Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yes indeed, the 38 just cuts though the air like butter.

Leave a comment:

• Trobinson99
    replied
    Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
    Those are some nice shots! Looks good :Cool: :p38
    We are very lucky to have the photographer that we do, he does amazing work

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post
    Hey all,

I was out to a local club for an open house last Monday and brought out my P-38 for the first time since last year.

Just a couple of pics taken during the event.

Got mine out for the first time this year as well. Wind was 15mph+ from everywhich direction. Not a problem with this bird. Just "plane" fun :p38:).

Leave a comment:

• Dual Prop Dave
    replied
    Those are some nice shots! Looks good :Cool: :p38

Leave a comment:

• Trobinson99
    replied
    Hey all,

I was out to a local club for an open house last Monday and brought out my P-38 for the first time since last year.

Just a couple of pics taken during the event.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Looks great to me!

Leave a comment:

• Arycon
    replied
    Working on the P-38 (finally) to get her airworthy again. The cockpit has been holding me up. Since I damaged the original one on a hard landing. Since I had to swap out the original pilot with the Aces of Iron pilot I bought, I finally broke down and added some detail to the radio equipment. It is a little rushed, but I'm ok with the results.

I used some polystyrene rods and like 30 gauge wire for the wire bundles. I was able to put 4 pieces of wire together and twist them up. Worked perfectly. Then just added some paint. Nothing fancy, but adds some flare.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Now that doesn't look fun.

Leave a comment:

• SoLongSidekick
    replied
    Here's an image of just how important that tail reinforcement was, and how effective it was. Direct hit from an 88mm anti-air gun.

Second image is just an interesting one I had never seen before of Thomas McGuire in the cockpit of his P-38.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Wolf
    replied
    Looking good RM!

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    With the landing gear completely repaired on the P38, it sure looks great with its FL twin counterpart the tigercat. And I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the refinements made to the airframe or not, but they both feel as easy as the other to fly. I do feel like the new one feels better than the older "version" of the P38.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Good save on that selfie stick fail! Always love how this plane flys

Leave a comment:

• ryramZ
    replied
    Let’s form up

Leave a comment:

• RRHandy
    replied
    Tail skid plate is what that is at the bottom. :Cool:

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    That looks more like a formation light or something along those lines

Leave a comment:

• SoLongSidekick
    replied
    God my P-38 image galleries are getting so big I don't even realize what pictures I have in there haha. For anyone wondering, I've attached a picture that shows the empennage reinforcement (and maybe a tail radar antenna?).

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yeeees! That's the spot, they actually changed the angle of the stabilizer and those things are the result.

Leave a comment:

• SoLongSidekick
    replied
    OHHHH! Now I know what you're talking about! Are you talking about that hideous triple or quadruple row of giant rivets at the front of the emphanage? I wondered why I only saw that on some pictures of P-38s.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I'm sure its flown pretty hard but nothing like war time. I would think the FAA would only allow so many Gs on old birds much less a dive the guys in war time were doing ripping tails off trying to pull from the dive. Just seeing them cruising around in the sky is enough for me. But then I'm just a 40 yr old retired army sergeant who is just happy with simplicity and chilling after going through hell in Iraq.

Leave a comment:

• SoLongSidekick
    replied
    God I'm so freaking sleep deprived and in the zone on spell checking I was getting frustrated as to why there was to "edit" button below your post haha.

God wouldn't it be cool to fly a P-38 in combat aerobatics? I wonder how hard Red Bull pushes their plane.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X