Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woody that predator jet is the shiatttt. I need one of those. That's the real deal. So far on every foamie jet ive flown my 700 size helis are much faster and that just doesn't sit well for me. So I'm thinking foamies are out and I'm going to welcome ajet that's faster than my 3d helicopters

Comment

• Had a chance yesterday to witness the freewing l39 albatross fly. It was powerful and graceful in the air. I believe it has same power as the a4 but its quite a bit faster and has more thrust. Its also a very big 80mm jet like the a4. Im going to sell the a4 and get the l39. just love the l39. Pics don't do the l39 justice as its a lot more stunning in the flesh

Comment

• No doubt you should sell the A-4.

Comment

• Why not have both? Don't sell out the A4, if anything you can put in the new FW 80mm in the A4 and boom, bigger punch. The A4 is a solid, sweet flyer.

Comment

• its really hard to sell these foamies. They are already cheap to buy new, so theres very little used value, unless selling local. The a4 looks cool just weak performance imho, Might be time to slide back into a new rc heli project for the winter. got my eyes set on a new minicopter diabolo black edition heli but that will entail about 4k to setup properly.

Comment

• Any Skyhawk pilots know where I can purchase a missile set for this bird. I looked on Motionrc.com's Freewing A-4 parts list and upgrades but the missile set is not listed for purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post
                woody that predator jet is the shiatttt. I need one of those. That's the real deal. So far on every foamie jet ive flown my 700 size helis are much faster and that just doesn't sit well for me. So I'm thinking foamies are out and I'm going to welcome ajet that's faster than my 3d helicopters
                Yea, it's pretty impressive. Problem is that jet costs as much as a good used car. Problem for me, maybe not for you. I know where you're coming from, In my younger days I liked to fly U-control combat in the open class, (I just like flying the high performance combat wings, I never competed). I know it's u-control, but pretty extreme just the same. That Predator jet reminds me of an open class combat wing with out the strings attached. Ya can't expect a bone stock scale plane to keep up with ya man. Last weekend I met a guy that had a Freewing F-15, that was pretty tricked out, it flew almost as impressive as that Predator. Don't know what he did, but it was a pretty serious jet, sounded like a jet too. Big problem with turbines is you can't just fly them anywhere. In California 1 in 10 flying fields allow them, and it's usually fields you wont enjoy so much, located in desolate places, where's the fun in that.

So the best advise I can give ya, put a fan upgrade into the A-4, but it being scale and all, it doesn't really have the room to put a really aggressive set of batteries in it, like an 8 or 12S setup. That pretty much limits you to the sport jets, if you want a really serious EDF. Not always, the guy I met had an F-15. It just has to be something with a lot of excess battery space.

Good luck to you man, hope you find something that can keep up with ya.

Woody

Comment

• Good thing where i live is you dont need a club to fly these. Theres clubs but also many old abandoned paved roads in the deseet. I do speed runs on my henseleit tdr2 heli at 156mph. Its fast but can go faster. Ever seen a stretched 700 heli doing 150mph with 750mm blades? Its very scary and it should be cause it will kill you quickly.

Comment

• Freewing f15 on 8s looks legit as does the f4. The a4 i believe wont except 8s without serious foam grinding. I did manage a 7s battery and it was about the same as a 6s.

Comment

• Wow...……..

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutter262 View Post
                        Any Skyhawk pilots know where I can purchase a missile set for this bird. I looked on Motionrc.com's Freewing A-4 parts list and upgrades but the missile set is not listed for purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
                        Don't know if you're on RCGroups or not, but someone there is selling a set:

Pat

Comment

• Cutter262
                          Cutter262 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          crxmanpat, thank you for the information. I was a day late....... already SOLD!!!

• Oh crap I have been wanting a set for months...really dont understand why there is no spare ordinance set for the A4..

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                          Oh crap I have been wanting a set for months...really dont understand why there is no spare ordinance set for the A4..
                          Technically it's available, and on sale for $299

Comment

• You mean 370EUR in Europe! ​​​​​​LOL;)​​
                            Last edited by Petronio; Nov 1, 2018, 10:38 AM. Reason: Euro sign not showing up

Comment

• And then I would miss a second set...a vicious circle that would be xD

Comment

• I would like a second set of drop tanks for my HSD Skyraider.....:( If anyone wants to sell them, let me know, I will pay you a nice price for each tank... :Cool:

Comment

• Hey Motion!!!! We want to buy more stuff!!! Please???

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Technically it's available, and on sale for $299
                                    I have a great deal, I'll sell you my set for only $199;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

I have a great deal, I'll sell you my set for only $199;)
                                      That is almost a good deal!!!! Not quite great, but pretty good!!! LOL :Cool:;)

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Don't know if you're on RCGroups or not, but someone there is selling a set:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...llpup-missiles
                                        Thanks for the information, however I was a day late. Missiles and bullpups already SOLD....

Comment

Working...
                                        X