X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swarick View Post
    I use a two cell LiFe receiver pack on my Freewing Mig 21, Me 262, and F-4. Works good, lasts long time
    Which one do you use? The Admiral?

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...aba-connectors

Comment

• Here is a closer picture of the cockpit. Most of the cockpit is sheathed in plastic, except the seat and the main instrument panel decal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2859 (1).jpg
Views:	3661
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	267816

If there's sufficient interest, I can draft a 3DPUP for the seat on a future Twitch livestream (see my signature).
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        Here is a closer picture of the cockpit. Most of the cockpit is sheathed in plastic, except the seat and the main instrument panel decal.

If there's sufficient interest, I can draft a 3DPUP for the seat on a future Twitch livestream (see my signature).
        That would be awesome!

Comment

Here is a closer picture of the cockpit. Most of the cockpit is sheathed in plastic, except the seat and the main instrument panel decal.

You bet we're interested in that! I plan to 3D print the seat and use a custom pilot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
            That's a great pack at a great price.
            Personally wouldn't go any smaller on the Mig-29. Top it off every 3-4 flights

Comment

• A fully charged 2s LiFe starts out at 7.2V then quicky drops to 6.6V (3.3V/cell). But the Freewing servo specs give a voltage range of 4.8-6V.

I'd very much like to run straight LiFe battery packs on all my bigger birds but I'm concerned that this might harm the servos.

Is it safe/recommended to run 2S LiFe on servos rated for 6V? (e.g. Freewing servos in all their PNPs)

Comment

Yes please!
                Pat

Comment

• Motion RC,

Can you clarify whether the Tiger decal on the vertical stabs. will be pre-applied at the factory or require installation by the customer?

Comment

• Pictures of the Mig next to some other birds to give people a better idea of the scale.

Thanks to Pat for pictures. The F-16 is the HSD.

Comment

• That's a darn good size!

Comment

• Looks like the 90mm F-16 and the MiG-29 are nearly to scale to each other

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
                          Looks like the 90mm F-16 and the MiG-29 are nearly to scale to each other
                          That's actually the HSD 105mm EDF F-16.

Comment

•  

Comment

Thanks for the photo. Yes, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                Pictures of the Mig next to some other birds to give people a better idea of the scale.

Thanks to Pat for pictures. The F-16 is the HSD.
                                Remember to add another 12" to the MiG-29's nose cone, and whatever length for the other birds. I know models like our 80mm F-14 in that pic have much shorter nose cones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
                                  Looks like the 90mm F-16 and the MiG-29 are nearly to scale to each other
                                  As T-Cat said, that is the HSD 105mm F-16. It is 1/8 scale, so technically larger in relative scale to the 1/9 scale 80mm MiG-29. And yet, still bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    Motion RC,

Can you clarify whether the Tiger decal on the vertical stabs. will be pre-applied at the factory or require installation by the customer?
                                    As is our M.O., we wanted to give users a sensible degree of choice for their MiG-29. So, out of the box, the MiG-29 wears standard digital camo on the vertical stabs, pre-installed from the factory. The tiger decal is one large waterslide piece and the rudder piece, and is included in the box, uninstalled. If you want to stay with a standard digital camo bird, leave the model As Is, Out-of-The-Box. If you want to add a bit off flash to your tail, the tiger decal is included, ready for your quick install in a couple minutes.

Out of the box, "0921", port and starboard:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Out Of the Box - 0921 - Port.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.2 KB ID:	267875Click image for larger version  Name:	Out of the box - 0921 - Starboard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	267880

Apply the included waterslide Tiger decal, port and starboard, to depict this livery:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiger CAG - Port.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.0 KB ID:	267876Click image for larger version  Name:	2317404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	267881

Here are the decals themselves, out of the box:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200810_092045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	267878Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200810_092106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	267879

And showing the Tiger decal's placement (self-explanatory... just apply it directly over the existing camo decal on the vertical stab)
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200810_092158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	267877

I can't decide if I like the base camo or the Tiger. Probably base camo without the Tiger for me. Or not. I don't know. Anyway, y'all have options for both. There's no wrong answer!

*Credit to Airliners.net for the reference photos used above of the full size aircraft

Comment

As is our M.O., we wanted to give users a sensible degree of choice for their MiG-29. So, out of the box, the MiG-29 wears standard digital camo on the vertical stabs, pre-installed from the factory. The tiger decal is one large waterslide piece and the rudder piece, and is included in the box, uninstalled. If you want to stay with a standard digital camo bird, leave the model As Is, Out-of-The-Box. If you want to add a bit off flash to your tail, the tiger decal is included, ready for your quick install in a couple minutes.

Out of the box, "0921", port and starboard:

Click image for larger version Name:	Out Of the Box - 0921 - Port.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.2 KB ID:	267875Click image for larger version Name:	Out of the box - 0921 - Starboard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	267880

Apply the included waterslide Tiger decal, port and starboard, to depict this livery:

Click image for larger version Name:	Tiger CAG - Port.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.0 KB ID:	267876Click image for larger version Name:	2317404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	267881

Here are the decals themselves, out of the box:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200810_092045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	267878Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200810_092106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	267879

And showing the Tiger decal's placement (self-explanatory... just apply it directly over the existing camo decal on the vertical stab)
                                      Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200810_092158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	267877

I can't decide if I like the base camo or the Tiger. Probably base camo without the Tiger for me. Or not. I don't know. Anyway, y'all have options for both. There's no wrong answer!

*Credit to Airliners.net for the reference photos used above of the full size aircraft
                                      Hi Alpha and thank you for that awesome and huge MiG-29 !!! I will go without tiger decals for sure!!! The tiger makes a bit display scheme and not very war fighter 😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post

The simple solution to this, as I have been doing for years now, is to use dual Schottky diodes to combine multiple power sources. It is a very cheap and durable solution. I use it to combine the BECs from both ESC's in my twins, and even combine it with a BEC from a receiver battery pack.
                                        The diodes avoid currents flowing into a BEC, which could effectively destroy them. Some ESCs have these diodes integrated in their BEC circuits, but some don't.
                                        Just be careful with the voltage drop.
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Well our club in the UK (LDF) has four of these hopefully coming its way, off the pre-order.

I am thinking of using a Spektrum AR637T RX with a SPM9745 Sat. I will use a low key AS3X program from my F22 (that works really well).

Coupled with 2-off Turnigy 6S 5K HD packs.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup?

Comment

Working...
                                          X