Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Originally posted by TwistedGrin
    Wow - makes me think about changing my pre order to an OD instead of the silver !!!!!  uhhh-eeek-wwrrhk-grind-@#$%.....hummmmm
    TwistedGrin
    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
    Man those turbos look SWEEEEEET!!
    Since I own a silver FMS P-38 I went with the green. I really happy now that I did. Keep those pictures coming.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

nice detail paint work, makes it tough to decide, I have a p-51 in silver and olive but the p-38 just looks great in silver scheme. It's a tough call, I cannot justify getting both but it's tempting.
      Will we be seeing more picks from this current production run ? Would be nice to see both as they will be delivered as it helps with the difficult decision.
      rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora
        Originally posted by Starck Mad
        Bajora...

Couldn't help but notice you are currently building the P-38 (blessed fella you) ...what do you think my chances of getting that puppy in my 04' Mustang are? I'm thinking wings off and gear up it should be doable...

I'd ask what your impressions are so far but I'm betting you're saving the good stuff for your article... :D

Thanks,

SM
        Adam, nice to run into you over here! Once I have it somewhat assembled, I will try to throw out some dimensions of the airframe with the booms attached to the center section and the gear retracted. Or perhaps a photo of me slipping it into the back seat of my F350 extended cab?
        Hey bud...nice to see you here too! Really liking the HS forum...refreshing change compared to...well...you know. :rolleyes: Alpha gave me some measurements...done deal...I'll be ordering in the next day or two! Really looking forward to your review...

Adam
        Big time propeller head
        Love flying scale and 3D
        Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Bajora's photos are of an Allied Green 100% final production model literally taken out of our container at the last minute before it left the factory to be loaded onto the container ship. So as you see his, that's exactly what all the pre-orders will look like. :) To ensure it was an objective review and not a "pick of the litter", we literally pulled a box from a pile and didn't open it or give it any further QC than what all the others have. I'd like this to be a blind evaluation as much as possible.

Unfortunately we don't have a 100% final production Pacific Silver at the moment. Pilot Ryan will feature that one in his media shortly after the container arrives. For now, the foam quality, level of pre-assembly, nomenclature, and overall fit/finish/quality on Bajora's product sample can also be transposed to the Silver, the only difference being color.

We were at a full sprint for the past several days to complete the production run and ship it out before Chinese New Year, which as of yesterday has essentially shut down work for at least two weeks. Each year we plan for at least four weeks of slowdown, due to factory turnover, vacation travel, shipping backlogs. When it came down to it, it was more important to make the shipping cutoff, which I'm happy to say, we did! Now it's up to the Pacific currents and US Customs to help or hurt that final arrival date.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Yeah I too am enjoying the "fresh" feeling of a new forum based site.  ;)

Though I have the MRC recommended 4S packs inbound for the review (4S 2500mAh and 4S 3000mAh), I kinda wanted to make up an EC5 to twin Deans Ultra Style so that I could also explore using a larger single 4S pack (though I am not even 100% certain I have 4S packs of 5000-6000mAh in my inventory).

Too many minutes and several singed fingertips later I have it done. I used genuine Deans 12 ga stranded wire, really good quality stuff. But you really have to tin that stuff well. And it was tricky to get two pieces of it into the EC5 pins. If you are not really comfortable soldering your own, I might recommend going with a pre-made adapter. Provided the person or company you buy it from is good at soldering the larger gauge wires and connectors.  :P

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
              Bajora's photos are of an Allied Green 100% final production model literally taken out of our container at the last minute before it left the factory to be loaded onto the container ship. So as you see his, that's exactly what all the pre-orders will look like. :)

Unfortunately we don't have a 100% final production Pacific Silver at the moment. Pilot Ryan will feature that one in his media after the container arrives.

We were at a full sprint for the past several days to complete the production run and ship it out before Chinese New Year, which as of yesterday has essentially shut down work for at least two weeks. Each year we plan for at least four weeks of slowdown, due to factory turnover, vacation travel, shipping backlogs. When it came down to it, it was more important to make the shipping cutoff, which I'm happy to say, we did! Now it's up to the Pacific currents and US Customs to help or hurt that final arrival date.
              You guys are doing a helluva job Alpha...we appreciate all your hard work and all those involved getting this one to market!  So...about that video... ;)
              Big time propeller head
              Love flying scale and 3D
              Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

[/quote]

You guys are doing a helluva job Alpha...we appreciate all your hard work and all those involved getting this one to market!  So...about that video... ;)
                [/quote]

I'm happy to say that the videos are with our publishing team at the moment so they're off my plate. I believe they're watermarking the videos and rendering them down to a size YouTube can fit. Shouldn't be long now!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedGrin
                  Not sure what to think here..... I deployed an Aces of Iron 1/8th scale pilot in the HobbyKing "Avos Brand" 1200mm Yak-52 for a "Perfect" size fit!! So a 1600mm airfrmae is larger than a 1200mm airframe!!!  The pilot figure would also be larger .....at least....... I am thinking a 1/7th is larger than 1/8th?

1/4 = h5.5"  w4.3" d2.8"  2.5 oz

1/5 = h4.4" w3.4" d2.1"  1.7 oz

1/7 =  h3.1" w2.4" d1.5"  1.0 oz

1/8 = h2.5" w2" d1.3" 0.5 oz (1200mm Yak-52)

1/10 = smaller!!
                  It's worth snagging a 1/8 scale Aces of Iron to see if it will work...Okay, I'll be the Guinea Pig.  :)
                  LOL...already beat you to it...have mine already and painted up....we'll see how He fits and what modification will be needed?
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora
                    Yeah I too am enjoying the "fresh" feeling of a new forum based site.  ;)

Though I have the MRC recommended 4S packs inbound for the review (4S 2500mAh and 4S 3000mAh), I kinda wanted to make up an EC5 to twin Deans Ultra Style so that I could also explore using a larger single 4S pack (though I am not even 100% certain I have 4S packs of 5000-6000mAh in my inventory).

Too many minutes and several singed fingertips later I have it done. I used genuine Deans 12 ga stranded wire, really good quality stuff. But you really have to tin that stuff well. And it was tricky to get two pieces of it into the EC5 pins. If you are not really comfortable soldering your own, I might recommend going with a pre-made adapter. Provided the person or company you buy it from is good at soldering the larger gauge wires and connectors.  :P

Nice job. 

I have connectors and wire inbound as we speak. I've Googled until I was crosseyed, and AFAIK, there is no one making an adapter. I'm going the single 5000 route to start. I just don't trust two batteries. To many variables that could turn a twin into a single in mid flight. I'm an intermediate pilot, at best, and doubt I'd be able to recover a motor out condition...
                    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

hey guys, maybe this will get your hearts pumping. i posted this over @ the other joint as well. this is a video i made of the ***en fighters museum in granite falls MN. they have many WW2 aircraft which are well cared for and flown regularly. the video shows their 2 P-51's 2 P-40s a B-25 and their P-38. their P-38 is the only flying P-38 with both the superchargers and turbochargers functioning. all others out there are flying off superchargers only. i gathered this info when i made the video . just a great bunch of guys real down to earth. when the P-38 takes off you can tell just how quiet it really was.
                      i have many many photos as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8bXobGCYH0
                      AKA meltor

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Moon

LOL...already beat you to it...have mine already and painted up....we'll see how He fits and what modification will be needed?

Why am I not surprised?  I should have known better!  :D
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

So is there any color code to match the olive-drab on this plane. I decided to go with the "Thoughts of Midnight" scheme and the spinners are matched to the fuse with red rings or will I just have to go to Home Depot and have them match it.
                          Andy

Comment

Why am I not surprised?  I should have known better!  :D
                            LOL....very curious to see under the hood on this one for battery size and placement availability as well as cockpit size for the desired pilot change....I think the 1/8 I have (which is the smallest they have) is going to be a bit big?, but we'll see if  he works out?

I sent one to Ryan...but it's taking forever to get to him as I'm following the tracking #

Brandon Moon

Comment

The videos should be up very soon which will show everything you could possibly want...The build video is nice and detailed. A LOT more battery compartment space then the FMS version that is for sure.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Sounds super!!! :) can't wait to see :)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneCrazy
                                  So is there any color code to match the olive-drab on this plane.  I decided to go with the "Thoughts of Midnight" scheme and the spinners are matched to the fuse with red rings or will I just have to go to Home Depot and have them match it.
                                  Andy
                                  They do a good job of matching, just watch that they don't dent the foam when they push the scanner down on it.
                                  What we need to do is start a thread to identify the paint numbers on the matched colors we get.
                                  That way we could all benefit from one scan.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Probably going to end up doing my own "fantasy Scale" version with my own touches
                                    Brandon Moon

Comment

Probably going to end up doing my own "fantasy Scale" version with my own touches

I would be disappointed if you didn't!   ;)

Grossman, great idea on the swatch numbers.  No need for everyone who wants to paint match to have to get their own numbers if someone can list theirs.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10
                                        Hello Gman,
                                        How about reminding us so that I don't have to try and search for what the brand is of the silver paint Lauren recommended.
                                        Thanx,
                                        Hey OV.  Its by Delta Creative
                                        Its' called "Ceramcoat"
                                        Metallic Silver
                                        Comes in an 8 Fl. oz bottle and I got it on Amazon
                                        I also picked up a bottle of Sargent Art
                                        Metallic Acrylic Paint, Silver (obviously) on Amazon as well, its slightly darker so you can easily vary the tone on different panels.
                                        Both are fairly thick so you have to water them down, but they'll last a long time and they do a great job

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

80!!!!!!!! Wow! They really make the model detail stand out though. Very cool!
                                          Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                          X