Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys doing lights....which controller/light kit are you using and what lenses? I'm guessing T-45 stuff will be good?
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
      You guys doing lights....which controller/light kit are you using and what lenses? I'm guessing T-45 stuff will be good?
      T45 stuff will be good just make sure you use the board or the two box sequencer set up from Old Crow. I also use FMS Skytrainer lights all the time. They don't need any special driver and can y in anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
        I was wondering about flights with the ordinance, mine do not seem all that secure. Not sure i like the magnet attach points. Not as secure as the A-10's rail system. Has anyone had issues with the ordinance in flight?
        Thanks
        Tom,

Four flights yesterday with the Bullpups installed. My magnets seem very strong and I had no issues at all.
        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
          g)no ordnance installed yet. (I'm waiting for those decals!! LOL)
          Not sure if you missed the post, but decals are for sale now. ;)

Pat

Comment

• Got 4 nice flights in today...here are a vids, one with the hump and one without.

Comment

• And the 2nd..

Comment

• MWH,

The videos are set to private, so it won't allow for viewing.

Comment

• Ooops...sorry...they should work now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                    I also use FMS Skytrainer lights all the time. They don't need any special driver and can y in anywhere.
                    Right on Monkeypants Jr. LOL Been using them on everything that gets light mods and especially on my Dynam birds.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      Not sure if you missed the post, but decals are for sale now. ;)

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...6259#post96259
                      Thank you Pat, just sent you $5 and my address is included with the Paypal payment.

Tom- sorry we missed you at TORKS! I flew three more times today at my home field with the Bullpups, no issue at all with the magnets. And I didn't notice anything different as far as how it flies.

Everyone - with the flaps down for landing (and a mild wind down the runway), the Scooter just flies slower and slower until it is hardly moving. I'm still experimenting with it but I haven't seen a hint of a stall when I'm floating down the runway with the nose up right before touchdown. What an amazing little plane!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Rc Jet Dude! Loving your VMA-121 scheme. Callie is doing a VMA-211 set for me. Should be here this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                          Rc Jet Dude! Loving your VMA-121 scheme. Callie is doing a VMA-211 set for me. Should be here this week.
                          Welcome to the Squawk. Thanks. I should have my MK-81's tomorrow and I ordered an F-16 ordnance set to work over so I can get a centerline tank, the LAU-10/A's and multiple bomb rails. I plan to eventually add lights, a nose gear door and possibly main gear doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Welcome to the Squawk. Thanks. I should have my MK-81's tomorrow and I ordered an F-16 ordnance set to work over so I can get a centerline tank, the LAU-10/A's and multiple bomb rails. I plan to eventually add lights, a nose gear door and possibly main gear doors.
                            Hey! Gear doors would be a nice addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Thank you Pat, just sent you $5 and my address is included with the Paypal payment.
                              Funds received! They will be in Monday's mail.

Pat

Comment

• For sme reason the nose wheel is jittering from side to side. Should it be connected to the blue box or straight to the receiver? i have it on the blue box but the jittering stops when it is connected to the receiver although then the nosewheel will not steer
                                Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                                Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                                Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                                Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• I added a movable tail hook for my plane. Inside the foam engine cover there is a large area perfect for putting a servo to move the hook up and down for demo fly bys and ground demos. I got two flights on my A-4 yesterday with the maiden. The second flight we deployed the tail hook for a fly by and it looked great! I have two tiny rare earth magnets at the base of the hook to keep in in place when not being deployed.

Comment

• Dave,

That looks awesome! I knew somebody was going to do it (and I've thought about it myself).
                                    Pat

Comment

• It's not all that hard to do. There is a cavernous open area inside the foam engine cover for a small servo, and I fiddled with a stiff brass wire to get the geometry down until it was pretty close to the real thing. Did the same thing for my Freewing F-14 which later came to grief!

Comment

• I have servos. Might make a good rainy day project.
                                        Nice job

davegee do you have a photo you can share of the mechanism you devised?
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                          I have servos. Might make a good rainy day project.
                                          Nice job

davegee do you have a photo you can share of the mechanism you devised?
                                          Hi Seaviper: I took a couple of pics just now. The unit is very easy to remove or access with just the two screws that attach the foam engine cover. The servo that I found lying around my workshop was glued into place after I had figured out how to bend the brass wire so that it would attach to the servo arm and also into the tailhook base itself. I just made a 90 degree bend in the wire and drilled a small hole through the tail hook tube so that the tail hook would be pushed up and down as the servo moved. I also added two cylindrical rare earth magnets that I used Hysol to attach, one to the fuselage base, the other to the hook base itself so that they would snap into a "locked" up position. I found on yesterday's test that airloads didn't cause any issue with breaking the magnets' hold on each other and deploying to the down position. Also, airloads didn't push the hook partially back up towards the fuselage. Looked pretty cool, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                          X