Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah!! Gotta push thru... It will get gone. :Cool: Just a lot to do!!!

Comment

• Going to "lunch" and taking some Ibuprofen and rest for a bit. My back is killing me...

Comment

• Good job buddy. I am enjoying following your build.

Comment

• Yeah I had to do the same as I had some pain hit me as this is the second day for it. Guess I pulled something rebuilding my easy up canopy frame. Popped out all the crappy flimsy aluminum that bent up and cracked, and replaced it with solid steel bars. It's a bit heavier than it use to be, but it darn sure wont bend anymore haha!LOL

Comment

• looking good, nice progress
            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Still working out the motor boxes. I almost started gluing and then realized there were a lot more holes to measure for center and then drill... And I have to find the new center on the round firewalls since my old marks are gone...

Comment

• IEEE! That's always fun...:Scared:

Comment

• After all the dry-fitting here, I will epoxy the boxes together, then add corner bracing and finally the box will be screwed together. Then FINALLY, the box will be epoxied to the old firewall, screws added for security and strength. Then on to painting them all interior green... :Drooling::Whew: Then mount the motors!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• A couple more before I hit the bed... I painted the Robart air tank yellow like an oxygen cylinder. And this is a shot Ben sent me of one of the bomber crew in progress. He is saving my bacon (on time) by painting them for me!!! Thanks Ben!!! :Cool: Great job as always.... Night all. Hoping for an early start!!

Comment

• Oh yeah! Love it! I cant wait to see her complete and in the air! :Cool:

Comment

• It is always easier to build than to re-build, outstanding job so far!!

Comment

• Thank you guys!! I appreciate the kind words and the morale boost! I didn't get the early start that I hoped for, however.... I did get some good rest and am ready for a long day today!! So let's see what we can get done!!!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Templates for finding the center of the motor boxes on the round firewalls.... Worked that out early this AM (0130) and cut them out for use...

Comment

• Received my LED order today from Evan Designs https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/products/3-volt-leds. I will use the 3mm LEDS for the navigation lights on the spine of the vertical stab and the horizontal stabs, (7) total... I am using a Freewing landing gear door sequencer https://www.motionrc.com/collections...r-sequencer-v2 in conjunction with a Freewing light controller V3 https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-controller-v3 from Motion. This reduces the voltage from the receiver to the LEDS to the voltage necessary. It also allows the 5W landing LEDS to turn on and off with the flip of the landing gear switch (channel 5). The timing is really fantastic and realistic... No mechanical switches necessary, even with pneumatic Robart retracts. This only uses the gear channel. It will have a Y-harness. One lead for the retract servo (for the Robart gear), and one lead for the landing gear sequencer and everything else is plugged into that system...

Comment

• Ben finished the crew today!!!! Check them out if you have time!! https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...service/page12 Scroll down to the bottom of the page....

Comment

• Getting excited about them flying the old bird.... :):Cool:

Comment

• Now to get their home ready :)

Comment

• Working on it right now!!!!

Comment

• A few shots of the motor box progress today... More pics to come when I have time to process them...

Comment

• Those are looking great!

Comment

Working...
                                          X