• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's just too cool!

Comment

• Nice blue skies ahead
      Attached Files

Comment

• hay rifeman put on a t28 for ya and a tail dragger for good measure:Cool:

Comment

• Hahaha! Yes! That's very cool!:Cool:

Comment

• Got around to building my avant I from scratch and dent parts and an inrunner 12bl...still flying the one I glued back togeather

Comment

• "Warbirds are Us" (at least I hope I don't go out of business). Love flying my Beast, Yaks and Stinger Jet, but there is something about the Warbirds (like my adventures in taking off and landing-Women and Children RUN). Fortunately, the B-24's takeoff and land like a dream so I only have to keep a limited inventory of retracts, struts and props. But for the Corsair, 1700mm P-51 and the Spitfire, I go through those parts faster than Motion can restock! Don't you just love tail draggers!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Couple more shots of the progress found motor I was going to use no good has anyone tried the freewing inrunner set up in an avanti

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  "Warbirds are Us" (at least I hope I don't go out of business). Love flying my Beast, Yaks and Stinger Jet, but there is something about the Warbirds (like my adventures in taking off and landing-Women and Children RUN). Fortunately, the B-24's takeoff and land like a dream so I only have to keep a limited inventory of retracts, struts and props. But for the Corsair, 1700mm P-51 and the Spitfire, I go through those parts faster than Motion can restock! Don't you just love tail draggers!
                  Nice mods on the corsair! I see you noticed the FMS ordinance would fit. Got the rockets on mine too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Nice mods on the corsair! I see you noticed the FMS ordinance would fit. Got the rockets on mine too.
                    Although the Red Bull Corsair was sold through Horizon under Staufenbiel as the manufacturer, it was really produced for Staufenbiel by FMS. All the parts were interchangeable from FMS's 1400mm model, which only had a few paint differences and no Red Bull decals. The only thing missing on the Red Bull version was the attachment seats for the drop tanks. A cut-out in the wing is there for it, but FMS doesn't sell that small part alone (comes with the whole wing already installed). So I just ordered the rockets, which as you know fit with no modifications and used a 1" PVC pipe cut to 3" in length, cut a 3/8" channel in it (see photos), and the drop tanks slide right on "just like downtown". As Horizon was phasing out this Red Bull Corsair, I bought a second at a good price (initially for parts which at the time I didn't know it was an FMS plane), so at least I have the fuselage with the decals on it. Staufenbiel also had a Red Bull Edge, which I purchased, and I love the plane (also have a new spare in a box). However, I haven't figured out who built this for them yet. Got it for $150, complete BNF. The AR636, ESC, servos and motor were worth the price. I keep coming close to selling both of these spares to a couple guys in our club who have been after them, but each time I almost give in, I change my mind and realize they're worth more to me in parts than what I could sell them for.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Although the Red Bull Corsair was sold through Horizon under Staufenbiel as the manufacturer, it was really produced for Staufenbiel by FMS. All the parts were interchangeable from FMS's 1400mm model, which only had a few paint differences and no Red Bull decals. The only thing missing on the Red Bull version was the attachment seats for the drop tanks. A cut-out in the wing is there for it, but FMS doesn't sell that small part alone (comes with the whole wing already installed). So I just ordered the rockets, which as you know fit with no modifications and used a 1" PVC pipe cut to 3" in length, cut a 3/8" channel in it (see photos), and the drop tanks slide right on "just like downtown". As Horizon was phasing out this Red Bull Corsair, I bought a second at a good price (initially for parts which at the time I didn't know it was an FMS plane), so at least I have the fuselage with the decals on it. Staufenbiel also had a Red Bull Edge, which I purchased, and I love the plane (also have a new spare in a box). However, I haven't figured out who built this for them yet. Got it for $150, complete BNF. The AR636, ESC, servos and motor were worth the price. I keep coming close to selling both of these spares to a couple guys in our club who have been after them, but each time I almost give in, I change my mind and realize they're worth more to me in parts than what I could sell them for.
                      Edge 540 is FMS too! I have both as well. Already ordered FMS parts for both planes. I got the Edge from Horizon for $146! Got the corsair from Hobbyzone.com on clearance for $259! Fantastic planes.

Comment

• I decided the Waco needed a wooden prop (and preferably, one that was a bit better balanced than the stock nylon). I picked up a Top Flite 12x6 from the local hobby shop today, gave it some tip paint, and mounted it on the plane. Considerably less shaking with motor running, and looks much nicer, too. Held the plane back and did a full throttle check, and dang, that motor has some pull!

Comment

• That's awesome, excellent job on the build!

Comment

• Now, as soon as I get my decals from Callie, I can finish it up and take it for its maiden flight.

Comment

• Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                I decided the Waco needed a wooden prop (and preferably, one that was a bit better balanced than the stock nylon). I picked up a Top Flite 12x6 from the local hobby shop today, gave it some tip paint, and mounted it on the plane. Considerably less shaking with motor running, and looks much nicer, too. Held the plane back and did a full throttle check, and dang, that motor has some pull!
                                XOAR makes some nice scale outline wood props. They don't do the detailing work. These are more efficient props than the Top Flite or Master Airscrew wood props.
                                The added efficiency sometimes shows in more useful thrust or higher rpm and sometimes as increased flight time (lower wattmeter reading, but the same useful thrust)

They do cost a bit more, but I think they are worth it.

Check if your favorite supplier can get them.

Note that the example pic here shows one that someone detailed more than what comes when you order these.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I'll look into those, FH, possibly even for the Sensei as well. I figured with the Top Flite only costing about $4 at the LHS, it wasn't going to be the highest quality out there, but it's still head and shoulders above the stock nylon prop. That one, putting it on an ink pen (not even an actual balancing rig with low friction bearings), one blade always falls. When I ran the motor with the nylon prop, I could see obvious vibration in the plane. I even tried some light sanding on the heavy side, and couldn't take enough off to come close to balancing it. I was worried if I did end up taking enough, it might weaken what was left.

Edit: Desert Aircraft, that carries the Xoar props, is right here in Tucson! How have I missed that?

Comment

• Wing fences made from clear plexiglass almost invisablecool

Comment

• That is pretty cool, I like it

Comment

• The "Twins" were out today.
                                        (and yes, a blade is missing on the B26. Thankfully had a spare!)

Comment

• Nice club pavilion :Cool:
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X