Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! There was no guide for the ESC. I had to calibrate through the INAV GUI. Before it started at 25%, now at it should do.
    Here my build story. If anyone needs some of the 3D printed parts, just PM me.
    To play with my USB2RC box, till now I used the ZOHD Dart 250 FPV bird (https://youtu.be/L_21r6xz2tw). However to better present the HOTAS setup, a nicer representative fighter bird shall take the place of the Dart. After looking for week for a suitable platform, the decision falls to the F-22 64mm. Why? In my place we haven't

My plan was to use my 4s 3700mAh. No way, it needs 190gm on the tail to CG. Will the 2500 mAh gives some more benefit in flight time as the 2200? I mean, it is noticable?

Comment

I guess it's noticeable enough that I keep using my 2500s in the F22. Before and/or after I burn through my 2200s. In terms of flight time, the difference is measurable but marginal.

Comment

How many of you have done any custom painting to make it more visible in the sky? I'm still reluctant to fly mine, because I'm just not sure how well I'll be able to see it and keep track of orientation. I'm considering doing some not-so-prototype painting on it before I actually maiden it.

Comment

I just got the 4S version for Christmas and ran a thrust test by placing the nose vertical on a digital scale. I was disappointed to see it was only generating 800g of thrust at WOT. The manual indicates it should be 900g

I tested with both a Turnigy 4S 2200 Heavy Duty and a Graphene 4s 2200 and got same result. It was drawing 38Amps and the battery was 15.1V (measured on the balance port).

The plane weighs 760g with no landing gear, and the battery will add another 260g, so AUW will be 1020g, so was hoping to have more thrust.

Has anybody here done a similar thrust test? Is this what I should expect?

Thanks,
          Andrew

Comment

At the bottom of this page you will find an alternative combo. He claims over 1000g thrust (on the next page).

Comment

That's my post with numbers I got doing a nose down on a scale test as you've done but with my Bansee. The F-22 will be a bit less because of it's ducting. With the 3300 fan I get 880g of thrust so your 800 is about right. It may be a little low because of your batteries, 15.1V is a bit saggy.

There are a number of other fans you can try. FreeWing has released a set of four new fans. The fans themselves are different and even larger diameter than the old 3300 (there is also a 3500kV version of the one you have) by about 2mm. The new fans are in both 4S and 6S. The lowest performing one in my Banshee has 990g of thrust and the highest performing 6S in my Banshee has 1586g, Here is a video of these motors. Freewing 64mm EDF Version II power system thrust test video - YouTube

As I've said the 3500 version of your fan is another choice, it makes 1020g installed for me. Another choice is the 6S fan from the Arrows jets, It is a 2840-2280 and makes 1375g of thrust. There are also XFLy and Eflite fans but I don't have data on them.

Again all my numbers are not in the F-22 and because of it's ducting your trust will be a little lower.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I will look at the other fans you suggested but will wait for the Maiden flight before I change anything. Maybe 800g will be good enough???

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                  How many of you have done any custom painting to make it more visible in the sky? I'm still reluctant to fly mine, because I'm just not sure how well I'll be able to see it and keep track of orientation. I'm considering doing some not-so-prototype painting on it before I actually maiden it.
                  Custom paint Hoomi, This scheme helped orientation for me. You are welcome to try it. Yellow is cut from sign writers self adhesive vinyl sheets,
                  Freewing F22 Raptor 690mm ws 850mmm long. fms 64mm 4s 11 blade out-runner fan gave 1.15kg thrust. 2840 3150kv 6 pole . 60 amp Turnigy plush 32 esc 75gms. RX 8gms. Motor 64 amp max 1050w max. Tested with good Zop 4000mah 60c 1/2T 27a 450w. 2/3T 41a 630w. 3/4T 51.5a 766w. FF 59a 870w. Esc settings. Timing auto. Cell count auto. Temp protect 140deg. Start up power 30%. Auto rotation restart time off. Moto type edf. Bec voltage 5.5v Spool up acc L5. PWM 16k based on 14.8vx2750kvx6 /20 = 12.2 or at 16,4v =13.5. go one above Sounds balanced and smooth and sounds best at ½ to 2/3 T. set timer 2 mins 20sec for first flight with 2200mah 60c 4s.. Fan area = 3850mm2 motor area 804mm2 SFA 3046mm2. Allow for friction losses of say 10% then front ducts should be say min3350mm2 or 1675mm2 each min. They are 60x30 = 1800mm ok exit ducts should be 85% SFA or 2600mm2 i.e 1300mm2 each they are 31mmx42mm each.=1302mm2 ok AUW 1220gms(255gm 2200ma 60-120c battery, static thrust to weight 1.33 to 1. Luggage scales pull along ground thrust on 16.4v = 1.1kgmax. WA = 21.3dm2 wl =57gms/dm2 extra cheater fan holes total 900mm2 to bring input area total to 4250mm2.Fan dia plus 10%. Yak has 4900 in 3000 out. If went to 6s 2.25kg thrust inrunner with 1550mah nanotech 65 to130c battery adds 110gms i.e auw 1275gms 60gms/dm2 2.25kg thrust 1.75 power to weight! Test on ground expect to get luggage pull thrust of 1.5kg CG 83mm back for maiden fight with 2200mah 4s 60c battery, 86mm back with 1800mah 4s 70c 1800mah battery ave 36 amp drain = 1.8/36x60x0.75= say2.25 mins 2200mah battery = 2.75mins.( test run at 1/2t gave 2.75mins 32percent left) CG range 83to88mm. iA6B rx

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	570
Size:	756.7 KB
ID:	365787

Comment

New flyer here, can someone help me get reverse thrusting working on the Spektrum DX6e?

Comment

Assuming you have a FW reversing ESC just plug the reversing lead into your landing gear slot and then when you flip the landing gear switch it reverses. If you are using another type ESC it may be different especially if you are using a Spek *SMART ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Assuming you have a FW reversing ESC just plug the reversing lead into your landing gear slot and then when you flip the landing gear switch it reverses. If you are using another type ESC it may be different especially if you are using a Spek *SMART ESC.
                        I am using the FW reversing ESC, I'll try that when I get home later today, thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. I'll list in order what I did so that hopefully we can troubleshoot what I'm doing wrong. I plugged the reverse thrust lead into channel 5 on my receiver. I assigned channel 5 on my transmitter to gear. And finally, I assigned a toggle switch to channel 5 but I still couldn't get it to work. I even messed with the servo settings for channel 5 including adjusting the travel/reversing the direction.

Comment

In the monitor screen can you see channel 5 go from -100 to +100?

Comment

In the monitor screen can you see channel 5 go from -100 to +100?
                              On the monitor screen channel 5 goes from 0 to +100

Comment

That’s the problem

Comment

That’s the problem
                                  I got it to work! I had it bound to a toggle switch (on/off) instead of a 2-position switch. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

unfortunately i did it, i listen a guy and i put it on low rate, and i didn t have much travel on the elevator at the landing with flaps down. From your experience because i am a little confused, on the simulator at the same speed when i activate flaps the plane goes up, but on the F22 it goes down very agressive..am i doing something wrong? anyway i already ordered another plane which will have an X45.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Oachidori View Post
                                        unfortunately i did it, i listen a guy and i put it on low rate, and i didn t have much travel on the elevator at the landing with flaps down. From your experience because i am a little confused, on the simulator at the same speed when I activate flaps the plane goes up, but on the F22 it goes down very agressive..am i doing something wrong? anyway i already ordered another plane which will have an X45.
                                        At least it wasn't the 90mm large version...
                                        $179 later, you probably won't do that again...
                                        Fortunately, I'm still on my first one of the 64mm versions - trying to figure out how to hop it up...

Comment

• Actually that is the 90...

Comment

Working...
                                          X