Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

THANX Lauren
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here is a peek under the cardboard hood of the Allied Green version:

Comment

Heya Bajora, good to see ya here brother... You definately picked the right forum to do your reveal at !
        Guys & Gal, the tamiya tape works really well. I have even pealed and re-used it. I also had really good results using the waterbased hobbycraft paints from walmart and michaels. The silver was perfect for several patch ups and re-paints. I actually think its the same product that Lauren linked too.
        The anticipation of waiting for the vid and then getting one is !!!!!!!!!! :) DJ
        FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
        DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
        Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
        J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora

OK Bajora, It was an ad for Fly RC that I first saw this plane. Not only did I pre-order the plane but I had to subscribe to your magazine. I hope my subscription starts before you guys feature it!!!

Comment

Great to see you here Bajora! Nice teases by the way...looking forward to your review big time!!

Couldn't agree with the consensus more on the Hobby Squawk forums...nice change from the...well...lets say "other forum". The over all feeling around here is so positive and respectful.
            [hr]
            Alpha or Aros...

Looking to put my pre-order in in a few days at the first of the month...will that be too late? Many left? I can finagle some funds and do it tonight if I have to...

Thanks,

SM
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D
            Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Is there going to be a review here?

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneCrazy

OK Bajora,  It was an ad for Fly RC that I first saw this plane.  Not only did I pre-order the plane but I had to subscribe to your magazine.  I hope my subscription starts before you guys feature it!!!
                Glad to hear you subscribed to FlyRC my friend (Thank you!) but just to be perfectly clear, the review of the P38 will be featured in the AMA's Model Aviation Magazine. It is included as a part of the benefits of being an AMA member.

Comment

Starck Mad, at the current rate we hope to still have P-38s available for pre-order on the first of February, but unfortunately we cannot predict how long the remaining ones will last. We ordered more than usual for a first release and they're still selling out very, very quickly. I hope you get one in the first shipment, Starck!

Thanks to everyone for your support!

And yes, Bajora and the team at Model Aviation have been kind enough to feature our Flightline 1600mm P-38 on the cover of Model Aviation in an upcoming issue hitting store shelves mid-March. We've given them exclusive access for a review article and the usual "Bajora Treatment", as I call it.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I have my Admiral 4s 35c 3000mAh LiPo's cycled several times for break in; DuBro 2.75inch diamond treaded wheels ready for deployment, DX6 programmed with a slot for the airframe, Spektrum AR7610 receiver waiting for deployment, brushes cleaned and ready for two coats of Minwax Polycrylic Gloss and a PVC hangar bay ready for this incoming silver P-38. It will probably arrive when I am on a business trip up to the great white North next month with my luck - LOL

TwistedGrin

Comment

I just put in my order for green/gray version. I'm very excited to take everything I've read in the blog and incorporate the good ideas into the build like tires, Stripes and such.
                      I'm going to go with two batteries. I'm going to use the Admiral 3000.
                      I can't wait for the delivery. I'm anxious to hear about folks maiden flights.

Comment

Alpha,

You list these dimensions for wheel sizes:
                        Stock Wheel Measurements
                        Main Wheel: 20mm wide, 65mm tall,
                        Main Wheel Axle: 4mm axle diameter, ~33mm of total width (20mm of which is the wheel, 10mm of which is the collar, and 2mm of which is extra)
                        Nose Wheel: 12mm wide, 60mm tall
                        Nose Strut’s Axle: 4mm wide, 24mm of total width (12mm of which is the wheel, 10mm of which is the collar, and 2mm of which is extra)

I'm looking at the Dubro Diamond Lite 2.50 and 2.75 wheels and wondered if the extra width on these wheels will be a problem. I know you are not looking for things to do but would appreciate a yea or nay on whether these wheels are the appropriate replacement size and if they would work.

thanks,
                        Andy

Comment

Hi Andy, I'm happy to help.

The Dubro 2.75" Low Bounce Treaded wheels I used for the upcoming "Tips and Tricks" video fit perfectly. I don't know the width of Dubro's Diamond Lite wheel, but I can't imagine it's much different from Dubro's Low Bounce Treaded wheel. As long as the main wheel is 22mm or less in width, you can drop them in with the stock axle and stock wheel collar without any modification.The nose wheel you'd want to be a maximum of 20mm. I know that because I swapped the stock main wheel (20mm wide) to the stock nose wheel axle and it fit perfectly without any extra axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad
                            Alpha or Aros...

Looking to put my pre-order in in a few days at the first of the month...will that be too late? Many left?  I can finagle some funds and do it tonight if I have to...

Thanks,

SM
                            I can't give out the exact numbers but I will say hurry hurry, especially if it's the OD you want.  :P 
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I so happy I put my order in. The FMS P-38 was a wash out with me. It is a display piece now. I just ordered the tires you recommended. I am a fan of Dubro tires, especially the low bounce ones. Alpha, when will your video be out? I want to watch before building. These are always useful and same much frustration. By the way, I could not help myself and purchased the e-flight corsair as well. I am running out of space fast for storage.
                              [hr]
                              Originally posted by PlaneCrazy

OK Bajora,  It was an ad for Fly RC that I first saw this plane.  Not only did I pre-order the plane but I had to subscribe to your magazine.  I hope my subscription starts before you guys feature it!!!
                              Glad to hear you subscribed to FlyRC my friend (Thank you!) but just to be perfectly clear, the review of the P38 will be featured in the AMA's Model Aviation Magazine. It is included as a part of the benefits of being an AMA member.
                              Oh yea,  I cannot wait to read the review.  You guys are on a roll now.  Keep them coming.

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, we're actually working on the videos as we speak. We'll have a 7 minute Features/Flight Video, and also a 30 minute Assembly Video, for each FlightLine aircraft. These are just teaser videos to keep everyone's appetite satiated until Mike and Ryan can give the model their Pro treatment next month when the container shipment arrives. Hopefully by then the snow thaws out a bit and the sun comes out to play over there!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
                                  Hi Andy, I'm happy to help.

The Dubro 2.75" Low Bounce Treaded wheels I used for the upcoming "Tips and Tricks" video fit perfectly. I don't know the width of Dubro's Diamond Lite wheel, but I can't imagine it's much different from Dubro's Low Bounce Treaded wheel.  As long as the main wheel is 22mm or less in width, you can drop them in with the stock axle and stock wheel collar without any modification.The nose wheel you'd want to be a maximum of 20mm. I know that because I swapped the stock main wheel (20mm wide) to the stock nose wheel axle and it fit perfectly without any extra axle.
                                  Well Alpha, the 2.50 Diamond Lite for the nose wheel is 20mm but they don't list a width for the 2.75 wheel, although the stated width of the Dubro Low Bounce 2.75" wheel is 23mm so I should be OK

thanks for the help
                                  Andy

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, we're actually working on the videos as we speak. We'll have a 7 minute Features/Flight Video, and also a 30 minute Assembly Video, for each FlightLine aircraft. These are just teaser videos to keep everyone's appetite satiated until Mike and Ryan can give the model their Pro treatment next month when the container shipment arrives. Hopefully by then the snow thaws out a bit and the sun comes out to play over there!
                                    No problem with snow HERE on the West Coast. :P

Having grown up in the Midwest though, I am all too familiar with the limitations imposed by the seasons. For me, drought conditions not withstanding, the snow is usually just a few hours drive away. You literally CAN ski and surf in the same day here during the winter months.

I hope Ryan and Mike get some agreeable weather, so they can work their usual magic with these new FlightLineRC models.

Comment

No problem with snow HERE on the West Coast.  :P

Having grown up in the Midwest though, I am all too familiar with the limitations imposed by the seasons. For me, drought conditions not withstanding, the snow is usually just a few hours drive away. You literally CAN ski and surf in the same day here during the winter months.

I hope Ryan and Mike get some agreeable weather, so they can work their usual magic with these new FlightLineRC models.
                                      Depends on where on the West Coast.................here in Oregon, it's cold and snowy.... :P

Comment

We have still been out filming and taking photos of other projects. You better believe when there is an opportunity we will take it. I can't wait to see everyone start getting theirs. All fantastic subjects and a terrific time in RC! Jon! I Unbox thing already, will ya!

Alpha, I look forward to seeing your vids as well. I know I'm not the only one clamoring to see these in action. I'm even more excited to see them in my hand! Lol

Ryan

Comment

standing by for video, picks, delivery updates...... :D Thanks Guys
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X