Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent! Glad someone whipped some sense into him.

Comment

• listen very carefully after third shot you can hear the bullet go by and hit the tree

Comment

• Crap yeah that was close!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	114207 SENT THE POLICE I,M STILL MAD AS HELL NEVER EVEN SAID HE WAS SORRY WHICH HE IS:Angry::Angry::Angry:....... BUT on a lighter note weather not bad got in a couple flights after work:):):):):)

Comment

• Glad you're back to flying again

Comment

Name:	
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	114432 Too windy to fly today:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Comment

• You just need a faster and/or heavier airplane....

we used to think 40 KNOTS was a good day at the slope

Ther used to be a rule in the AMA Pattern Aerobatics contest rulebook that said 40 knots direct crosswind and the contest should be cancelled.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Name:	
Size:	701.4 KB
ID:	114435 LIVIN THE DREAM:):):):):):):)

Comment

• GOT 31 AIRCRAFT FROM 800MM TO 1700MM AND ONE THAT GOES 110 MPH LANDINGS in the wind here can be challaging and expencive.:):):):Scared:

Comment

• I'm the guy in our club still flying a PZ micro P-51 (original version, modified for 2 aileron servos, 200 mah 1S instead of OEM which was I think 120 mah) when most of the rest are packing up .61 glow powered models because its "too windy"

I'm also the guy that flew in freezing rain and landed with almost 1/4 inch of ice over the entire airplane. That was a Golberg Tiger 60 with OS .91 four stroke.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• check out the approach on some of my vids very tight 180 degree turn set up land its a big square bowl.but its home

Comment

• Very cool ..another junkie:)

Comment

• LOL:Cool:
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Name:	
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	114567Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	114568Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	114569 just a few snaps

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                I'm the guy in our club still flying a PZ micro P-51 (original version, modified for 2 aileron servos, 200 mah 1S instead of OEM which was I think 120 mah) when most of the rest are packing up .61 glow powered models because its "too windy"

I'm also the guy that flew in freezing rain and landed with almost 1/4 inch of ice over the entire airplane. That was a Golberg Tiger 60 with OS .91 four stroke.
                                I was one of 2 idiots to fly in hurricane Sandy, then again flew in hurricane Harvey lol first time was with a f35 65mm eff, and the second time was a flying wing in fpv. It pissedme off though because the wind blew down my dvr hard enough to smash it. But it was a super fun flight none the less. On return trips with the wind GPS speeds were hitting 100+ mph, however airspeed was around 35.
                                Into the wind the airspeeds were around 70, and ground speed was around 5-10. Just one of those cheep thrills that turned out little more expensive since it killed my dvr. :/

Comment

• Western PA was heavily strip mined for coal decades ago and while now covered in forest, the scars still persist in spite of mitigation efforts. Some of the sites were purchased by local and state government years back for pennies on the dollar. As a part of the cleanup, some areas were turned into parks. A ten minute ride from where I live is one of those, a County Park. The rear of the park had three layers of coal each 20ft apart in elevation. The tailings were smoothed out to form gentle slopes that terrace down from a hilltop parking area. The original site was constructed as softball fields but as new and improved facilities have been built around the area, the park fields are rarely if ever used now. I first flew a Carl Goldberg Falcon 56 here in 1984, but mostly stayed away as it was then really ball fields that were used frequently.
                                  Thirty years later with electric foam ARF’s in full swing, our gang went back here to fly as it’s a really unique site. The runway sits 20ft above the surrounding terrain and all the rest in front of us just keeps sloping downward. Big, wide open, with a 250ft Runway. After a few months of proper planning and meetings, it’s now a legit flying site through the Recreation Dept and each year brings another improvement. The old outhouse in the pictures has been removed, never to return in that location, conflicting trees removed, parking lot railroad ties are now gone. The best part is all the grass is cut by the maintenance folks. We are really fortunate to have such a nice place to fly. While it’s not at my house, the ten minute drive is way worth it! Some of the gang drive a long way to fly here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	794446E5-70AA-4C6F-8F0D-5C427CA4A72D.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	114629

Name:	D33ED296-894B-4DE8-9458-936A547AD845.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	114630Click image for larger version

Name:	503E45CC-BAEB-420F-961C-51390A302D89.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	114631

Name:	3FB063AA-0F93-464A-9939-6E2A2FC80759.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	114632

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                                    Western PA was heavily strip mined for coal decades ago and while now covered in forest, the scars still persist in spite of mitigation efforts. Some of the sites were purchased by local and state government years back for pennies on the dollar. As a part of the cleanup, some areas were turned into parks. A ten minute ride from where I live is one of those, a County Park. The rear of the park had three layers of coal each 20ft apart in elevation. The tailings were smoothed out to form gentle slopes that terrace down from a hilltop parking area. The original site was constructed as softball fields but as new and improved facilities have been built around the area, the park fields are rarely if ever used now. I first flew a Carl Goldberg Falcon 56 here in 1984, but mostly stayed away as it was then really ball fields that were used frequently.
                                    Thirty years later with electric foam ARF’s in full swing, our gang went back here to fly as it’s a really unique site. The runway sits 20ft above the surrounding terrain and all the rest in front of us just keeps sloping downward. Big, wide open, with a 250ft Runway. After a few months of proper planning and meetings, it’s now a legit flying site through the Recreation Dept and each year brings another improvement. The old outhouse in the pictures has been removed, never to return in that location, conflicting trees removed, parking lot railroad ties are now gone. The best part is all the grass is cut by the maintenance folks. We are really fortunate to have such a nice place to fly. While it’s not at my house, the ten minute drive is way worth it! Some of the gang drive a long way to fly here.

Name:	794446E5-70AA-4C6F-8F0D-5C427CA4A72D.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	114629

Name:	D33ED296-894B-4DE8-9458-936A547AD845.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	114630Click image for larger version

Name:	503E45CC-BAEB-420F-961C-51390A302D89.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	114631

Name:	3FB063AA-0F93-464A-9939-6E2A2FC80759.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	114632
                                    Nice flying site. I'm originally from Rochester, although born in New Brighton Hospital in 1946. I get up to that neck of the woods once or twice a year. I have, on occasion, brought a small electric with me that I flew in a small park in Industry. Does you club allow guests? I'm a long time AMA member. Even if I couldn't fly, I'd like to come out and see your field. Is it in Brady's Run Park?

Comment

• We’re at Brush Creek Park.

Drive to the rear of the park, go passed the covered bridge and around that loop. As you exit the woods at the top make the second left turn into the old ball field parking lot. Park on the upper lot as the lower lot is the runway! We set this up as a non-sanctioned field. Beaver County Parks provides their end of the insurance coverage. Anyone is welcome to use the field provided they have AMA and observe standard AMA safety rules. I’ve also made an agreement with Zelienople airport “ 4 miles east” that as long as everybody flies below the hilltops, were good. Let your conscience be your guide! I do expect some closure of the park due to off n on flooding of Brush Creek till around April. After that it’s normally fine. By May expect a couple or few fliers in the evenings during week nights and busy days on the weekend.

This site is set up for electric only. Anyone who would like to fly gas can do so at the far rear of the park as there is another runway for that there. This is in consideration of other park patrons looking for a quiet peaceful walk in the park... During light traffic days we take turns flying airplanes, quads, helie’s, or a mix. On heavy use days the quads n helie’s shift left to the ballfield at the north end as the planes need a runway to takeoff n land. Single airplane flight, stunt it up as you desire. Multiple airplanes flying we observe a standard loop pattern into prevailing winds down the runway so we ain’t bumping into each other. Just call out your intentions and don’t walk onto the runway without announcing it!

We’ll look forward to seeing you there this season!

Bob

Comment

• Nice field Ole-T, now thats the kind of Gov't cooperation we should all be getting.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Gman
                                          The maintenance guys treat us great out there, even plow the runway for us!

Comment

Working...
                                          X