Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Seaviper, I've beat this drum before, but can't wait to see your A-4 in a VT-7 scheme! Hope this photo helps motivate you!
    Scott

Comment

• I know they had a few single seaters in TW-1 so it shouldn't look out of place. I really do like the looks of the two seater though. Nice job.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
        I know they had a few single seaters in TW-1 so it shouldn't look out of place. I really do like the looks of the two seater though. Nice job.
        Oh yeah! And with the avionics hump to boot. Today was a missed opportunity to maiden mine. Unexpected good weather. May try tomorrow.

Comment

• Topshot

Do you also have a functioning arresting cable? That would be the bees knees!
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Functioning arrestor cable has been done, but a scale hook has essentially 0 chance of hooking it.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I dont know about zero chance. I lost a tail hook early on. Found it on the runway, pointed down range, securely hooked to a piece of grass growing along the ground like a cable.

anyway, as for the tanks, they need to be weighted so that the cg is on that eyelet for the release. Otherwise they will sit cocked in the unit and drag on the release pin.

once weighted, they drop so smoothly.

Comment

• Here is a photo of the tanks properly weighted (1 Dewalt PH2 hex driver bit in the nose of each tank...dremel a slightly smaller hole in the nose, then insert the bit with epoxy) hanging level on the E-Flite EFLA405 Servoless Payload Release unit.

These payload release units are relatively simple gear driven units which are easy to take apart if need be. They appear rugged. However, it is important that the tanks sit level on the units otherwise there could be considerable drag on the retaining pins during retraction. This ccould lead to a hung ordinance condition or, as we say in the aviation community, a "not good situation".
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20180219_091322.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	118827Click image for larger version  Name:	Z16Mp0fo5oy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	118828

And here is a video of the unit in operation

Comment

• Brilliant !!!!!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Love that Callie!!! Replacement A-4! Will have Jeti DS16 Guidance, and a 150 amp MUI, this will allow me to fly without a timer, and just monitor the MAH telemetry.
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Looks sharp! :Cool:

Comment

• nice looking MARINE bird there sir!

Comment

• Many Thanks Guys!

Comment

• Ok do any of you guys know where I can get a couple scale (1/9 ?) 2000lbers for the A-4?

Comment

• Like in post #1523?

Comment

• And that is why i need to get a 3d printer

Comment

• Yeah, me too. I just had Chris make the MER's for mine. Would be worth inquiring at least.

Comment

• Looking seriously at this one!

Comment

• That is the one I am wanting.

Comment

• Threw on a landing light
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Getting so close to having this done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180221_001547.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	119135