Clear All

• You owe me a new keyboard!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Amazing work! Love it. I started my weathering with pastels. will post pics when complete.
        Are the Mk 82 files available?
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Using these, great for Gray airplanes.
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
            Amazing work! Love it. I started my weathering with pastels. will post pics when complete.
            Are the Mk 82 files available?
            Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. There are files available to 3D print the Mk82's. Chris Wolfe can do them if you don't have a printer. Mine are the JHH 1/10th scale vacuum formed bombs. They are time consuming to make but very light.

Some more shots. I detailed the backs of the rocket pods and got a coat of paint on them. I may add some rocket fin detail to the back of the pods and then a little paint detail and call it done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180221_222019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	119364

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180221_222108.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	119365

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180221_223414.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	119366

I really need to finish this before I start working on the F-4 drag chute. I also checked the CG fully loaded and it hasn't changed.

Comment

• Tested the drop tank mod on the A-4 today. Conditions were very blustery, gray sky, and wet. But the payload release units worked as advertised.
              Also I had not flown a jet in a month. Situation normal.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• man I love the drop tanks great job...

Comment

• Well they came off rather violently! I will probably find some properly weighted scale bombs for future air-to-mud operations.

The 3d printing thing may be in the future as well. Still kicking that one around.

Comment

• know what ya mean with the air to mud statement...we have a moat around our runway over here in Jackson lol

Comment

• The VMA-121 Green Knights A-4 is officially done. Got a few pictures of it with my Blue Angels #6 up at my good friend George Bakers place. He had a Hangar Day and it was good to get together again.

Now I have one for work and one for play.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180224_164248.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.3 KB ID:	119785

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180224_163857.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.5 KB ID:	119786

Comment

• Really, really slick :Drooling:

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                          Really, really slick :Drooling:
                          You should see them in person, Steve does the best detail work I've ever seen...period!
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_21457.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	119853 I used the f14 gear support. You have to cut it down and File some metal down so the plastic part would fit on the Shaft.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice job on the detailing guys. How does that nose gear work under operational conditions? video please...

Since I got the 104 back in the air, The little Skyhawk is going down for a re-paint into TW-1, VT-7 colors in preparation for the 100th mission. She has picked up a few dings along the way.
                              Graphics have been ordered from Callie.

Comment

• Patrick do a good job on vt7 and ill let you paint my hawk same color lol

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                  Nice job on the detailing guys. How does that nose gear work under operational conditions? video please...

Since I got the 104 back in the air, The little Skyhawk is going down for a re-paint into TW-1, VT-7 colors in preparation for the 100th mission. She has picked up a few dings along the way.
                                  Graphics have been ordered from Callie.

There ya go!

Comment

• Thank you Topshot. Good luck with it. It looks great!

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                    Patrick do a good job on vt7 and ill let you paint my hawk same color lol
                                    Well today I received my decals from Callie. They look really nice. I went and took off all the old vinyl stickers. She's gonna get a new nose gear trunnion as the current one has a lot of slop.
                                    Also the decals are for a VT-7 TA4J assigned to the USS Lexington. So Lady Lex it will be. VT-7 of course.

I plan to have her painted sometime in March. We'll see. Ron I'll bring her over to Jackson for you guys to inspect.

Been fighting the flu I think. Can't wait for the rainy season to be over.

Comment

• Great weather here in Ohio today. Finally got the maiden in on my TA-4J! Amazing how well these FW jets fly. Balanced per the instructions, required a couple clicks of down trim, nothing more. Its going to be a fun flying season.
                                      Hey Seaviper! We need to put these two training command jets in the same place sometime!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                        Great weather here in Ohio today. Finally got the maiden in on my TA-4J! Amazing how well these FW jets fly. Balanced per the instructions, required a couple clicks of down trim, nothing more. Its going to be a fun flying season.
                                        Hey Seaviper! We need to put these two training command jets in the same place sometime!
                                        Beautiful! So are you at 195mm for your CG?

Comment

• haven't finished mine yet either id be very interested in the cg and where you measure it from,,,

Comment

Working...
                                          X