X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    All I can tell you is what I do. Others can chime in if need be. But I would not let the CG fall back behind 195 in any flight condition.
    That being said, I agree with Yoda in his review video. It's quite CG numb in my opinion. But don't get it back too far.

Did you check it on the CG machine. Drop the gear and see what happens with your current setup?

With you advice.... Hangs level with gear deployed.
    Bring the gear up and the nose drops a bit!
    At 193mm
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I just now flew my bird in wind with the Turnigy battery as in the photo. Low rates entire flight.
      perfect liftoff, plenty of elevator to land.

you will do fine. Dont worry too much about it.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• This is my second one lost one due to elevator servo failure, Total bucking bronco!
        Really looking forward to the maiden!

Tomorrow hopefully!

I do remember High RATE elevator on landing! :-)!!

Thanks again

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I just made another flight clean, low rates with admiral as in this photo. I just snapped this photo on landing.

honestly i think the over rotation issue is due to people flying her on high rates and maybe pulling a little much on takeoff.

my bird is flying perfectly on low rates with this battery position.

hope this helps

Comment

• I made 4 flights today. Two flights with the heavy turnigy. Low rates from start to finish. Smooth.
            no need for high rate elevator.

Program high and low rates. Takeoff in low rates. I guarantee you will not want high rates after that. I finally just deleted the switch. Im low rates 100% of the time now.

Comment

• I agree, you don't need the high rates and for sure not the 195mm cg, nose heavy is way better for this jet. I fly mine with a Gensace 5000 45C all the way forward plus I have a little chunk of lead that stays in the nose even when I switch to the Gensace 5000 60C, it tracks like it's on rails now that I have toned all the controls down. I fly mine all loaded too, this is one jet that flies better with the weapons on.

Comment

• After a while this edge at the top of the intakes takes a beating from the battery cables.

I put a strip of tape over the edges to protect them

Comment

• So!! SUC..... CCESS!!! Many Thanks gentlemen! 3 Fantastic flights today Admiral 5000's and Gens ACE 5000's 4 min each 30% left. ( Haven't soldered up the MUI's yet) so still flying with a timer.
                  All greasers !!

Agree totally on Low rates .....Ailerons are at 11mm. Plenty! I do like hight rate on elevator for landing :-)

Signed a VERY grateful EDF Pilot! Oh and 2 flights on my Avanti! :-)

LOVE MY SCOOTER!

Comment

• Outstanding!

Comment

• Great info guys!!

Mine is not ready for flight yet as it is in the paint shop. Just waiting for Graphics ordered from Callie.

Comment

• Good morning gentlemen The temperature is 110 degrees!!

Comment

• Holy *** its viper

Comment

• Just...... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Break now Jester!!!

Comment

• My geeky Top Gun bros!!!! I remember when that came out like it was yesterday..... But not so much... A few years gone by now.

Comment

• I want another to do the Aggressor Livery!

Comment

• LOLLOLLOLLOLThanks Gentlemen!! Y'all are killing me with the TopGun stuff! Gbruce, your A-4 looks great.

Comment

• Got to get going on my F-14......

Comment

• I have used the EZ Balance and it works well. Just make sure the CG is aligned with the slot on the arms. I use a string to help me make the slot to make sure I am on the balance point. I cannot tell from your photo if this is done or not. I compared the EZ machine to the Xicoy and they are very close. I prefer the Xicoy as it required data input.

Comment

• e4dragongunner See my comment on the previous page on using the EZ balancer.

Comment

• I have an Easy-balancer, its called "my index fingers".
                                          Image result for index finger heh heh heh heh :Smug: well it works just fine for me.
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X