X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thegecko View Post
    Hi All, I recently purchased the V2 C130 only to find the inner flaps servos were so far forward they hardly moved. Without damaging the wing to remove them and re align the arms looks to be the only option. Any one else have this issue. Trimmed down the control rod and used all of my sub trim and the flap still does not fully retract due to control arm mounting.
    Have you considered using flap sub-trim to change the starting point of the flaps travel? Then, if needed, you can adjust flap servo travel to get more travel at the other end. Then, once you are in the flap menu (assuming that you've chosen "1AIL, 1 flap" in the aircraft type), you can dial in 1/2 and full flaps as needed. You shouldn't have to remove anything or re-align the arm to do this.

Comment

• to close the inner flap due to servo travel I had to set sub trim at 225 the maximum and trim at 64 to close the flap right up. Downside very little movement on the flap when using it. On another point, what is the best spot to situate the receiver? They say to get it as close to the cg as possible for the gyro. There is not a lot of room close due to the main board on the roof and landing gear in the floor.

Comment

to close the inner flap due to servo travel I had to set sub trim at 225 the maximum and trim at 64 to close the flap right up. Downside very little movement on the flap when using it. On another point, what is the best spot to situate the receiver? They say to get it as close to the cg as possible for the gyro. There is not a lot of room close due to the main board on the roof and landing gear in the floor.
        There really isn't much movement in those flaps, but it seems to be enough. The inner flaps move very little compared to the outer ones and even those don't move too much.
        Don't stress too much over where the gyro goes. Putting it near the CG is "old school". Many planes that come with gyros these days have them mounted nowhere near the CG and they work just fine. My RX is far in front of the battery straps and my gyro is beside the RX mounted next to the side wall. The plane flies very solid even in some stiff winds.

Comment

• Hi Guy's, I am using a Spektrum AR8360T receiver. When I to go into the system menu the engines and and lights kick in, when I back out they stop. Attempted to upload a video of it without success. Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

Hi Guy's, I am using a Spektrum AR8360T receiver. When I to go into the system menu the engines and and lights kick in, when I back out they stop. Attempted to upload a video of it without success. Anyone else have this issue?
            When you go into the system settings menu, your TX stops talking to the RX. That's why it asks you if you are sure you want to do that. The RX sees it as a sudden and total signal loss. Before going into the system, you should be disconnecting the battery from the plane.

Comment

Hi Guy's, I am using a Spektrum AR8360T receiver. When I to go into the system menu the engines and and lights kick in, when I back out they stop. Attempted to upload a video of it without success. Anyone else have this issue?
              Sounds like your receiver is going into fail-safe mode, where preset channel setting kick in when there is a loss of transmitter signal.

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post
                Hello everyone. I would like to share the issue of loose controls in the C 130. I purchased the model more than a year ago and it was my big surprise when there were loose elevator and rudder when folding. Reading the forum you can see that the problem is not unique ... I decided to fix it in a good way not to come back to it. I peeled off a piece of foam on the steering enhancement. There is a carbon tube on the elevator, right next to the hinges, you need to be careful. It turns out that friends from the Far East stuck the halves of the steering wheel together, but they did not glue into the hinges, so they are loose. I invite you to the movie, best regards
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20220427_105550.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	344421
                https://youtu.be/75bnf26Dz98
                I saw your video on YouTube i think mate.

Comment

• I'll try to post a video soon
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Finally it flew

Comment

• ISO propeller hex screws for my build of the C-130. Anyone know the size?

Comment

• Has anyone upgraded the ESCs on their C-130. One of mine overheated and burned out. Thanks in advance. My project is Click image for larger version

Name:	327476029_851819922556846_7988719417279377543_n.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	374234 a conversion from the Civilian Transport to fat Albert...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X