions are easier than others for making everything work the way you want.

For just about every radio made that does mixing, you may seem to be unable to get throw directions the way you want.

If you have correct aileron movement, but reversed flap (or elevator when doing elevon) STOP messing with the TX servo reverse switches/settings. Swap which servo is plugged into which channel and you will have the desired result.
                                        I know of 2 radio brands that can fix that without swapping which servo is plugged to which channel. (and both are no longer made)
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I use flaperons as well for take off only from grass. I also use a DX9. In addition to what MOFO1 said, you need seperate the ailerons from the blue box and put each aileron on their own receiver channel.

Comment

Working...
                                          X