Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is what it's all about. I bet you made her day.

Comment

• Looks like she enjoyed every moment for sure.........:Cool:

Comment

• Thank guys!

Fabiola's enthusiasm and energy was inspiring. She really touched our hearts. I hope we see her at the field again.

Comment

• That's a great story Tony! I was in LA this past weekend, but for a memorial service and had no time to head over to Apollo. I'm planning to go back again over Labor Day weekend and do Universal with family on Sunday, and want to head over to Apollo Monday morning before heading back to Phoenix. Hope to see some of you guys out there!
          Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat! Evelyn and I are planning to be at Vandenberg AFB over Labor Day weekend, but I'm sure a few of the usual suspects will be at Apollo. If our plans change, we'll drive down to Apollo on Monday.

Comment

• Sounds good Tony. Have fun at Vandy!

And although I did not get to do any flying over the weekend, I did get to see some neat stuff. Was at Huntington Beach on Saturday when these guys flew by. Also saw an AH-1 and some Sea Hawks.
              Pat

Comment

• Forgot the pics.
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                  This amazing young girl was locked in the entire time and just loved the jet. If you see a kid at the field showing interest, take time to share this great hobby with them. You'll both be rewarded. Photos below were sent to Fabiola's parents. I hope we see them again. Great day!!

MODEL AVIATION....PASS IT ON!!! :Cool:
                  Tony, that is beyond awesome! I clicked like on your post but I would have clicked Love if that were an option.

Comment

• Well I pulled the trigger on the pre-order a few days ago. I hope she's a good bird. Love the avionics hump. How much engineering would you guys have to do to get us a good TA-4 (preferably in the TW-1 colors)?
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Hey Tony, first post here. Got to love the story with the cute little girl, sounds like she is now infected with the aviation bug.

Comment

• Thanks guys! Welcome to Hobby Squawk TBolt!

When I was 7 years old and still recovering from my parents divorce, it was a next door neighbor who introduced me to RC model aviation, after he recognized my love for airplanes. He invited my dad and I to come hang out at the RC field. Our neighbor would let me stand next to him and I'd closely watch everything he did. He eventually gave me a Midwest Sweet Stik airframe which I hung in my room. His friendship and support helped me through a tough time and ultimately led to a life long passion. His act of kindness is always with me, and now I pass it on anytime I see a kid hanging out at the field. Last weekend, Fabiola was a wonderful gift from God, who touched our hearts. Evelyn and I will never forget her.

Sharing what we all do is one of the greatest joys of this hobby. There are kids out there, young and old, who dream of doing what we do. If you take the time to seek them out, I guarantee, you will be enriched by the experience.

Comment

• Anyone have any further info. on when the ARF+ might be available? Still looking at mid September for PNP preorders to start going out?

Comment

• First post here, cant wait for the a4s to arrive!! :) still having massive internal conflict on what scheme to do lolol i take it the arrival date is still mid sept?

Comment

• Go bananas with it CN, and smooth the airframe out, paint it in BA colors, etc. :Cool:

Comment

• Aint nobody got time for that tommy haha. Maybe at some point but for now ill keep it a simple scheme...i want to actually fly it lol. I havnt flown since july 4th because of family stuff, work amd weather. Im really itching to get back in the air. Currently on a work trip so ive got a couple weeks to go anyways lol

Comment

• LOL It does sound like time is limited for many of us these days. You are definitely due for some flight time!

Thankfully, the PNP planes are finally allowing us all to not feel like we to modify the planes to make them reliable and predictable. It's a true time saver and gets us all in the air quickly.

Comment

• This is my 1st pre order.... is the normal state of things for Motion to under promise and over deliver? As I rounded the corner of the garage to the front door I was 1/2 expecting a giant Motion box to be waiting.... Alas no...:-)
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      LOL It does sound like time is limited for many of us these days. You are definitely due for some flight time!

Thankfully, the PNP planes are finally allowing us all to not feel like we to modify the planes to make them reliable and predictable. It's a true time saver and gets us all in the air quickly.
                                      I hear ya. That's why I usually buy an extra of a new model I really like so I can just fly the stock example while I'm tricking out the other one. Then I pawn off the stock model to someone in the club to make room for the next piggy bank buster that Motion brings us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I hear ya. That's why I usually buy an extra of a new model I really like so I can just fly the stock example while I'm tricking out the other one. Then I pawn off the stock model to someone in the club to make room for the next piggy bank buster that Motion brings us.
                                        Ha-ha, good call!

Comment

• PNP = stock.... ARF+ = Blue Angels, hot fan, bling... :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X