Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlaneDoc
    replied
    Hi Guys, I just ordered the P-38 and getting ready to order some Callie nomenclature graphics. What scale would be best? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LeftyAce
    replied
    I recently started flying the P-38 and thoroughly enjoying it. It compliments my Tigercat and A-10 very nicely. The plane is from my brother's estate and along with the plane he had purchased the upgraded landing gear and sport power set. I changed out the landing gear but am very content with the stock engine setup. If anyone is interested in the sport power set (green) (new in the box) at a discounted price send me a message. The proceeds will go back to his family.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I dont think it was me, I gotta say most of that was Devine intervention it was like not even thinking almost automatic reaction to an emergency.

Leave a comment:

• mr.frankenjet
    replied
    nice save, not sure I could think fast enough :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Finally found the problem in the single plug wing connection. Need to look and see if I can find where the short is

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Ran into a problem today flying my P38. The left aileron locked in the full up position. I was able to stabilize by applying full flaps and full right aileron then I could only make left turns until I could circle back and land using rudders lightly and keeping upright with the rudder, flaps, power and elevator. Scared the crap out of me, as of right now I plugged her back in and I'm trying to recreate. First thought was servo, but then I'm really starting to think the blue box may be to blame. So far since I plugged in a few minutes ago there hasn't been any more glitches.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
    I Love my two P-38L's, Thanks again Flightlinerc!!!!..... is there any chance Motion could create a 3DPUP and cut guide to convert it to a P-38G I would love to model my third as a "G"?
    I took a long look at mine when I first got it to see if converting the nacelles to an "H" or earlier would be an option but it looked like the bottom "firewall" location would have to be cut into and maybe compromise it's strength. It would probably be doable but it would be a lot of work.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Heres my buddy and I getting mine ready to fly this past Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Wesnc
    replied
    I Love my two P-38L's, Thanks again Flightlinerc!!!!..... is there any chance Motion could create a 3DPUP and cut guide to convert it to a P-38G I would love to model my third as a "G"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P-38G.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	147297

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yeah I worry about that on my field, it's really bumpy

Leave a comment:

• JFandL
    replied
    WTG, on the ground it looks no where near that number. I have a crack starting on my center nose wheel well section.:Crying: Runs half way up from the rear of the wheel well.
    So mine is grounded until I can get it fixed. Grass landings I guess and many to boot. I've never had a hard landing.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Topped out at 82mph with the stock canopy just doing wide open laps..

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I have a quick question regarding the spinner back plates and the motor temps... I took my props off immediately after a flight just to check the mount board integrity, the board was good to go, however the propshaft off the motor was very very warm to near hot! How much can that effect the integrity of the spinner back plates having that much contact with a hot surface?

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yes indeed the A10 got 96mph

Leave a comment:

• JFandL
    replied
    that's still fast

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I'm fixing to upload the video. It's a fun one. :)Watched it again. Couldn't remember if it was 84 or 83, but turned out it was 83 for the top end. Oops lol

Leave a comment:

• JFandL
    replied
    on the ground it seems some what slower but I'm sure its haulin.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I got mine to 84 level flight flying clean no tanks in fpv

Leave a comment:

• JFandL
    replied
    P-38's are my love hate aircraft. What a joy to fly one for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X