Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most excellent Kato.........:Cool:I expected there was a high probability that was your issue.;)
    Your not the lone ranger when it comes to waiting out mother nature. It's been a freakin swamp here in upstate NY. Flash flood warnings posted last evening :(
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yeah, just did a charter trip from Savannah to Syracuse then Hartford to Nashville yesterday. Messy up there. Tops of thunderstorms above us at 45,000'

Comment

• Finally! It flies! WooHoo! Two flights, nothing broke, nothing scratched...YES! Grass field with the "upgraded" FW struts. All was great. Can't wait to go again!

Comment

• Congrats! It's a wonderful plane to fly.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by miatateer View Post
            Finally! It flies! WooHoo! Two flights, nothing broke, nothing scratched...YES! Grass field with the "upgraded" FW struts. All was great. Can't wait to go again!
            Good job! I love the way this plane tracks..........like it was on rails. The upgraded struts really make it less bouncy when taxiing on a bumpy surface. Be sure to keep some power on on approach with flaps.....cost me some gear getting too slow on landing. Brad

Comment

• I've posted this in a couple other forums, but I thought that you guys might enjoy it as well. My P-38 went hunting Schwalbes, and did a fair job of staying on his 6 for a fair amount of the flight. Anyway, I thought that I'd post the video here, if anyone is interested in some onboard-camera, Schwalbe chasing...

---
              Warbirder

Comment

• I like it

Comment

• In the video that I'd posted, the Me-262 was being flown pretty slowly. Otherwise, I could never has stayed with him as long as I did. In our first flight of the day, he was flying much faster, and I only got close to him just before he landed. That earlier flight was captured on a hat cam, but you can clearly see how much faster the Schwalbe was compared to my Lightning and I was flying WOT for most of the sortie.

---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Wonder if you could get him with the upgraded power system. Lol that thing was moving

Comment

• With his 12-blade, higher KV fans, he really scoots. He takes off noticebly faster than my 6-bladed-fan ME-262. In the air, though, his speed is only marginally faster than mine. I don't think that a fast P-38 could ever catch one of these 262s. The only chance would be to turn inside him, or to come screaming down from high altitude.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• You know, the only person to shoot a 262 down in combat was Chuck Yeager. All the other ones shot down were either on takeoff or landing because they also were too fast. Brad

Comment

• At least a few Mustang drivers got 'probables' in aerial combat. One that comes to mind is Richard Candelaria. I think that his 262 engagement was discussed in an episode of Dogfights that I saw on YouTube not too long ago.
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• I stand corrected.....just joking about the fact that you were having the same problem with the speed of the 262 as our guys in europe were having. Brad

Comment

• Ah, got it. At least I had a pretty good idea where he was headed (being as we're flying mostly in an oval). I could predict his turns and turn inside him, but I was cautious about doing that. He wasn't as maneuverable as me and I didn't want to guess wrong (depth perception and paralax) and make him have to dodge me. That was really fun flying. Hope to do it again soon.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• That was so cool Oxotnik. What camera were you using and how did you get it to stay attached...in front of or behind the windscreen perhaps?

Comment

• OK Finally ready for Maiden.... Will let you know how it goes....
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Good luck! She looks great!
                                    Pat

Comment

• very nice, shoot some video if you can. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                        You know, the only person to shoot a 262 down in combat was Chuck Yeager. All the other ones shot down were either on takeoff or landing because they also were too fast. Brad
                                        Point of order kind sir.

Comment

• Quite right, I should have said that Chuck Yeager was the first to shoot one down, not the only. Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X