Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehhhh FW`s F18 is your guess I suppose xdd? Re landing and flight, we always like them dirty Lol.

Comment

• Anyone using a Hobbyeagle gyro? If so what gains?
      Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
      Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
      Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
      Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• I do. Both potentiometers set to 10:30-11:00 position to start...

Comment

• Thanks. I normally don't use gyros but here in the UK its always windy and its normally a crosswind at my field which makes landing very tricky as it likes to oscillate from side to side on approach.
          Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Each new bird is a challenge to make everything fit and be within reach for adjustment (gyro) and not be a rat's nest... I usually spend way more time on that, and servo set up and adjustments that building the plane... :Cool:
            Hey buddy, Just wondering why use an external Gyro box, and not just use the new Admiral Receiver with the gyro built in? I put gyros in everything I build. Just never installed a gyro only. I've used both Admirals, and AR636. If it's because you don't do spectrum please accept my apologies for not keeping up. Your wiring looks nice in that A-4. In other words, are the stand alone gyros better than the integrated ones?

Best Regards
            Woody

Comment

• Its just that i've had some bad experiences lately with non-spektrum DSMX recievers and I havent yet had any issues with genuine spektrum gear. I've heard very good things about the Lemon RXs that the admiral recievers are based on but having had my durafly tundra, df bf109, eflite p47, spitfire and t28 all have lock outs recently im trying to stick with AR610s. Im tempted by the RX600 but im avoiding buying any more DSMX gear as if I have another problem im going to switch to frsky so i'd rather not spend any more money on DSMX stuff. I know that DSMX is very solid but my field is not far from 2 large cell towers and it seems to mess with spektrum so i've becomne a bit paranoid! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
                Its just that i've had some bad experiences lately with non-spektrum DSMX recievers and I havent yet had any issues with genuine spektrum gear. I've heard very good things about the Lemon RXs that the admiral recievers are based on but having had my durafly tundra, df bf109, eflite p47, spitfire and t28 all have lock outs recently im trying to stick with AR610s. Im tempted by the RX600 but im avoiding buying any more DSMX gear as if I have another problem im going to switch to frsky so i'd rather not spend any more money on DSMX stuff. I know that DSMX is very solid but my field is not far from 2 large cell towers and it seems to mess with spektrum so i've becomne a bit paranoid! :(
                Ya know mate, you have to do what you feel is right. Ultimately it's your money, and your beloved plane that will get pancaked. I totally respect ya man. But for me, well, "Motion RC" is hanging their hat on this thing, and that is good enough for me. I have almost 20 of their 6 channel, stabilized receivers, and have had no glitches what so ever, not even once. But I gotta tell ya, I have heard lots of stories. But who knows? These receivers are an integral strategy to my modeling. The price point allows me to put a radio receiver in each and every one of my models. I love this part.

I have 7 of the spectrum AR636's. There good too, but Spectrum chose to offer these stabilized receivers with out an auto recovery, plus there $50 more. Go figure? An there are many E-flight, and Parkzone planes that have this exact receiver and have an auto recovery? LOL

As for Frsky. The last thing I need is more complication in my hobby. They look great!

Best Regards
                Woody

Comment

• Anyone happen to know the wheelbase of this bird? Mine is in the box currently and am mapping out a schematic for transport. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know mate, you have to do what you feel is right. Ultimately it's your money, and your beloved plane that will get pancaked. I totally respect ya man. But for me, well, "Motion RC" is hanging their hat on this thing, and that is good enough for me. I have almost 20 of their 6 channel, stabilized receivers, and have had no glitches what so ever, not even once. But I gotta tell ya, I have heard lots of stories. But who knows? These receivers are an integral strategy to my modeling. The price point allows me to put a radio receiver in each and every one of my models. I love this part.

I have 7 of the spectrum AR636's. There good too, but Spectrum chose to offer these stabilized receivers with out an auto recovery, plus there $50 more. Go figure? An there are many E-flight, and Parkzone planes that have this exact receiver and have an auto recovery? LOL

As for Frsky. The last thing I need is more complication in my hobby. They look great!

Best Regards
                    Woody
                    My Frsky Taranis..best purchase I made in years :).

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey buddy, Just wondering why use an external Gyro box, and not just use the new Admiral Receiver with the gyro built in? I put gyros in everything I build. Just never installed a gyro only. I've used both Admirals, and AR636. If it's because you don't do spectrum please accept my apologies for not keeping up. Your wiring looks nice in that A-4. In other words, are the stand alone gyros better than the integrated ones?

Best Regards
                      Woody
                      I have always used Spektrum... My neighbor used a few Lemon and I have seen them crash first-hand... I know Motion has done a lot of research and development with Lemon to sell the Admiral brand, so I would trust them... However, I have a lot of airplanes and they almost all have the A3-L or A3 gyros with Spektrum receivers. I have only lost one early on and that was due to a brown out from low BEC voltage from the ESC. So now, I use an external BEC from CC on any plane with more than 4 channels. 10 amp on the little guys, and 20 amp Pro on all the EDF's... The Eflight birds have the AS3X receivers if they come that way... It all just works well, for me...

Comment

• FrSky is bullet proof. Period.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                          FrSky is bullet proof. Period.
                          I feel the same way about my Spektrum equipment. I sure many can say the same about Futaba.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                            Anyone happen to know the wheelbase of this bird? Mine is in the box currently and am mapping out a schematic for transport. Thanks in advance.
                            What measurements do you need?

Comment

• Just wheel to wheel when deployed. I'm assuming somewhere in the realm of 16-20"?

Comment

• Give me a few and I will check. I have to put the wings on and get the gear down

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                  Just wheel to wheel when deployed. I'm assuming somewhere in the realm of 16-20"?
                                  OK. From main gear to main gear. (Port to Starboard) to the outside of the wheels. 11 7/8 inch. From the mains (Rear of the tires) to the front of the tire on the nose gear is 17 3/8"
                                  Hope that helps. I still have her on the test stand, so let me know if you need any other dimensions....

Comment

• That's perfect, thanks a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I have always used Spektrum... My neighbor used a few Lemon and I have seen them crash first-hand... I know Motion has done a lot of research and development with Lemon to sell the Admiral brand, so I would trust them... However, I have a lot of airplanes and they almost all have the A3-L or A3 gyros with Spektrum receivers. I have only lost one early on and that was due to a brown out from low BEC voltage from the ESC. So now, I use an external BEC from CC on any plane with more than 4 channels. 10 amp on the little guys, and 20 amp Pro on all the EDF's... The Eflight birds have the AS3X receivers if they come that way... It all just works well, for me...
                                      Just to give a small rebuttal, I have only used lemon stabilized relievers in all my planes and all except one have been EDF’s and all have worked perfectly and it’s over 9 planes at last count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Just to give a small rebuttal, I have only used lemon stabilized relievers in all my planes and all except one have been EDF’s and all have worked perfectly and it’s over 9 planes at last count.
                                        To be fair, the Lemon receivers that went nuts with my neighbor's planes were NOT stabilized (internal gyro) so that is data for everyone to consider... And certainly they were not distributed under the Admiral brand from Motion!
                                        Just for a point of reference, when I say "a lot" of airplanes, that is really subjective to most fliers... I have 93 that are flight ready at this time. All of them have a Spektrum receiver and 87 of them have A3-L gyros. Two have A3's and the remainder have none... Most of the lost birds I read about here sound like a brown-out, not loss of signal... (Barring mechanical failure, that is... servo gears, wire break, loose connections, standard stuff...)

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                          FrSky is bullet proof. Period.
                                          they are all "bullet proof", until something happens.

when they outlaw R/C, only outlaws will have R/C

Comment

Working...
                                          X