X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

I know right and by the reports, simular problema caused them both. Power issues. Oddly though, you were running twin packs, I was only running a single, and both came to an end by the same cause.
    :Confused:DD was using two packs with one to each ESC(each motor was now on a separate power source).
    From your comment of using only one battery, your ESC's had to be Y'd to the single battery, being that the case here is the most probable reason.
    One of the ESC's had a different LVCO(low voltage cut off) point over the other which would cause that motor to shut down over the other an induce the spin.
    The Y'd ESC's to the supply source is still the more reliable setup if all parameters on the ESC's are set the same.;)
    Any voltage drops in this config will as I said earlier shut down both motors and you now dead stick it like a single motor plane.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yeah, mine was an out and out stall from about 20ft up while in a turn to make final. The power dipped out and over she went. Like I said more or less this one is on me totally

Comment

• I've resently crashed my P-38 and had installed the gear upgrade. In the crash, the nose gear wire that attaches the oleo to the retract was bent. Found out after a MRC chat, that they don't sell a replacement wire, I'd have to buy a new oleo set. Does anyone know if a substitute wire is to be had or do I just try to straighten the wire as best as I can?

Comment

• Recently crashed my 38 and bent the nose gear wire that is part of the upgraded oleo (see photos). MRC chat told me a replacement wire isn't available, I'd have to buy a new oleo set. Does anyone know of substitue I could use or do I have to try and bend the wire as best as I could?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
            I've resently crashed my P-38 and had installed the gear upgrade. In the crash, the nose gear wire that attaches the oleo to the retract was bent. Found out after a MRC chat, that they don't sell a replacement wire, I'd have to buy a new oleo set. Does anyone know if a substitute wire is to be had or do I just try to straighten the wire as best as I can?
            Straighten or cut the stock strut and use it.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• ^ Best solution. Or .............................
              Those retract "pin" wires are pretty common. Just buy one from another plane's retract. Just ensure it's the same gauge. You may need to "doctor" it up a bit to make it work.
              eg. ........................... https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...connecting-pin
              You can also buy a piece of piano wire of the same thickness and make your own.
              All things considered, a new replacement nose strut is only 5 bucks ................ https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ing-gear-strut
              If you want the "upgrade" strut, it's only 15 bucks .......... https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...strut-and-tire

Comment

• TiredironGRB. I've already tried to straighten it, so I'll cut the stock one. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                  Recently crashed my 38 and bent the nose gear wire that is part of the upgraded oleo (see photos). MRC chat told me a replacement wire isn't available, I'd have to buy a new oleo set. Does anyone know of substitue I could use or do I have to try and bend the wire as best as I could?
                  Hobby king sells the trunion-strut pins in assorted millimeter diameters. The pins are not as stiff as Music Wire by K&S which helps the wire to bend before something else breaks. You may have to grind your own flats to suit the particular trunion and strut. (so the set screws will actually prevent rotation)

I used to get music wire and drill the trunion and strut for the SAE diameter when dealing with this issue.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Straighten or cut the stock strut and use it.
                    Hey George you put in Robarts right? 2.75 and 2.5 right? Diamond tread? I want to know if they fit no fuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Hey George you put in Robarts right? 2.75 and 2.5 right? Diamond tread? I want to know if they fit no fuss.
                      Yes, they fit perfect ;)
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hi everyone, love my P-38. I just tried upgrading the gear and am having problems with both mains not retracting all the way. Also the nose gear servo crapped the bed on landing once, got it working again, but now after the gear upgrade it has quit working again. Any suggestions on why these new mains will not fully retract? They are not hitting anything and it makes no sense. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• My bad. Figured it out. I had pushed the mains all the way into the servo, past the flats for the grub screws.

Comment

• Glad you got it worked out Bill.

Comment

• Hello All,

I would like to thank everyone for the excellent information and all the help with my questions.
                              I have many flights on the P-38 now, and you were all correct......I love it!!!!
                              What a sweet flying twin! I just received the FL Tigercat today and have been following that thread.
                              The people on this forum are the greatest as well as MRC.
                              Thanks again everyone!

Comment

• Sadly the worlds biggest tree decided to jump in front of "lil Buckeroo" RIP..... (it's amazing how fast trees can move..lol)
                                I was getting twitchy missing my favourite twin :Sick2:
                                thankfully "Judy Anne" is nearly ready to go.....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	105146Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1075.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	105147Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	105148Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.JPG
Views:	520
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	105149Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1076.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	105150Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	105151Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1081.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	105152Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1070.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	105153Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1065.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	105154Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1073.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	105155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1061.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	105156Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1064.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	105157Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	105158

Comment

• Great job Wes, you will have to do a fly past in memory of little Buckeroo.
                                    a wee bit higher!

Comment

• ;)

Comment

• Just wow! :-)
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Beautiful weathering!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X