Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS won't even run on Saturday here. Mine is scheduled for Tuesday and is currently located 3 hours from me. Oh well. Grats that you got yours early. That's really cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

REALLY.......we own 125 acres and pay town and school taxes and abide with local ordinances.
      Get off your simulator and fly in the real world :Ligthbulb:
      Just the fact that your club owns the property is even more reason why it should be entitled to fence off at least a small perimeter. Besides your club could do with just one Geotex runway big enough to fly off and leave a main area in grass.
      It would just be a matter of looking at the area well and deciding the optimal placement of it. Anything can be accomplished with good planing and determination. That's how things get done in the real world. ;)

At the very least you could suggest the idea to other club members with the hope of catching the attention of just the right person with the insight and know how to get it done.

Comment

• My Skyhawk will be here on Thursday. The holiday got in the way of earlier delivery. I can wait if though I have a choice :).

Comment

• what is the minimum C rating lipo that could be used? i know that a 20c 5000mah would provide 100A, the same that the esc is rated for, but would this give too much voltage sag?
          Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
          Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
          Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
          Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
            what is the minimum C rating lipo that could be used? i know that a 20c 5000mah would provide 100A, the same that the esc is rated for, but would this give too much voltage sag?
            You want a minimum of 40C
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• My A4 was scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, but UPS delivered it on Saturday!

During assembly, I discovered that the nose gear was a very loose / wobbly, so after reseating and tightening the steering collar and strut grub screws, the looseness problem was resolved.

Comment

• The A4 is ready to fly. Now just 4 or 5 days of decals- LOL Got started using the supplied waterslides. Must have not been on my game as I goobered-up a couple. Sigh. So, it's Callie time

She goes together very easy. No challenges. The fit and finish is outstanding. Gorgeous foam.

Hawk
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  The A4 is ready to fly. Now just 4 or 5 days of decals- LOL Got started using the supplied waterslides. Must have not been on my game as I goobered-up a couple. Sigh. So, it's Callie time

She goes together very easy. No challenges. The fit and finish is outstanding. Gorgeous foam.

Hawk
                  Well, lets see this gorgeous foam..............:Drooling:

I hate decals, I just don't have the skills to apply them without a rip or wrinkle or misaligned...........:Angry:LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Well, lets see this gorgeous foam..............:Drooling:

I hate decals, I just don't have the skills to apply them without a rip or wrinkle or misaligned...........:Angry:LOL
                    Look on the bright side, there's probably not nearly as many as on the A-10. :Silly:

Comment

• That's true. Not nearly as many. I'm still applying A-10 decals.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Too windy today to Maiden but I took the opportunity to Test for Grass ops.. Uploading vid at the moment & will post later..

Upside... I can reassure Grass flyers that the landing gear is more than up to the task .. My vid will hopefully show that ..

Downside ... Because of the very narrow stance of the mains the A4 is very prone to tipping over & even right on to its Tail causing as per pic.. Doesn't take much at all to tip it over.. I would advise guys who are putting theirs together install c/f rods to reinforce the Tail because it comes off very easily if rolled over on it's Tail.. I'm certainly going to install the c/f rods because it's a total pain if the A4 tips over & the Tail comes off resulting in no flying..

In summary I highly recommend guys spending some time practicing taxiing & runups ... You will Thank me for that ..Be very gentle on the Throttle especially when turning ...Wing skids would be a appropriate mod..I'm sure some of you guys already have something in mind.. Please share if installing some.. Also guys who are thinking of 8s .. CG would be an interesting phenomenon ..

Comment

• Video of A4 Grass Ops..

Comment

• That's not the grass we have here. Ours is bahia.
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                              Too windy today to Maiden but I took the opportunity to Test for Grass ops.. Uploading vid at the moment & will post later..

Upside... I can reassure Grass flyers that the landing gear is more than up to the task .. My vid will hopefully show that ..

Downside ... Because of the very narrow stance of the mains the A4 is very prone to tipping over & even right on to its Tail causing as per pic.. Doesn't take much at all to tip it over.. I would advise guys who are putting theirs together install c/f rods to reinforce the Tail because it comes off very easily if rolled over on it's Tail.. I'm certainly going to install the c/f rods because it's a total pain if the A4 tips over & the Tail comes off resulting in no flying..

In summary I highly recommend guys spending some time practicing taxiing & runups ... You will Thank me for that ..Be very gentle on the Throttle especially when turning ...Wing skids would be a appropriate mod..I'm sure some of you guys already have something in mind.. Please share if installing some.. Also guys who are thinking of 8s .. CG would be an interesting phenomenon ..
                              Thanks for the feedback and your thoughts on the plane. Where would you reinforce the tail if you did?

Comment

• 2x3" 4mm c/f rods fixes that issue.. That sucker ain't coming off in a hurry..:).. I wonder why Freewing didn't add these on the rear fuse when they did it with a few other of their Jets. Quite a long piece supposed to be held together by booger Glue..:Confused:

Comment

• Got it. Thanks for posting that. Good to know.

Comment

• Hint*: Epoxy! :Cool:

Comment

• I only use the included foam glue or Foam Tac to attach small parts.

For large parts, here's a recommendation: Take a small Philips screw driver (usually the one that comes with some of these foamies) and poke holes on both parts to be joined/glued. Spread a layer of epoxy on both parts, making sure to get epoxy into those small holes which act like fingers. Skim off the excess epoxy, join parts, wipe off any epoxy oozing at seam.... then wipe outside of parts with rubbing alcohol to clean off epoxy residue.

I've been using this method on foamies for 8 years. Very strong!

Comment

• what epoxy do you guys use?
                                        Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                                        Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                                        Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                                        Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• I'm definitely with xplaneguy on when to use foam glues versus epoxy.

Just about any epoxy will do. Any of the usual hobby epoxies are good for foam. This isn't fiberglass/bulkhead structural bonding so you don't need any of the super epoxies.
                                          I usually date my epoxy and throw out anything that's more than a year old. Also, for foam I usually use either 15, 30 minute or 1 hour to minimize heat from the chemical reaction causing degradation of the surrounding foam and to provide plenty of time for positioning and clean up before it sets.
                                          Epoxy is easily thinned or cleaned up with denatured or isopropyl alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X