X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by plane.chuck@gmail.com View Post
    I got my FlghtLine FW190 Dora and one of the wing mounting holes would not line up. I could get one screw in but then I could not even see the other hole thru the wing. The plastic mounting bracket in the wing is mounted crooked. I tried shims and they did not work. After twisting the wing I could see a very small portion of the hole. I had to find a much thinner screw and really force it in at an angle to get it in the hole. All that Customer support at Motion RC said was that "it could be a bit of a challenge to get the holes to line up". They should say that is the listing for the plane and see how many they would sell. Also, the motor is mounted a really right angle which they said was normal.
    Sorry you had a tough time there. I have to say that my FW-190-D9 model and a flying buddies had no alignment issues. On another brand of ARF, I have had to remove a wing mounting bracket and move it and remount it be able to bolt the wing on. The sad truth is that we will never get perfect ARFs at the prices we are willing to pay and some tweaks will be required by the owners at times.

The model should have a visible amount of right thrust when viewed from above. If yours seems to have excessive right thrust, take a picture from above looking down, with the prop positioned horizontally and post it here.

My little FW is one of my favorite knock around aircraft. Really tracks well, does smooth aerobatics.

I added a rudder servo and cut and hinged the rudder. A very easy mod and makes point rolls and slow rolls better and it makes stall turns and wing overs possible.

Comment

• I have had similar issues with hole alignment and tried everything from changing which screws I put in first.
      ihave found that putting the screws in partially and then finding which one dosent line up.
      So I pull the opposite side out while pushing the misaligned hole side in. Then I use a very small punch or screwdriver to go into the misaligned surface then the hole on the fuse and gently pry into position or as close as possible. Then when I seem to be lined up I screw the misaligned screw in first and then tighten the others.
      Of course if it is badly misaligned you may have to create a new hole that does line up.

Comment

• I finally got it in the air and now I have made 2 flights. First flight took a lot of trimming to get it to smooth out. The second flight was great. Plane flies great and I was using a 3 cell. This plane will be a rocket on 4 cells. I ordered a new wing now that it is flying good. Broke both wing tips on first flight attempt. I have someone launch it for me. That works better.

Comment

Working...
        X