Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Well take a LOOK at these graphics, will ya?! The Alllied Green comes with the goods to recreate four different squadrons/schemes. That should give us pilots a one in four chance of having a customized airframe that is different from the fellow P-38 owners at the club, right?! I like the graphics application key/reference sheet that is also included.

And for those who prefer more of a one-off customization scheme, who you gonna call? Miss Callie of course!

Comment

this is a really nice touch, not only supplying different schemes but also not applying them so we can put on what we want or paint first etc. Lots of detailed smallish ones too :o))
      rc flyin addict

Comment

Looking good, Bajora. Sharp eyed readers will notice that the photos I've posted of my P-38s don't have the nomenclature stencils applied, which are visible on the sheet in Bajora's photo. His sample is directly off the assembly line in order to make the Model Aviation cover deadline, so pilots can look forward to their P-38s having even more details with these nomenclature stencils than previously shown. There are about EIGHTY stencils, aside from the livery-specific decals (nose art, tail numbers, etc).

Callie sells 1/10 scale P-38 decal sets which are excellent as well, if the 8 options we offer from FlightLine aren't what someone is looking for. She has 18 different P-38 options, most of which are L variants. As always, Callie is my number one source for custom decals and I highly recommend her. Many of Motion RC's staff have used her products as well and we agree she can't be beat for custom decals.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha and Aros for the reply...I'm going to try to get on the stick and get a OD one soon. Hope I don't miss out!

SM
          Big time propeller head
          Love flying scale and 3D
          Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Definitely!

As for Callie, I can't say enough about her. She's come through for all of my custom needs time-and-time again!

Thanks for the photos Bajora, keep 'em coming!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Amen to Callie! I have no idea how she does what she does at such a reasonable price. I told one of my club members about her as he has a My Twin Dream (MTD) which kind of looks like a C-130. He had her do up a US Coast Guard scheme and was super impressed with her work.

Anyways, I hope you guys have some of these P-38s this summer when I can afford one. Got to get Xmas paid off first. :)
              Lauren

Comment

Aros...

I have a bunch of the Admiral 4000 4s batteries...any chance you could use two of those? Or is two 3000's absolutely as big as you can go?

Thanks,

SM
                Big time propeller head
                Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

and yes, Callie does have this one! already have it.
                  http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/9c/62/7c9c62d34febcf324fbddfaeb12fd9c0.jpg
                  www.TSHobbies.com
                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet
                    this is a really nice touch, not only supplying different schemes but also not applying them so we can put on what we want or paint first etc. Lots of detailed smallish ones too :o))
                    +1. Nice work fellas, that is a nice touch. Arrgggh this bird is killing me. I've been looking for a nice p38 for some time, I hope the scuttlebutt is right that this will be available at RC castle, otherwise I'm gonna have to ask some favours from my USA mates in getting one lol. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies
                      http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/9c/62/7c9c62d34febcf324fbddfaeb12fd9c0.jpg
                      Beautiful! (I'll betcha that picture would get censored at RC Groups. :P )

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad
                        Aros...

I have a bunch of the Admiral 4000 4s batteries...any chance you could use two of those? Or is two 3000's absolutely as big as you can go?

Hmm, that's a question for Alpha our FW/R&D extraordinaire...I think the two 4000's might be too big (I think the 3000's are perfect fit) but you will want to check with Alpha to be 100% certain.  
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Ah love Thoughts of Midnite...Someone has to do that one before I do, lol...
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Just put in my pre-order with MotionRC for this plane in Allied Green (looks brown to me but :rolleyes: ). I wasn't going to do this just now but our dollar perked up today by about a cent and I got my VISA cash back today, so what the heck.

(On soap box for a moment) ................ I was also following along with the P-40B thread at RC Groups and was on the verge of pushing the "buy" button on that one, but .....................................
                            There are times when the decision to buy can hinge upon how a conversation goes on an internet forum. That RCG P-40B thread took an ugly turn. There were just enough RCG fanboys and even MotionRC fanboys that made the thread distasteful. They would jump on someone's back just for having questions and moreso, for having concerns about the product. Those (on the most part) who are with MotionRC stayed out of it (as they should) but others made the thread unpalatable and my interest in the P-40 evaporated. The moral of the story ................ As much as enthusiasts (and fanboys) want to stand up for a product and their favorite seller, their negative actions can destroy the desire for a prospective customer to push that "buy" button. Remember, even someone who is not quite convinced to buy or who may have some doubts or concerns about a product, will still buy it. There can be hundreds of such people out there who lurk on these forums and what they read and witness can and will affect the decision to buy. If they perceive a product as being pushed by enthusiasts who are jerks and those jerks "rain on the parade" of prospective buyers, it is quite easy for those buyers to turn away from that product and that seller. It happened to me with the P-40. How many others did this happen to? Makes you kinda wonder, don't it? ;)
                            Oh, and the hearty welcome I got when I came here certainly didn't hurt my decision to buy the P-38.
                            (Off soap box.)

Comment

Those are very good points xviper.  It happens a lot in RC forums.  One thing that makes Hobby Squawk cool in my eyes is that although Motion RC controls it, we are under NO directive to do anything other than participate in the community.  From being fair moderators to just being another fellow member passionate about RC airplanes.  Of course it's a benefit that we can use Hobby Squawk as another outlet to promote our product, and give members exclusive first looks at exclusive product, however under no circumstance have we been directed by ownership to do anything other than be active participants in the community.

And this paradigm is at the very center of why I love working for Motion RC.  We don't just sell the product, we FLY the product, and we're passionate about all kinds of RC electric airplanes including ones we might not carry.  When I started working for MRC, I worked in Customer Support and it was quickly realized that above ANYTHING else, we wanted our customers to be taken care of properly.  If that means moving a newbie away from that hot $500 90MM EDF jet on to a trainer worth a fraction of that sale, that was all we cared about.

That same idea is translated over to Hobby Squawk.  Sure we will promote new product, but we will also be fair and unbiased when it comes to anything RC airplane related because WE TOO are passionate RC pilots who can relate to the typical ups and downs of the hobby.  

The downside (if there's any downside) for me is that I have been an active member of RC Groups for many years, and sometimes it's hard for Aros the RC Electric Warbird Nut to not want to put on my Aros The Motion RC Employee hat to defend what I know goes on behind the scenes (in terms of how much time, effort, research and temp taking of the RC electric community) of, say a new exclusive model like this P-38 for instance.  It's understandably difficult for those not privy to the inner-workings of said product to realize just how much in fact we are advocates for the majority of this wonderful foam electric warbirds.  

So thank you for your comments and I hope I didn't offend with my remarks...It's just that yours got me thinking.  Not always a great thing but once in awhile I can scrape a few cohesive thoughts together, LOL!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros, I appreciate your post. One aspect of these forums is to stimulate the thought process in varying ways.

Comment

+1. :)

Comment

From Bajoras pics of the sneak peek inside the box, it looks like there are a lot of decals to be applied by the modeler. Is this correct for the production model? If so, it would make it easier to apply custom vinyl livery, or otherwise customize your fork tail devil.

Comment

Aros...

Its amazing how much you can learn when you go back and actually read the entire thread...lol. I read it all and Alpha covered the battery options in detail with in the first few pages. I'll be going with the 5000 50c's.

Thanks again!

SM
                                      [hr]
                                      Originally posted by CubCrazy
                                      From Bajoras pics of the sneak peek inside the box, it looks like there are a lot of decals to be applied by the modeler.  Is this correct for the production model?  If so, it would make it easier to apply custom vinyl livery, or otherwise customize your fork tail devil.
                                      Yep...4 sets with each model. I think Alpha gave the list on the first couple of pages with pictures...

Pretty nice over here on Hobby Squawk isn't it Cub?

SM
                                      (AdamStang)
                                      Big time propeller head
                                      Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Originally posted by xviper
                                        Beautiful!  (I'll betcha that picture would get censored at RC Groups.   :P  )
                                        OK, I hate to be the dumb one but...
                                        Who is Callie? I'm relatively new to this and I have not context for that reference.

Comment

OK, I hate to be the dumb one but...
                                          Who is Callie? I'm relatively new to this and I have not context for that reference.

Many folks have been using Callie for custom vinyl graphics ... for years! She is pretty darn amazing. I have often just given here the basic dimensions of my model, a few jpgs of the scheme I am after and voila! She is really great at getting the scale right.

http://www.callie-graphics.com/

What she lists on her web site is by no means all she does. Just about any custom graphics or warbird scheme that you can find, she has done or can do for you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X