X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think so
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Battery tray dimensions are 77mm wide. 200 plus long, more like 220 when using all of the space to the rear of the cockpit, and the height at it's shortest where the battery could side to the rear of the fuse for balancing is 46-47mm, so you are good on two dimensions. It will depend on the battery weight if it will work...The Admiral Pro 4000 is 50 x 42 x 142mm... So it is smaller than your battery described... Hope that helps.
      Hi, thanks for your answer. I've decided to go with the Admiral Pro, is a proven choice. Greetings.

Comment

• Okay,

My Friend and I both have the 70mm F-16 and have a total combined 9 Flights......5 with the RoaringTop 5000mAh 45C and 4 with the Roaring Top 5500mAh 45c that weights 800grams. All Flights were great Both, it's a great plane, love how it flies. Big Thumbs Up here.

Ted

Comment

• I fly my F-16 with Floureon 4500mAH 45c batteries and Zippy compact 5000mAh 25c . It handles the weight just fine. I actually like the way it flys with the heavier batteries.

Comment

• Good deal!

Comment

• I tried to maiden f16 off short grass...ameral 6s4000 cg at recommended 90mm... light breeze ,, couldn't get it off the ground... been suggested that flaperons would help...how do u hook them up anyway? other suggustions would be the fms 70mm 1850kv in runner fan

Comment

• Not sure of you saw Suko's response on RCG, but he linked his blog post talking about the setup. Check it out, pretty informative.

short and simple is set up airplane for flaperon in the transmitter, then put left aileron in the aileron port, and the right aileron in the Aux1 port (or maybe its switched).

I just got my plane buttoned up and programmed for a maiden flight tomorrow. Also have it setup with a lemon gyro and the upgraded struts.

Comment

• Mine has been a hangar queen for almost a year. Hit the reset button and will try tomorrow. Short grass. Dr Mad Thrust 1900kv, Admiral 5000, flapperons. No stabilizer. I wish they had built this plane with flying h-stabs. Not much elevator authority.

Really is designed for pavement ops. Narrow stance with small wheels. Frankly , I like the Hawk T1 and Yak-130 better.

Give her a go anyway.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2243.JPG Views:	1 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	144608Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2246.JPG Views:	1 Size:	175.0 KB ID:	144607
                    Had a great flying weekend here in Michigan. Just logged my 112th flight on this airframe over the weekend. Stock EDF & Turnigy Plush 100A ESC. Awesome Jet!

Comment

• Must be doing something wrong on the flapperon setting. Plugged one aileron into the aileron port on the rx. Plugged the other into the aux 1 port on the rx. Set wing type on the DX9 to flapperon with tail normal.

Went to flap setting and started dialing in values like I normally do when setting up flaps.

I get one aileron and one elevator moving .

In servo settings do I need to assign both ailerons to a switch ?

Is there a SOP for this somewhere?

Thanks,

Hawk

Comment

• Check the Servo setup menu to see how the channels are assigned. Move the sticks while on this screen and see how the channels react. What control surfaces move with elevator input?

Comment

• Thank DD,

I will check when I get back Thurs night.

Comment

• went with the new freewing 2210kv 70mm in runner fan from rc castle....don't know why mrc doesent carry it yet...should have enough poop to get off short grass if stats are correct it puts out 5.4lbs of thrust...that's about 1 lb more then stock out runner I think

Comment

• dahawk, one other thing crossed my mind. You may have selected "Elevon" for aircraft type. check this picture for how channels are assigned.

Comment

• I did select Flapperon for wing type and tail normal but I will check the monitor.

Comment

• dave just order the 2210kv in runner from rc castle.. took 2 days to get from hong kong to Chicago then customs for 2 days Monday delivery...8 days from china ..good deal lol

Comment

• Hi all, been stalking this site for a while now and have been active over at another popular RC website too. After flying my FMS Yak 130 for a bit I purchased this fantastic jet and thought you might like to see my repaint. Can’t wait to get her flying. Still got a few bits to do on it. I look forward to being part of this great community.

Cheers Kurt.

Comment

• Welcome aboard the squawk! For some reason the pics didnt show for me, might be on my end though since I'm just using my phone

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Welcome aboard the squawk! For some reason the pics didnt show for me, might be on my end though since I'm just using my phone
                                        Thanks Rifleman. Mmmmmm....I can see the pics fine on my iPad but not on my phone either. I’ll look into what I’m doing wrong and try again.

Comment

• Weird indeed. I'll have a look on my computer

Comment

Working...
                                          X